Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:35 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,677,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
I'm sorry but Israel is the country who is committing the most disgusting acts of oppression and occuption, not the impoverished, imprisoned, and hopeless Palestinians. I have BEEN to Gaza and the West Bank. I have seen it with my own two eyes. I suggest you take a visit to the holy land and see it for what it really is. Nobody in America has clue what the situation is over there. Its hell......
Well, to start I probably would not make assumptions about who the anonymous folks you are speaking with on this forum are, and where they have been.

That you don't seem to a.) be interested in thinking beyond what you see to ask "why, and b.) you seem happy to ignore what I suggested about the natural consequences of having Hamas as your leaders.

Nobody is arguing that it doesn't suck to be a Palestinian. But if all you can see is that and not say, "hold on a minute, maybe this is what happens when you spend 60 years refusing to acknowledge the neighbor has a right to exist and try to kill him" then what is there to talk about?

The Palestinians have a choice to make. Continue to reject the reality of Israel's existence and pledge liberation of Palestine in blood and fire, or accept what may not be their ideal reality but one which will allow them to move beyond their squalid state and join the family of civilized nations.

If they choose the former, they forfeit the right to **** and moan when Israel strikes them and locks the door to keep them out. If they choose the latter, I think they will find a whole bunch of war weary Israelis who would be happy to live side by side if not in peace and harmony then in at least a state of non-beligerence.

But don't blame Israel for putting a fence around Israel and locking the door. the minute it opens the piguim (suicide bombs) start again. That's too high a price to pay for the sake of a people who choose Hamas as their leaders.

And if you truly have been to the West Bank recently as I have, you know it is nothing like Gaza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 09:43 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Well, to start I probably would not make assumptions about who the anonymous folks you are speaking with on this forum are, and where they have been.

That you don't seem to a.) be interested in thinking beyond what you see to ask "why, and b.) you seem happy to ignore what I suggested about the natural consequences of having Hamas as your leaders.

Nobody is arguing that it doesn't suck to be a Palestinian. But if all you can see is that and not say, "hold on a minute, maybe this is what happens when you spend 60 years refusing to acknowledge the neighbor has a right to exist and try to kill him" then what is there to talk about?

The Palestinians have a choice to make. Continue to reject the reality of Israel's existence and pledge liberation of Palestine in blood and fire, or accept what may not be their ideal reality but one which will allow them to move beyond their squalid state and join the family of civilized nations.

If they choose the former, they forfeit the right to **** and moan when Israel strikes them and locks the door to keep them out. If they choose the latter, I think they will find a whole bunch of war weary Israelis who would be happy to live side by side if not in peace and harmony then in at least a state of non-beligerence.

But don't blame Israel for putting a fence around Israel and locking the door. the minute it opens the piguim (suicide bombs) start again. That's too high a price to pay for the sake of a people who choose Hamas as their leaders.

And if you truly have been to the West Bank recently as I have, you know it is nothing like Gaza.

Its amazing the lengths you go to to justify Israels actions. They are in no way, shape or form justified. They are disgusting. Its like you're defending Germany for the holocaust because of the horrible economy in Germany at the time. No matter who Palestine has elected, its no excuse for what Israel has done. Israel has turned into the Gestapo.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Its amazing the lengths you go to to justify Israels actions. They are in no way, shape or form justified. They are disgusting. Its like you're defending Germany for the holocaust because of the horrible economy in Germany at the time. No matter who Palestine has elected, its no excuse for what Israel has done. Israel has turned into the Gestapo.

Your analogy says more about you then you probably realize. To say that the Palestinians electing a group dedicated to the violent destruction of Israel should have no bearing on how the Israelis treat the Palestinians is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever read on the internet. Congratulations.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Your analogy says more about you then you probably realize. To say that the Palestinians electing a group dedicated to the violent destruction of Israel should have no bearing on how the Israelis treat the Palestinians is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever read on the internet. Congratulations.

What do you think the government of Peres and Olmert have been trying to do? Wipe Palestine off the map. The only difference is that Israel is actually accomplishing this goal. Being heavily subsidized by the United States and its huge military and economic prowress you just can't compare the size and might to the Palesitinians. Thats just not going to fly. I've seen the chaos that Israel has made part of daily life in Gaza, and the "Berlin Wall" being built in the West Bank. They have cut off their access to the outside world. Its horrendous. No justification whatsoever. Israel needs to realize that what happened to the Jews under Hitler is happening to Palestinians under them.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:57 PM

350 posts, read 653,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Christiane Amanpour's six-hour documentary, "Gods Jewish Warriors" has received millions of $$$ form the Arab Network al jazeera!
CNN once again reveals how much they loathe and hate Jewish and Christian people. CNN is now the voice of the ARAB world as is obvious by all the millions of $$$ they are receiving from arab investors.

It is sad when an American based network tries its best to promote Jew Hating and the hatred of the Christian World!

Please Boycott CNN!!!!!

Well, Fox is AIPAC's mouthpiece, and has been for years, will you whinge about that?

By the way, Zionist is not the same as Jewish, as many progressive Jews deplore the way Palestinians are being treated by Israel, and evangelical Christians are certainly not the majority of Christians!

Old 08-12-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
Well, Fox is AIPAC's mouthpiece, and has been for years, will you whinge about that?

By the way, Zionist is not the same as Jewish, as many progressive Jews deplore the way Palestinians are being treated by Israel, and evangelical Christians are certainly not the majority of Christians!

That is a very valid point. I have to agree with you on that.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
What do you think the government of Peres and Olmert have been trying to do? Wipe Palestine off the map. The only difference is that Israel is actually accomplishing this goal. Being heavily subsidized by the United States and its huge military and economic prowress you just can't compare the size and might to the Palesitinians. Thats just not going to fly. I've seen the chaos that Israel has made part of daily life in Gaza, and the "Berlin Wall" being built in the West Bank. They have cut off their access to the outside world. Its horrendous. No justification whatsoever. Israel needs to realize that what happened to the Jews under Hitler is happening to Palestinians under them.
Sure, that's right. Israelis have nothing to fear from Hamas. Ok. You seem to carefully ignore my point, which is that the chaos in Gaza is a direct result of choosing Hamas as their leadership. Your lame nazi analogies are meaningless, The Jews were not on an organized campaign to destroy Germany. But facts just really aren't all that important, are they?

Old 08-12-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Sure, that's right. Israelis have nothing to fear from Hamas. Ok.

oh please, do you really want me to start posting pictures of dead palestinian children and babies. arms and legs all over the place. You cannot compare Palestinian acts of violence to Israeli. TEN TIMES AS MANY PALESTINIANS DIE THAN ISRAELIS. There is no justification. Israeli is committing atrocities of unspeakable proportions.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:27 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,463,479 times
Wolf Blitzer is in Israel's pocket. Does that count?

Old 08-12-2008, 10:29 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,463,479 times
Quote:
oh please, do you really want me to start posting pictures of dead palestinian children and babies. arms and legs all over the place. You cannot compare Palestinian acts of violence to Israeli. TEN TIMES AS MANY PALESTINIANS DIE THAN ISRAELIS. There is no justification. Israeli is committing atrocities of unspeakable proportions.

I particularly enjoyed the photo from a couple of years ago showing Israeli children kicking Palestinian adults as they walked along the sidewalk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies