Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 03:38 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,495,064 times

Advertisements

I hope that you’re talking about them paying for my meal then.
No, you mean if I want to go out and eat with my family I have to buy everybody meal?? what is wrong with you.. they have as much as right has you have... is a free country.

Because I won’t put up with your kids screaming and destroying my meal/experience.
Then dont go out to eat...

So you’re saying that parents can let their kids scream anywhere because they’re paying?
Because they are first customers, second is withing their right...

This is interesting thinking. Your kids must be a lot of fun to be around?
Actually is only one kid,, he is 2,, and we go out to eat at least 4 times a week, yesterday we went to a German rest..
We take a portable DVD when my son is getting bored, that way he wont scream or go around running,, but not everybody get one and not everybody cares to get one.. or can get one...

Many friends?
I have a lot of friends, married and not.. with and without kids...

Do you let your kids scream in church, run up & down the aisles?
We dont go to church,, but the House of God is open to everybody including kids..

Do you let your kids run in grocery stores and pull products from the shelves ?
that is normal behavior for any 2-3 yo.

Do you let your kids scream and run in restaurants?
That is normal behavior for any child... but you can minimize it. But they will always scream one or twice.

You’d probably be the first to sue if something happened to them.
Sue if something happened to them??? like what?? If I am along the first thing would be to call my wife(she a pediatrician) then 911, depending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
I don't think any of the parents who have responded to this thread would allow their children to do any of the things you have described.

Honestly I just have to know, would you walk up to someone who has children and actually refer to them as "breeders" to their face? If not, then why on earth would you do it here. I think most people (by that I mean parents) consider that insulting.
Same here,, I would be insulted,,
The reason to live is to have children,, hey if not you wouldnt be here..

Old 08-03-2008, 03:42 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
No, you mean if I want to go out and eat with my family I have to buy everybody meal?? what is wrong with you.. they have as much as right has you have... is a free country.

Because I won’t put up with your kids screaming and destroying my meal/experience.
Then dont go out to eat...

So you’re saying that parents can let their kids scream anywhere because they’re paying?
Because they are first customers, second is withing their right...

This is interesting thinking. Your kids must be a lot of fun to be around?
Actually is only one kid,, he is 2,, and we go out to eat at least 4 times a week, yesterday we went to a German rest..
We take a portable DVD when my son is getting bored, that way he wont scream or go around running,, but not everybody get one and not everybody cares to get one.. or can get one...

Many friends?
I have a lot of friends, married and not.. with and without kids...

We dont go to church,, but the House of God is open to everybody including kids..

that is normal behavior for any 2-3 yo.

That is normal behavior for any child... but you can minimize it. But they will always scream one or twice.

Sue if something happened to them??? like what?? If I am along the first thing would be to call my wife(she a pediatrician) then 911, depending.
If I sat in a movie theatre and began to scream,cry and kick the back of someones seat. What do you think would happen?

EDIT: And when I just paid $20 to watch a movie I don't give a crap about the normal behavior of a child. I want to watch the movie I paid for.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:48 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
As an aside and a "little" off topic:

There is a new Movie Theatre being built here in the Valley (North Scottsdale actually) where the ticket prices will be $80.00 each. The theatre only will hold 100 people. You will have reserved seating. AND, you can have cocktails and dinner served at your seat (dinner before the movie).

Old 08-03-2008, 03:49 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,737,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

This is interesting thinking. Your kids must be a lot of fun to be around? Many friends?

Human beings are animals.

Breeding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
breed - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Main Entry: 1breed
Pronunciation: \ˈbrēd\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): bred \ˈbred\; breed•ing
Etymology: Middle English breden, from Old English brēdan; akin to Old English brōd brood
Date: before 12th century
transitive verb1: to produce (offspring) by hatching or gestation2 a: beget 1 b: produce, engender <despair often breeds violence>3: to propagate (plants or animals) sexually and usually under controlled conditions <bred several strains of corn together to produce a superior variety>4 a: bring up, nurture <born and bred in the country> b: to inculcate by training <breed good manners into one's children>5 a: 4mate 3 b: to mate with : inseminate c: impregnate 26: to produce (a fissionable element) by bombarding a nonfissionable element with neutrons from a radioactive elementintransitive verb1 a: to produce offspring by sexual union b: copulate, mate2: to propagate animals or plants

When I delivered my twins, on our way home from the hospital, we stopped to have breakfast at a local cafe, with our newborn twins, our son who was nearly 5 and our 8 year old daughter. When we went to pay our bill, a kind patron had already paid for us, no doubt that wasn't you! It's been our experience while eating out, that we have always been fortunate enough to be around people who like children.
Remember, you were once a child too.
I guess we are really lucky that we live in a part of the world that likes children. I've never encountered such hatred or intolerance for children as I have reading this board.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

There is a new Movie Theatre being built here in the Valley (North Scottsdale actually) where the ticket prices will be $80.00 each. The theatre only will hold 100 people. You will have reserved seating. AND, you can have cocktails and dinner served at your seat (dinner before the movie).

Wow! Sounds like an awesome time for the kids

Old 08-03-2008, 03:51 PM

cjma said it was a-ok for kids to behave any way they wanted because they were paying for service.
I didnt say that,, they have as much as right as you...
Sure they have to behave, what you have to understand that no child is perfect and he will scream sometimes.. Sometimes we go to a Rest. my kid is perfect eats everything and nevers screams... others he screams once or twice,, then we have play with him(if we are along) or put a DVD player if we are with friends...

I posted my initial comment and the response.
My comment was simple enough until cmja responded that inappropriate behavior is a-ok because they're paying.
I think you are not reading... are you reading????

cmja is again stating that you can't teach kids, and that behaving like animals is a-ok.
It all depends on the age,, you cant teach to behave 24/7 a child... if the kid is 7 or older then yes.. not at 2-3 or even 4....
You just said that humans are animals... so tell me they are animals for your point but cant be animals on mine point, and be carefull, with the borderline comments..

Aparently cmja is a speshul parent whose kids don't have to follow any rules of behavior anywhere or anytime. Must be a joy to be around.
I guess you mean special??? and no we are not special.. and HE BEHAVES LIKE NORMAL 2 YO.

Parents need to do the job of parenting and raising kids to be productive members of society. Not little hellions.
Again if you arent a parrent and clearly you dont even know anything about the subject is better to be quite..

Old 08-03-2008, 03:53 PM

What is with kidless people and the term "speshul"? I really think y'all are a "speshul" group and wish you'd be banned from public places.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
If I sat in a movie theatre and began to scream,cry and kick the back of someones seat. What do you think would happen?

EDIT: And when I just paid $20 to watch a movie I don't give a crap about the normal behavior of a child. I want to watch the movie I paid for.
what age,, if it is a 2-5 YO then I would move to another sit.. if it was older then atleast 7-8 then I would NICELY, ask the parents to please move or stop it...

Old 08-03-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

Do they allow children???
Is it a full course dinner??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies