Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 12:32 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,498,939 times

Advertisements

Sending more troops to Iraq is another Bush massacre, this war will not be won with ground troops alone. Until they bring in some heavy fire power and wipe these scum bags out.... this war can and most likely will drag on for years. This war is so much like NAM in ways, it's not being fought by the soldiers... but by the NUMB NUTS in Washington...a political war.

It won't do any good to change Generals in Iraq, because Washington limits the Generals... they can't not fight the war the way they want. They are only being replaced because they disagreed with Bush and told him what an idiot Rumsfeld was.... Senor Bush don't like it much when smarter people disagrees with him. We need a general like William Westmoreland, put him in Iraq and let him do things his way... the war would be over shortly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 01:17 AM

Default E-mail

If anyone wants to E-Mail Senor Bush and express their concerns about anything here you go. Comments@Whitehouse.Gov

Old 01-10-2007, 02:01 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,974,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Muhnay ,
My father served in Vietnam. I support you for having served and being an honorable person for the country; but I cannot and will never support Bush and his lobbyists. They are decimating our economy right now. And I do not trust him.
You dont have to support Bush.. to support our Troops and their mission.

I would love to yank all our troops back to the border, keep Iran and Siria out of the area, and allow the people of Iraq solve their own problems with out any outside influance. Once Iraq has finished its civil war, we lend support to the new leadership if they so desire it.

I understand your feelings.. the problem is everyone thinks I am batting for Bush. Im Not.. I will say he has done some good.. but a lot of harm as well.. I dont think he is strong enough on immergration. But I do agree with his tax cuts.

At the same time I dont trust the media, you dont think they have an agenda as well. Do you know the amount of stuff not reported because it would shed a poor light on topics they support.. but if it bashes Bush its front page news.

the Problem with IRAQ, is they have a different social order there, different values, and we as Americans cant wrap our minds around that..

As an example had you spoke to me.. a women to a man, I could beat you silly. A women only speaks when spoken too. Uncover your face in public and I can kill you where you stand. These are acceptable in this area of the world. They dont value life as we do.. so yes I think we should pull back and quit trying to place our Values and Morals on these people. They dont want us there either.. so let them have it. So Yes I agree. But at the same time I am a US soldier, If the order is moral I must follow it.. even if it means my life doing so.

I get very angry that people sit on these boards and talk smack that have not stood up and served.. Its like the line you cant complain if you dont vote. So if you dont serve dont moan about troop movements. Thats all.

I am a Police Officer on a Military base.. I see these kids daily, I talk to them I understand them, some are scared, most are eager to get in there and do their duty.. they are proud young men and women doing a duty many have shied away from. They know there is a war on, they know what is going on, and yet they still joined up and said send me, because I am an American and I want to do my duty for god and country.

So for you to sit in your chair and moan and complain about how sad it is that more troops are going over to Iraq, is a smear in these kids faces. and I wont sit by and allow you to shame these soldiers.

Another thing you all sit there thinking BUSH is pulling the nobs,and pushing the buttons.. do you not understand there is a whole room full of generals, advisiors, from all branches of the military.. these people goto the president and advise him on the actions he should take.. so if anyone is to blame its these generals and advisiors who have not laid out a better plan.. yes Bush signs off on these things.. but he is going from what these people tell him.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:44 AM

3 posts, read 19,333 times
As a mom of a son in the process of being deployed to Iran as we speak, I still can not make any sense out of Bush's decision to send more troops! How much more support and training will be needed before this country can defend themselves? How many more lives must be lost? We need our troops to come home and defend our borders.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:27 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,624,473 times
As an example had you spoke to me.. a women to a man, I could beat you silly. A women only speaks when spoken too.

Okay- that is their culture-we hear this time and time again. This war is going to change centuries of culture, and they will suddenly change? Look at Ireland/Catholics vs. Protestants- centuries of violence have not changed. We have heard from many generals on this issue, and they have critiqued Bush and his admins for their stubborn and hell-bent attitude with this war. We the people are being forced to accept what Bush decides. That is Fascism, not a democracy.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:49 AM

Ok there ya go again thinking its Bush.. Bush has advisiors. They say send more troops.. he sends more troops. Yes I know there are some generals that have spoken agianst him, but there are those thats support him as well..

Lets also be fair.. we have not heard his plan yet. It will be told to us today, what we have so far is what the news is reporting, its speculation..

I think you miss my point with that Sunny.. When your there it really hits home with our young men and women. It sickens them and they have a hard time accepting that way of life. But no we have men and women there that want to change it, and we cant.. that was what I was getting at.. sorry for the confusion.

Sorry, I have so many thoughts that scramble though my head and I sometimes get it all mix in my post and I make less sense.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:52 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,485,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post

I get very angry that people sit on these boards and talk smack that have not stood up and served.. Its like the line you cant complain if you dont vote. So if you dont serve dont moan about troop movements. Thats all.

I am a Police Officer on a Military base.. I see these kids daily, I talk to them I understand them, some are scared, most are eager to get in there and do their duty.. they are proud young men and women doing a duty many have shied away from. They know there is a war on, they know what is going on, and yet they still joined up and said send me, because I am an American and I want to do my duty for god and country.

So for you to sit in your chair and moan and complain about how sad it is that more troops are going over to Iraq, is a smear in these kids faces. and I wont sit by and allow you to shame these soldiers.

Another thing you all sit there thinking BUSH is pulling the nobs,and pushing the buttons.. do you not understand there is a whole room full of generals, advisiors, from all branches of the military.. these people goto the president and advise him on the actions he should take.. so if anyone is to blame its these generals and advisiors who have not laid out a better plan.. yes Bush signs off on these things.. but he is going from what these people tell him.
I respect your service and your daily contact with the soldiers, but I still don't understand why I as a civilian can't have an opinion on how our troops are being used. I'm a citizen of this country who votes and who keeps up on current events as to keep my opinion as well-informed as possible. I'm entitled to my opinions. I do support our troops- that's why I don't want them put in a situation where they are going to be sitting ducks in the midst of a raging civil war that has nothing to do with them. I also think that the ones who are there shouldn't have to depend on Christmas gifts from the family just to have adequate protection.

Also, Bush might not be controlling everything, but his handlers are, then. It's not the generals' fault for a "faulty plan". The generals wanted double the troops from the outset. The generals have tried to tell Bush for a long time now that to keep on keeping on is going to do nothing but get us slaughtered and not solve a thing as far as security is concerned. Bush fires all the generals who do not tell him what he wants to hear- he flat out told generals recently that he doesn't want to hear about withdrawal, he wants to hear about "winning". Never mind that no one, even Bush, knows what "winning" would even look like at this point.

Whatever happened to "The Buck Stops Here?"

Old 01-10-2007, 05:35 AM

I dont know.. I wish we could go back to a simpler time where the BUCK would stop here. But we dont. I agree and share your point of view on how the troops are being used. I think its a soldier thing... its one of those band of brother, in the thick of it kinda things. Its sorta insulting to us military types, now I know I cant speak for all of us.. but for some reason it is for me.

I have 3 metal pins in my back from serving over there. dont piety me, I only mention it, because I think I am misunderstood. And I understand that we were sent in with crap equipment, and we had to get flak vest from parents and people who rallied and helped us.(thank you) I was an 88Mike a truck driver.. while in the Army.

I do understand where your coming from. I do.. I just think we need to understand there is more than Bush to blame.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:28 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,685,970 times
Quote:

I would love to yank all our troops back to the border, keep Iran and Siria out of the area, and allow the people of Iraq solve their own problems with out any outside influance. Once Iraq has finished its civil war, we lend support to the new leadership if they so desire it.

I understand your feelings.. the problem is everyone thinks I am batting for Bush. Im Not.. I will say he has done some good.. but a lot of harm as well.. I dont think he is strong enough on immergration. But I do agree with his tax cuts.

At the same time I dont trust the media, you dont think they have an agenda as well. Do you know the amount of stuff not reported because it would shed a poor light on topics they support.. but if it bashes Bush its front page news.

the Problem with IRAQ, is they have a different social order there, different values, and we as Americans cant wrap our minds around that..

As an example had you spoke to me.. a women to a man, I could beat you silly. A women only speaks when spoken too. Uncover your face in public and I can kill you where you stand. These are acceptable in this area of the world. They dont value life as we do.. so yes I think we should pull back and quit trying to place our Values and Morals on these people. They dont want us there either.. so let them have it. So Yes I agree. But at the same time I am a US soldier, If the order is moral I must follow it.. even if it means my life doing so.

AMEN!!!!!!, thank you, thank you for serving, I have a dad, stepdad, grandfather and two uncles and a brother in law all who have served. They all say it doesnt serve the soldiers moral well to know america is against what they are doing.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Ok there ya go again thinking its Bush.. Bush has advisiors. They say send more troops.. he sends more troops. Yes I know there are some generals that have spoken agianst him, but there are those thats support him as well..

Lets also be fair.. we have not heard his plan yet. It will be told to us today, what we have so far is what the news is reporting, its speculation..

I think you miss my point with that Sunny.. When your there it really hits home with our young men and women. It sickens them and they have a hard time accepting that way of life. But no we have men and women there that want to change it, and we cant.. that was what I was getting at.. sorry for the confusion.

Sorry, I have so many thoughts that scramble though my head and I sometimes get it all mix in my post and I make less sense.

Regardless of what anyone suggest, Bush does not have to send more troops if he doesn't want too. Remember when General Westmoreland ask for more troops in Nam? LBJ refused to send more troops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies