Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 08:33 PM

136 posts, read 266,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
why don't you two put each other on your respective ignore lists, and end this already!!!!! sheesh
Because I have no issues with our exchange. I like our relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 08:37 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,961,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn's Finest View Post
I didn't know you rolled that way, dude. haha

Old 08-10-2008, 08:41 PM

756 posts, read 1,882,718 times
I've lived in extremely rural and extremely urban areas. There are good and bad with both. Personally, I think the gossip and vindictive behavior in the country runs rampant and actually affects people greatly. That being said, people have more motivation to be nice in the country because you are much more likely to run into the same people than in the city. Only my opinion and personal experience though.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
I didn't know you rolled that way, dude. haha
StuckPA hit the jackpot.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:02 PM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coog78 View Post
I've lived in extremely rural and extremely urban areas. There are good and bad with both. Personally, I think the gossip and vindictive behavior in the country runs rampant and actually affects people greatly. That being said, people have more motivation to be nice in the country because you are much more likely to run into the same people than in the city. Only my opinion and personal experience though.
I've also experienced this in the city as well. Plenty of bad gossips here in Kansas City.

More pretentious, shallow people live in cities than rural areas. But rural people while more down to earth, can also take more time to accept new people than most metro areas.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
StuckPA hit the jackpot.
huh??? I was being sarcastic...and I'm not sure what you mean by this.

anyways, StuckPA I like you fine as a person, but you generalize a little too much, not every city person is the way you describe them...

I've met my fair share of snobs, and gossipy people in rural areas also....though they don't show up as often as they do in the cities, but they're there, and that something you can't deny.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
huh??? I was being sarcastic...and I'm not sure what you mean by this.
I was too. I was implying that he hit the jackpot when he met me, since we "roll that way". I thought you took a shot at my post, which would be fine since I left my self wide open for that.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I was too. I was implying that he hit the jackpot when he met me, since we "roll that way". I thought you took a shot at my post, which would be fine since I left my self wide open for that.
oh ok.....haha, I thought it was a shot toward me. nah, you're cool

Old 08-10-2008, 09:43 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times
Quote:
You being from NY you forgot your "No homo, dog" or are y'all saying something new?

Old 08-10-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFan View Post
You being from NY you forgot your "No homo, dog" or are y'all saying something new?
The "dog" part is used sparingly, but you are right on the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies