Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 02:54 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,785 times

Advertisements

yes you read the thread title correct. there is absolutely no way to stop global warming. it's here to stay friends. we are very narcissistic people. we believe that "our time is now!" and "we can make a difference." all of those save the planet slogans are a joke. we should do whatever we can to reduce emissions and be more responsible people but the fact remains. the earth is DOOMED. there is going to be a time when it isn't here, and the human race dies off. I am not sure if anyone has noticed this before, but we live in a solar system. we orbit around the sun. the sun is a star. as a star ages, it burns hotter and brighter. by the time the sun is old enough, it will burn off all of the life on this planet. life will not be able to survive when orbiting around a red giant. so no matter how narcissistic we want to be, we are only a spec in the universe. we are small. you can think you are going to make a difference all you want, but you won't in the long term. I actually think that we will kill off each other before the sun burns us to death. either way, we are doomed! I would love to hear from someone who thinks we can reverse global warming. I will post a link below on the lifespan of the sun.

Image:Sun Life.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 02:58 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,683 times
How about...there's no stopping it because it doesn't exist.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
How about...there's no stopping it because it doesn't exist.
oh trust me it exists. it's not something to panic about. it's just something we can't do anything about.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:06 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
oh trust me it exists. it's not something to panic about. it's just something we can't do anything about.
Lets try not to burst any blood vessels.. Global Warming is a natural process, and that being said, the Earth has always adjusted and/or undone any damage. In this case, Ocean Stagnation is the solution to Global Warming. Basically the oceans stop circulating, allowing Carbon Dioxide to sink, and polar ice caps to refreeze. This process has occurred 7 times in Earth's history. Humans may expedite such warming, but volcanoes have long been perpetrators before humans started building factories everywhere.

So please spare us the 'we are all going to die' monologue.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:08 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
there is NO stopping global warming!

Well then, its ok if I buy that 68 Olds I have been eyeing in the classifieds?

Old 06-12-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Lets try not to burst any blood vessels.. Global Warming is a natural process, and that being said, the Earth has always adjusted and/or undone any damage. In this case, Ocean Stagnation is the solution to Global Warming. Basically the oceans stop circulating, allowing Carbon Dioxide to sink, and polar ice caps to refreeze. This process has occurred 7 times in Earth's history. Humans may expedite such warming, but volcanoes have long been perpetrators before humans started building factories everywhere.

So please spare us the 'we are all going to die' monologue.
no, I won't spare you anything. it's a free country. this is a win win theory for both sides. it exists, and there is nothing we can do to stop it. it's a bipartisan thread.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:10 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,243,697 times
Uhmmmm. It's impossible to stop global warming because it's part of a NATURAL warming and cooling pattern that has been going on since way before we were around. So stop getting wrapped around the axel about it and spend your time thinking about real problems, like the mess our country is in right now.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Uhmmmm. It's impossible to stop global warming because it's part of a NATURAL warming and cooling pattern that has been going on since way before we were around. So stop getting wrapped around the axel about it and spend your time thinking about real problems, like the mess our country is in right now.
why should I be concerned with the mess we are in now? have you seen the two candidates? the mess is sure to continue.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:36 AM

214 posts, read 287,992 times
Mega Hogs and Shopping Malls: Lobodog

Shopping is the new major addiction and the most important economic activity in America. Selling junk to fill the empty lives of the denizens of the so-called consumer culture has now become our reason for being. Advertisers create your values and reality. This hocus-pocus called marketing science by your academic wizards is a disguised form of sado-masochism. The consumer/sucker is set up for the sale/sting. It’s a quick fix; then the euphoria wears off. The dealer got your money, and you got something you don’t need or want. No wonder people are going broke right and left.

The poor bankrupt consumers/suckers have salt rubbed into their wounds by the wealthy evangelical environmentalist in-crowd who just got rich off the sting. If this is not social and economic S/M, I don’t know what is. Ask any so-called environmentalist “What are you going to do to address the problems in any significant way?” There’s a good chance you will get a blank stare and an indignant frown. The bottom line: the single easiest way one person can help the environment is to live a simple well-ordered life that avoids waste. Now, that flies in the face of our asphalt intellectuals because it undermines their wealth and power.

How can any movement expect to have any credibility when its origins and motives are so questionable? This fake environmentalist movement uses the same logic as Jimmy Swaggart, in church one day and the truck stop the next. Mister C02/ Al Gore drives to his mansion in his SUV, but the yuppies fail to see that inconvenient truth. All this tit for tat about saving the environment is nothing more than a feel-good session for the little children in adult clothes. Tomorrow they hop into the Lexus SUV and head off to the mall. Looks like Mr.& Ms. Low Wage will be stuck with Inconvenient Al’s proposed globule tax on breathing.

Mega cars, mega hogs at mega malls obliterate the landscape into concrete infernos. Looks like a great place to get the green/ $$$ movement underway; maybe Big Al himself will limo up for a personal appearance. As Al in Wonderland follows the white hog, he sees the Cheshire C02 Hedge Fund fade in and out. Yes, after a few puffs from the caterpillar’s hookah, Al was transformed into the Jolly Green Giant. He had a thought, but I will need to see the Queen. The word from the Queen was, “If they want to breathe, they pay the tax. Otherwise, OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!”

Old 06-15-2008, 10:55 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Notice that it will take many billions of years before our sun dies... our planet may or may not be doomed... We WILL colonize other planets before the sun reaches red giant stage ... I am hoping we do find technology to prevent the sun from going nova but it may well be impossible.. I hate bunk science that talks out of the arse about CO2 causing global warming... geez... this people need to get a real education instead of media hype and "faith" belief... next thing you know the Green movement will be a religion with a lot of faithful fanatics... oh wait, its already happened...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies