Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 10:31 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Wolf Blitzer is in Israel's pocket. Does that count?

I don't think he is. He sure didn't show any favortism towards Israel during the summer war with Lebanon. He is pretty good about keeping objectivity. He is not exactly a "ask good tough questions" kind of journalist. He just plays both sides pretty evenly and safely. He is mediocre, but not biased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 10:34 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
I don't think he is. He sure didn't show any favortism towards Israel during the summer war with Lebanon. He is pretty good about keeping objectivity. He is not exactly a "ask good tough questions" kind of journalist. He just plays both sides pretty evenly and safely. He is mediocre, but not biased.

I would say to you: pay better attention.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:42 PM

630 posts, read 1,295,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
I particularly enjoyed the photo from a couple of years ago showing Israeli children kicking Palestinian adults as they walked along the sidewalk.
good i'd love to see that.

Those who are spouting off on Isreal defending themselves is ridiculous and im not suprised. It is justified because from the beginning of time surrounding countries around isreal have been trying to destroy the country and that is why Isreal has had to be so strong and tough against their enemies. It is the only choice for their survival.

I am thrilled with Isreal, they are awsome and nomatter how low their population, small the country or little the technology they always seem to kick the bullys ass.

go Isreal!!!!

Old 08-12-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie333 View Post

Those who are spouting off on Isreal defending themselves is ridiculous and im not suprised. It is justified because from the beginning of time surrounding countries around isreal have been trying to destroy the country and that is why Isreal has had to be so strong and tough against their enemies. It is the only choice for their survival.

I am thrilled with Isreal, they are awsome and nomatter how low their population, small the country or little the technology they always seem to kick the bullys ass.

go Isreal!!!!

Your ignorance is shocking. Little technology??? Think again. First of all, they receive billions of dollars in U.S. aid. They have one of the most advanced militaries out there. They nuclear weapons for gods sake! And they use their military might to oppression, murder, and occupy the Palestinian territory. Palestinians have no access to the outside world, They are trapped in their own land. Israel has control over the roads, infrasructure and food and water supplies. Its absolutely horrific. They drop bombs all the time on "suspected enemie" which usually end of being innocent civillians woman, and children. TEN TIMES AS MANY PALESTINIANS DIE than israelis. Israeli is committing atrocities every day. They fire machine guns blindly into crowds and buildings. They bulldoze Palestinian homes every day further encroaching upon their territory. Can you blame Palestinians for using suicide bombs as a means to an end? They have nothing else? They are dirt poor, have no hope for the future, and they live in a hell hole full of death, disease, and despair. I've been to Gaza, West Bank, Iraeli, Jordan, Egypt, pretty much every country in the middle east so I am speaking from personal experience and eye witness account to the brutality being purpotrated upon the Palestinians. Its heartbreaking. And its deeply depressing that most of America has no clue what is going on there. There is hardly ever any news coverage. And even when there is, they always seem to be pro-Israel.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:10 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
The Palestinians have a choice to make. Continue to reject the reality of Israel's existence and pledge liberation of Palestine in blood and fire, or accept what may not be their ideal reality but one which will allow them to move beyond their squalid state and join the family of civilized nations.
Um, the Palestinians don't have a state.

That is the problem and will continue to be.

Israel has neither rejected its claim on Palestinian lands, nor rejected its claims on "Greater Israel" (ie the southern part of Turkey near the River Euphrates, all of Syria, Iraq to the River Euphrates, all of Jordan, the northern one-third of Saudi Arabia, and west to the "River of Egypt" which is the Wadi Al-Arish not the Nile).

Old 08-12-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Israel has neither rejected its claim on Palestinian lands, nor rejected its claims on "Greater Israel" (ie the southern part of Turkey near the River Euphrates, all of Syria, Iraq to the River Euphrates, all of Jordan, the northern one-third of Saudi Arabia, and west to the "River of Egypt" which is the Wadi Al-Arish not the Nile).

Palestine has legitimate territory in Gaza and the West Bank. Which is currently being occupied by Israel. Hence the "Occupied Territories" Israel is a disgrace. Of all peoples, its they Israelis who should understand the most what its like to be oppressed. And now they are taking their revenge against the Palestinians. Disgusting!

Old 08-12-2008, 11:28 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
So you dont watch Fox in New Zealand? That's funny because it's broadcast on Prime in the middle of the night, though only for an hour evidently. So you dont get the full pageantry of the Fox experience. That's okay, not much tailoring necessary to my earlier post, since it seems you've picked up the Fox way of looking at the world from somewhere (you werent born with it I hope).

And for a person in New Zealand (you imply that you're a New Zealander), you certainly have picked up the typical Foxian scorn for The New York Times. I take it you dont subscribe, or read it online. So where did you scavenge your informed opinion of the NYT? Just curious, though not that curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Christiane Amanpour's six-hour documentary, "Gods Jewish Warriors" has received millions of $$$ form the Arab Network al jazeera!
CNN once again reveals how much they loathe and hate Jewish and Christian people. CNN is now the voice of the ARAB world as is obvious by all the millions of $$$ they are receiving from arab investors.

It is sad when an American based network tries its best to promote Jew Hating and the hatred of the Christian World!

Please Boycott CNN!!!!!
For showing a different point of view?!

It's astounding that you've absorbed the Fox News-style xenophobic paranoid right-wing message so well that you instantly think that a news network is revealing its true nefarious colors when it broadcasts something other than the American-style right-wing message. And that you would be so well indoctrinated that you'd believe that an international news network would do so either inadvertently or in the form of a coded message, via a multi-million dollar externally-produced six-hour broadcast. (That's also part of paranoid groupthink - "only we can see what's really going on....")

There IS an entire PLANET out there, you know.

How is CNN now "the voice of the Arab world" because it shows a program expressing a point of view that differs from the only one you're comfortable seeing? How is it "trying its best" to promote Jew-hating, etc.?

Television news isn't supposed to have a personality that would "try its best" or not. It's not supposed to have a particular political slant. International networks are liable to show documentaries that give another side of a story! Sorry but that's just the cruelty of life! Perhaps they should have put up a Warning to the Complacent at the top of the show.

Not every news network is set up to tell you what to think, the way Fox does. Not every news network has a single point of view, as Fox does. Not every news network has an agenda, as Fox does.

Is this a revelation? If you absorb only Fox-style right-wing propaganda, I can believe that something like this would be a shock.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:59 AM

hey punckrocker, read some history and for God's sakes please use spell check before you post. Also lay off the redbull and learn to control your emotional posts.

alright now that we've got that settled, i really don't feel the need to explain what i was refering to but i guess in your case "punkrocker" i'll have to, lol.

ok
#1) contrary to your belief, the country Isreal does have little technology developed on its own. Yes your right our country does aid them and that includes our technology that we lend them as well. Compaired to the USA, Russia and other countries Isreal does not have much in that arena.

#2) they do not have the most technologically advanced militaries out there, lol. this is funny but i think you mean they have the toughest and most efficient, and that makes a difference when you do not have the numbers. And nuclear weapons can be had by anyone now days. Just look at... ahum...mmm Iran? yea there you go.

#3) no i cannot immagine or relate to anyone using suicide bombs to protect their country. I guess you do, sense you can relate to them and all. You should go over there and drive a truck into an Isreali home, would that make you feel better???

#4) You visited there as a tourist, you didn't join the military forces over there. You have no idea what is going on there. You visited one time and you think your an expert. Go read some history on this subject and then you might understand my previous post better. You would have a deeper understanding. Your basically stating that you know exactly what is going on by being an observer of actions only. You have no clue about anything that goes on there. Unless you can tell me you have served in the IDF or lived over there in the middle east. I on the other hand know alot of the history on these wars between the entire middle east on Isreal. You are just seeing now that Isreal is finally in a state of triumph for a change.

Oh i forgot to mention, Isreal kicks ass because they are smart; even before the US supported Isreal was holding their own out there. If the Palestinians wanted to be more like Isreal and all their surrounding countries all had an equal oportunity to succeed, and Isreal was the one who actually did. Maybe if the Palestinians stopped blowing themselves up they would have a population big enough to even be in competition with Isreal.

oh and by the way i was never trying to argue with you. I simply had an opinion. Dont let Isreal scare you. Alot of people that are against them because they are simply scared deep down inside that Isreal is so damn small, how can they be so powerful.

Last edited by okie333; 08-13-2008 at 01:51 AM..

Old 08-13-2008, 01:31 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie333 View Post

Here you go:
http://www.doublestandards.org/photo...alestinian.jpg

Old 08-13-2008, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

hahahahaha wow i don't think He meant a physical state, he meant a state of mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies