Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 09:43 PM

17,594 posts, read 13,372,722 times

Advertisements

https://www.newsrael.com/posts/ph6cos3yb9
Quote:
Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates famously said that Joe Biden “has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”
But even Gates should be shocked by the words that came out of Joe Biden’s mouth today.

"What I'm calling for is for the Israelis to just call for a ceasefire, allow for the next six, eight weeks total access to all food and medicine going into the country," the president said, as unbelievable as it may seem.
Nothing was said about hostages being released (Hamas has already admitted over the last few days that at least some of the hostages are dead). There was no call for Hamas to surrender or even stop rocket attacks and acts of terrorism.
War only ends because it is so difficult for one side and its populace to continue the war. And Biden wants to keep dragging it out; allow Hamas, which is committed to the destruction of Israel, to regroup and re-arm; and set the stage for more events like October 7, God forbid.
Hey, Joe, what about the hostages still being held by Hamas who are American citizens?
Yeah Joe, what what about Oct 8th, you sell out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2024, 10:30 AM

737 posts, read 486,704 times
Why is the microscope on Israel? Why is the onus for a ceasefire placed on Israel? Why is most of the critique place on Israel?

Three words: Israel Derangement Syndrome.

Old 04-12-2024, 08:58 AM

711 posts, read 294,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
Why is the microscope on Israel? Why is the onus for a ceasefire placed on Israel? Why is most of the critique place on Israel?

Three words: Israel Derangement Syndrome.
It's amazing really. Hamas can end the war today by simply laying down arms and releasing the hostages. I don't understand why there are not marches or college kids protesting calling for Hamas leaders to do just that.
Well...we know what the reason is. One word - antisemitism.

Old 04-12-2024, 09:13 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,667,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
It's amazing really. Hamas can end the war today by simply laying down arms and releasing the hostages. I don't understand why there are not marches or college kids protesting calling for Hamas leaders to do just that.
Well...we know what the reason is. One word - antisemitism.
Antisemitism is a small part.
The larger part is the Palestinian cause has been safeguarded and preserved under the intersectional umbrella for a good 10-15 years now.

Old 04-12-2024, 12:25 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
West bank and Gaza, Fatah, and Hamas, overwhelmingly support murdering Jews. A huge majority have supported the most heinous specific terror attacks. They overwhelmingly do not support a two state solution, except as a stage to destroy Israel.

Hamas (and all Islamic terrorists) entire war strategy is based on Israel not wanting to kill civilians and willing to do anything to protect Israeli civilians. In short, Hamas views Israel's morality as its weakest attribute.

If you asked me several years ago, Israel and Palestinian, whom do you support? My answer would be, both. I wish they could live peacefully as neighbors. But now, You'd better believe I am on Israel side 100%.

Although I am a Christian, my support towards Israel has nothing to do with "God's chosen people". I think anybody, regardless of faith, should study the conflict and come up with their own conclusion. I think you can certainly criticize Israel and don't need to defend everything they do, but I really grow tired of people painting it as "bad Israel, Victim Palestine." It is a darn shame that even today the best place for an Arab to live freely and comfortable in the Middle East is.. in Israel.

Old 04-13-2024, 01:42 PM

8,932 posts, read 4,660,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I read a substantial portion of the report you linked.

The so called "palestinians" in the East Bank area murdered another boy, and they are causing trouble.

I think, if the Muslims in the East Bank can't be peaceful, they need to go.

Old 04-13-2024, 03:34 PM

6,133 posts, read 3,355,504 times
I have been posting on here for 3+ years that Biden’s Mideast policy is an unmitigated disaster. Appeasement doesn’t work. Playing both sides doesn’t work.

Glad to see the “adults” back in charge. Almost the entire region is in flames.

Old 04-13-2024, 04:26 PM

12,993 posts, read 9,521,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I have been posting on here for 3+ years that Biden’s Mideast policy is an unmitigated disaster. Appeasement doesn’t work. Playing both sides doesn’t work.

Glad to see the “adults” back in charge. Almost the entire region is in flames.
Biden is certainly waffling with the winds - whichever side he thinks will get him the most votes he goes with.

After all, he said himself that Obama chose him as VP based upon his foreign policy expertise.

Old 04-13-2024, 05:26 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,431,797 times
These are two different topics, folks. This is the Israel/Hamas thread. ]This is the Israel/Iran thread. Please use them accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-13-2024 at 06:02 PM..

Old 04-14-2024, 08:39 AM

317 posts, read 224,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Biden is certainly waffling with the winds - whichever side he thinks will get him the most votes he goes with.

After all, he said himself that Obama chose him as VP based upon his foreign policy expertise.

This isn't about Biden....yet. Iran has funded Hamas for years to infiltrate Israeli intelligence and they will not stop until Israel is dust. Israel will eventually have to take extreme measures to protect itself and Iran knows what that means but they do not care. They will sacrifice every man, woman and child in the Middle East to eradicate the Jews.

The only sane thing Biden can do right now is try to mitigate the damage to American interests in the region and provide some sort of humanitarian aid to civilians. Doing anything else at this time just gives a poke in the ribs to Putin, China and North Korea. There will come a time for the US to press down on the accelerator but this is not it. It will happen soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies