Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:30 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc1878 View Post
the mafia, organized crime, etc are all alive and kicking. they'll always be around, they're just smarter about it.
Exactly... everyone on here is saying how the mafia's power has run dry, how they are dying out.... precisely the image they desire. They like to operate behind closed doors, this is just the new generation of the italian/sicilian mob. If anarchy ever breaks loose I know exactly who I will be going to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 11:02 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
They are in Miami, Chicago, las vegas, NJ, NYC, almost anywhere..
for some reason LA never comes to mind...
Sorry yes they do have,
Leader"boss": Peter Milano
Peter Milano certainly is a very wealthy man who has influence but he has nowhere near as much power as Jack Dragna, Mickey Cohen, or John Rosselli did in their times. He doesn't have as much power as mobsters in the eastern US or L.A. mafia figures of the past (like the three men I just mentioned). The L.A. Mafia is oriented towards white collar crimes and business rather than street activity.

The Russians, Chinese, and Armenians are much bigger than the traditional mob in L.A., not to mention that La Eme is acting more and more like a real organized crime network.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:14 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,491,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Peter Milano certainly is a very wealthy man who has influence but he has nowhere near as much power as Jack Dragna, Mickey Cohen, or John Rosselli did in their times. He doesn't have as much power as mobsters in the eastern US or L.A. mafia figures of the past (like the three men I just mentioned). The L.A. Mafia is oriented towards white collar crimes and business rather than street activity.

The Russians, Chinese, and Armenians are much bigger than the traditional mob in L.A., not to mention that La Eme is acting more and more like a real organized crime network.
Well mafia has left the street activity a long time ago.. and in the old days everybody knew who was connected..
Now they went underground.. you dont know who is or who isnt.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:34 AM

1 posts, read 4,931 times
In California we now have the Armenian Mafia,and these are some violent,scary,people that are proud to be gangsters

Old 06-23-2009, 12:35 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,156 times
I hear that the Albanian Mafia is taking over Europe.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:47 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,090 times
The old school Italian mafia was good for America...
It prevented against robbery, rape, and petty crimes.
That was cuz everyone was afraid of being waked!
The FBI screwed that up and now crime is way up!

Old 06-23-2009, 08:41 AM

380 posts, read 709,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
But does does the Italian Mafia really do these days? Control trash collecting in New York like I've heard? The drug routes and shipments into this country are all controlled by the Colombians and Mexicans. Do they control the money laundering activities? I don't ever recall the Mafia being a major threat to public safety. Its Bloods, Crips and MS-13 that make urban America's streets dangerous.
A guy I know that lives a couple towns over from me here in Jersey owns a "waste management company." One time the word mafia came up in a conversation a group of us fellas were having and this is what he said, quote: " wize it dat every Italian guy dat iz inda gahbadge racket goota be inda Mob? Maybe if yooze jerks worried bout yaselfs n yuz own naybahoodz da mob couldnt be dere. But yooze guyz let da mulanyanz ruin ya stuff anya dont dooz nutin bout it." He said that as marinara sauce dripped off his quadruple chin on to his wifebeater t-shirt.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:18 PM

1 posts, read 4,833 times
google your words before posting and of what I see the Mexicans are taking over everything drug cartels mafia I just saw on yahoo some report they made and they took over Colombia Africa and now they are in Malaysia... Google russina Italian not a lot shows. I am Colombian and it's pretty sad to hear who's better no one should be proud. They also busted 2 mexicans and a Colombian in a 747 with more than 50 suitcases full of cocaine.... Now wow that's pretty crazy. Also did you ppl heard about the 550 million dollars found in Mexico city and about 10 luxury cars it has been the world most confiscated money in the world... I hope it all comes to an end in Mexico because having the biggest mafia is something you shouldn't be proud of...

Old 07-21-2009, 10:55 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
They seem to be overhyped because their strongest influence is also in the NYC metro area, America's largest media market. But in most of the country, they have little if any presence.
Well, that's silly. I born and spent a considerable part of my youth growing up in New Orleans and everybody, and I mean everybody new of Carlos Marcello and everyone in the city knew who own and controlled all the illegal slot machines, juke boxes and cigarette machines in the city.

The same would hold true for kids like me that grew up in Kansas City, Chicago, St. Louis, Denver, San Francisco, or Cleveland, just to name a few of the 26 major cities where the mafia ruled crime could tell the same stories.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:26 PM

7 posts, read 21,940 times
Well I have read what people have wrote, long time ago, but I feel that the Old-School still are just
as powerful today as they were yrs. ago, the only difference is the new school never learned to lay low, and so they get most of the credit for all corrupt-form in today's time-- that to me just shows that the Old-School just gets better with time And the new age never learned patients or how to keep quiet, so now tell me Who is smart and who is not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies