Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 11:34 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,739,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Just consider the source!
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 02:48 PM

28,937 posts, read 30,297,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Is not on your expense,, they are paying like everybody else...
oh, yes, it is at the expense of the other patrons who have paid, and now are forced to listen to kids who were not taught to behave. that is the expense, parents who don't care about their kids disrupting others.

I don't have any problem with parents and kids, what I have a problem with, is when parents allow their kids to misbehave...now, it's at my expense....and it ruins my evening.

No long before our mom died, we all took her out to dinner. She so loved to go out to eat...and there were high school kids sitting behind us, screaming at the top of their lungs...high school kids....they were getting stares from everyone, including us...we couldn't hear any conversation at all...next time, I will say something to whomever, and if it doesn't work, then I'm going straight to management. It was so bad, we simply ate and left...without ordering dessert and coffee.

I think that is what we have to do from now on...instead of sitting there and taking it, be it in a doctors office, or where ever, we must speak up. My brother in law did....he had the same problem once, when he took mom to the doctor. Kids were running around yelling. He looked at the mother several times, and she did nothing. So, he simply screamed very loudly...."SIT DOWN AND BE QUIET, I'VE GOT A SICK OLD WOMAN HERE WHO DOESN'T NEED TO HEAR YOUR YELLING!!!!". The kids ran over to their mother, and that was the end of it.
Maybe if we're in a movie, we need to start complaining to management...or the same when we go out to eat. Maybe people will start getting embarrassed and get the hint? I don't know what the answer is, but by not saying anything, then, we're enabling the situation, are we not?

Old 08-03-2008, 03:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,299,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Not at my expense, they don't.
I don't believe anyone enjoys screaming kids in a public venue.
Quote:
Is not on your expense,, they are paying like everybody else...
I hope that you’re talking about them paying for my meal then.
Because I won’t put up with your kids screaming and destroying my meal/experience.

So you’re saying that parents can let their kids scream anywhere because they’re paying?
This is interesting thinking. Your kids must be a lot of fun to be around? Many friends?
Do you let your kids scream in church, run up & down the aisles?
Do you let your kids run in grocery stores and pull products from the shelves ?
Do you let your kids scream and run in restaurants?
You’d probably be the first to sue if something happened to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
Yes, it is an inaccurate description. It's crude and used to describe animals, not human beings.
Human beings are animals.

Breeding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
breed - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Main Entry: 1breed
Pronunciation: \ˈbrēd\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): bred \ˈbred\; breed•ing
Etymology: Middle English breden, from Old English brēdan; akin to Old English brōd brood
Date: before 12th century
transitive verb1: to produce (offspring) by hatching or gestation2 a: beget 1 b: produce, engender <despair often breeds violence>3: to propagate (plants or animals) sexually and usually under controlled conditions <bred several strains of corn together to produce a superior variety>4 a: bring up, nurture <born and bred in the country> b: to inculcate by training <breed good manners into one's children>5 a: 4mate 3 b: to mate with : inseminate c: impregnate 26: to produce (a fissionable element) by bombarding a nonfissionable element with neutrons from a radioactive elementintransitive verb1 a: to produce offspring by sexual union b: copulate, mate2: to propagate animals or plants

Old 08-03-2008, 03:15 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,512,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I don't think children should be allowed at movies, or restaurants, until they are of a certain age. nothing more annoying than kids turning pf changs into chuck e. cheese.
There are 21+ movie theatres popping up all over in my area. Thank god! Spend $14+ bux just to have a bunch of kids ruin the night sux.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:19 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,214,723 times
Quote:
I hope that you’re talking about them paying for my meal then.
Because I won’t put up with your kids screaming and destroying my meal/experience.

So you’re saying that parents can let their kids scream anywhere because they’re paying?
This is interesting thinking. Your kids must be a lot of fun to be around? Many friends?
Do you let your kids scream in church, run up & down the aisles?
Do you let your kids run in grocery stores and pull products from the shelves ?
Do you let your kids scream and run in restaurants?
You’d probably be the first to sue if something happened to them.

Human beings are animals.

Breeding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
breed - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Main Entry: 1breed
Pronunciation: \ˈbrēd\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): bred \ˈbred\; breed•ing
Etymology: Middle English breden, from Old English brēdan; akin to Old English brōd brood
Date: before 12th century
transitive verb1: to produce (offspring) by hatching or gestation2 a: beget 1 b: produce, engender <despair often breeds violence>3: to propagate (plants or animals) sexually and usually under controlled conditions <bred several strains of corn together to produce a superior variety>4 a: bring up, nurture <born and bred in the country> b: to inculcate by training <breed good manners into one's children>5 a: 4mate 3 b: to mate with : inseminate c: impregnate 26: to produce (a fissionable element) by bombarding a nonfissionable element with neutrons from a radioactive elementintransitive verb1 a: to produce offspring by sexual union b: copulate, mate2: to propagate animals or plants
I don't think any of the parents who have responded to this thread would allow their children to do any of the things you have described.

Honestly I just have to know, would you walk up to someone who has children and actually refer to them as "breeders" to their face? If not, then why on earth would you do it here. I think most people (by that I mean parents) consider that insulting.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:23 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,496,825 times
oh, yes, it is at the expense of the other patrons who have paid, and now are forced to listen to kids who were not taught to behave. that is the expense, parents who don't care about their kids disrupting others.
Is imposible to teach that to a 2-3 yo kid.. not even a 5 yo.

I don't have any problem with parents and kids, what I have a problem with, is when parents allow their kids to misbehave...now, it's at my expense....and it ruins my evening.
You really dont have kids,, you cant teach that to a toddler, they will always misbehave.. Is part of being a kid,, and no child is perfect and they shouldnt be... If you find a way to theach a 2-3 yo how to behave 24/7 then please tell us, maybe you win a noble price in psychology...

No long before our mom died, we all took her out to dinner. She so loved to go out to eat...and there were high school kids sitting behind us, screaming at the top of their lungs...high school kids....they were getting stares from everyone, including us...we couldn't hear any conversation at all...next time, I will say something to whomever, and if it doesn't work, then I'm going straight to management. It was so bad, we simply ate and left...without ordering dessert and coffee.
First this are teenagers, they should know how to behave.. the OP was not talking about teenagers. that is a different subject...

I think that is what we have to do from now on...instead of sitting there and taking it, be it in a doctors office, or where ever, we must speak up.
So now, childrens cant go to the doctors office,, then you want to be at home 24/7...

My brother in law did....he had the same problem once, when he took mom to the doctor. Kids were running around yelling. He looked at the mother several times, and she did nothing.
They dont have to do nothing,, especially if they were 3-4 yo.

So, he simply screamed very loudly...."SIT DOWN AND BE QUIET, I'VE GOT A SICK OLD WOMAN HERE WHO DOESN'T NEED TO HEAR YOUR YELLING!!!!". The kids ran over to their mother, and that was the end of it.
I would cream back at you.. and said a few colorfull words and say to my childrens please go and run near her... you should first say something like please...

Maybe if we're in a movie, we need to start complaining to management...or the same when we go out to eat.
Usually in the movies they would do something,, but not at rest.

Maybe people will start getting embarrassed and get the hint?
Trust me they wont....

I don't know what the answer is, but by not saying anything, then, we're enabling the situation, are we not?
Is a free country, they can do what ever they want,

Old 08-03-2008, 03:27 PM

I talked about MY breeder status.
Breeding is an apt description. Look at the quiverful people, they are the poster children for humans as breeders.
Breeze said it was inaccurate. It's not an inaccurate description.
Human beings are animals. They are not special, nor are they the only animals on the planet.
I was making a point.

cjma said it was a-ok for kids to behave any way they wanted because they were paying for service.
I posted my initial comment and the response.
My comment was simple enough until cmja responded that inappropriate behavior is a-ok because they're paying.

cjma is again stating that you can't teach kids, and that behaving like animals is a-ok. Aparently cjma is a speshul parent whose kids don't have to follow any rules of behavior anywhere or anytime. Must be a joy to be around.

Parents need to do the job of parenting and raising kids to be productive members of society. Not little hellions.

Last edited by chielgirl; 08-03-2008 at 03:43 PM..

Old 08-03-2008, 03:31 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,279,391 times
Quote:
I talked about MY breeder status.
Breeding is an apt description. Look at the quiverful people, they are the poster children for humans as breeders.
Breeze said it was inaccurate. It's not an inaccurate description.
Human beings are animals. They are not special, nor are they the only animals on the planet.
I was making a point.

cjma said it was a-ok for kids to behave any way they wanted because they were paying for service.
I posted my initial comment and the response.
My comment was simple enough until cmja responded that inappropriate behavior is a-ok because they're paying.

cmja is again stating that you can't teach kids, and that behaving like animals is a-ok. Aparently cmja is a speshul parent whose kids don't have to follow any rules of behavior anywhere or anytime. Must be a joy to be around.

Parents need to do the job of parenting and raising kids to be productive members of society. Not little hellions.
We are all very glad you are not a parent!

Old 08-03-2008, 03:35 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,512,751 times
Quote:
Is imposible to teach that to a 2-3 yo kid.. not even a 5 yo.

You really dont have kids,, you cant teach that to a toddler, they will always misbehave.. Is part of being a kid,, and no child is perfect and they shouldnt be... If you find a way to theach a 2-3 yo how to behave 24/7 then please tell us, maybe you win a noble price in psychology...

First this are teenagers, they should know how to behave.. the OP was not talking about teenagers. that is a different subject...

I think that is what we have to do from now on...instead of sitting there and taking it, be it in a doctors office, or where ever, we must speak up.
So now, childrens cant go to the doctors office,, then you want to be at home 24/7...

My brother in law did....he had the same problem once, when he took mom to the doctor. Kids were running around yelling. He looked at the mother several times, and she did nothing.
They dont have to do nothing,, especially if they were 3-4 yo.

So, he simply screamed very loudly...."SIT DOWN AND BE QUIET, I'VE GOT A SICK OLD WOMAN HERE WHO DOESN'T NEED TO HEAR YOUR YELLING!!!!". The kids ran over to their mother, and that was the end of it.
I would cream back at you.. and said a few colorfull words and say to my childrens please go and run near her... you should first say something like please...

Maybe if we're in a movie, we need to start complaining to management...or the same when we go out to eat.
Usually in the movies they would do something,, but not at rest.

Maybe people will start getting embarrassed and get the hint?
Trust me they wont....

I don't know what the answer is, but by not saying anything, then, we're enabling the situation, are we not?
Is a free country, they can do what ever they want,
If they cannot be trained then DO NOT BRING THEM!! I do not understand this "what ever I will do what I want" attitude. People spend their hard earned money to enjoy an evening out.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:38 PM

greatday, since I filter you, I'm probably missing another personal attack with no substance.
Do I have that right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies