Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 01:36 PM

25,765 posts, read 18,826,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There goes that new car smell....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2024, 01:44 PM

255 posts, read 262,733 times
Similarly in Casper, Wyoming, the city council wants to hold landlords responsible for delinquent tenant utilities bills!

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2024/01...utility-bills/

There are already constant discussions around the state about available, affordable housing. If I were a landlord I'd sell every rental I had!

Thankfully we do not live in Casper, nor do we rent!

Old 03-31-2024, 07:48 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
If we are going to fight crime, doesn't it make sense to make manufacturers part of the effort of PREVENTING it?
No. The issue is the word "make." You're talking about / defending the use of force to coerce businesses into doing something that the market may not be demanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
We mandate other types of safety measures in cars.
Which is also not government's place but that's neither here nor there as this isn't a "safety measure."

"Safety measures" make something safer. Theft isn't a safety issue. It's a crime issue. Conflating crime with safety is become THE standard method of operation for the Leftist globalists. They did it with covid and they've been doing it with guns for a long time. Now they're doing it with this kind of stuff, appliances... everything. We live in a "safety culture" now and it's suffocating our economy and society.

Old 03-31-2024, 01:31 PM

7,507 posts, read 5,755,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
How do these dem mayors keep getting re-elected??????????????????????????????????

Who are these voters and how can they outnumber the conscious voters in both parties who oppose such idiocy???

The mayor reflects the voters' ethics and beliefs.
They are a reflection of the IQ of their constituents..

Old 03-31-2024, 01:32 PM

7,507 posts, read 5,755,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
How do these dem mayors keep getting re-elected??????????????????????????????????

Who are these voters and how can they outnumber the conscious voters in both parties who oppose such idiocy???

The mayor reflects the voters' ethics and beliefs.
They are a reflection of the IQ of their constituents..

Look at Hank.. Guam will tip over..

https://youtu.be/cesSRfXqS1Q?si=_hNzc2QsiAbQUFyd

Old 03-31-2024, 01:37 PM

13,750 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Also: Chicago was trying to force businesses to hire private security.

We live in interesting times.
No doubt.

How long before some cities buy out and operate local businesses to ensure residences have access to food shopping, convenience stores and gas stations.

Old 03-31-2024, 01:49 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
The Democrat St Louis Mayor wants to hold business owners accountable for crime on or near their property. She cites convenience stores and gas stations.

https://wlos.com/news/nation-world/s...-public-safety

So she wouldn't mind if these businesses hire armed guards with fully automatic weapons standing at the door?
There is a TV show out now called BMF, its fictionalized for dramatic purposes, but it talks about the very real Black Mafia Family and how they created a drug empire in the 1990's.

One of the ways they did it was paying Fastfood and Gas stations to look the other way when drug deals were going down in their parking lot. Or even worse, selling from inside the location with buzz words " let me get a Big Mac with with 4 pickles,3 slices of cheese and special sauce", or " can I get a pack of "Maralboro Gold lites"

She is basically saying these businesses need to be held accountable.

Old 03-31-2024, 01:58 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,714,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There is a TV show out now called BMF, its fictionalized for dramatic purposes, but it talks about the very real Black Mafia Family and how they created a drug empire in the 1990's.

One of the ways they did it was paying Fastfood and Gas stations to look the other way when drug deals were going down in their parking lot. Or even worse, selling from inside the location with buzz words " let me get a Big Mac with with 4 pickles,3 slices of cheese and special sauce", or " can I get a pack of "Maralboro Gold lites"

She is basically saying these businesses need to be held accountable.
So she is saying that these businesses need to be held accountable because a Fictional TV show from the 1990s said stores were involved in drug deals?

I know some people want to bend over backward to defend insane Liberal Progressives...but I think that even this is quite a stretch. Seems like if this was happening they'd want to get the cops to break up these rings and arrest the dealers instead of putting them back on the street.

Old 03-31-2024, 02:02 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
I left St. Louis 15 years ago, and I'm so glad I did. That place just keeps getting dumber.

Old 03-31-2024, 02:11 PM

17,637 posts, read 6,918,695 times
I want these Democrat politicians and their voters held accountable for all the lives they’ve taken and ruined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies