Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 09:29 PM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
If he posed a threat to them fine zap him. I don't see how anyone on the floor is a threat.
I saw a police video last night of a cop with 3 people that crashed a stolen vehicle. They were all on the ground. When the cop walked up, one of them shot and almost killed him.

Your "caretaker" story is bizarre. REALLY bizarre.

Maybe he was walking past the house on his way to donate blood to raise money for the orphanage he volunteered at. While walking by, he noticed this old lady that had fallen on her lawn. He picked her up and carried her in only to have her revive and freak out. When police arrived he was unable to respond to them because he was mute due to an injury he sustained as a 9-11 fireman...that was aggravated when he had to swim in an icy lake to save 3 children.

I bet money the guy has prior arrests and was essentially a crack-head beating on or trying to rape an old lady.

Some pitiful characters in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 09:46 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
--------------

The clubs wouldnt kill him. These tasers seem to be used and abused for the slightest reason.

Why must we pick between beating with clubs or killing with taser ?

And again why believe the police version ?
I see no police version. I see a news story reporting on tidbits they claim to be the facts. I won't know the facts unless I read the police reports and then the Internal Affairs investigation on the case. Then, I will have read the facts.

What version are you going by? Would that be the assumptive conclusions based on nothing more than a personally subjective belief that has absolutely no factual evidence to base its claims on?

Old 08-12-2008, 05:50 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,954 times
I wonder, Luiso, do you have police issues of some sort? You're pretty quick to just assume the cops were lying. I mean, seriously. All cops lie? All the time?

If it's a cop talking, he's lying?

Old 08-12-2008, 06:32 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
I wonder, Luiso, do you have police issues of some sort? You're pretty quick to just assume the cops were lying. I mean, seriously. All cops lie? All the time?

If it's a cop talking, he's lying?
---------------

Yes I believe the citizen over the gang member .
I myself have never even had a parking ticket NEVER will . Matters not if you believe it or not but have friends from the army who had horror stories about treatment they received from police.

I know guys from my old area of PA with run ins also .

They are all black or Hispanic. I believe them . Just looking at the news you can see how out of control the militia is.

Did you see this am news on handcuffed guy being punched over and over in face by cop while other cops did NOTHING .
Thats a gang.

Not to mention most should wear white hoods and sheets stop the BS and acknowledge who they are and where our tax money goes.

Do you know why the OJ jury said not guilty?

Because they are so tired of police abuse,disrespect that they wouldnt put anything past them.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:12 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
---------------

I myself have never even had a parking ticket NEVER will . Matters not if you believe it or not but have friends from the army who had horror stories about treatment they received from police.

They are all black or Hispanic. I believe them . Just looking at the news you can see how out of control the militia is.

Did you see this am news on handcuffed guy being punched over and over in face by cop while other cops did NOTHING .
Thats a gang.

Not to mention most should wear white hoods and sheets stop the BS and acknowledge who they are and where our tax money goes.

Because they are so tired of police abuse,disrespect that they wouldnt put anything past them.
First, you use the logical fallacy of experience relation to commonality. Your experience is not qualified to make a recommendation of occurrence on the topic. That is, you are not an expert in any field to which you might be able to relate experience as qualification. You use common subjective interpetation of random occurrence through relative personal relation as evidence to your claim. That is, gossip is your source. Your evidence based on those incidents are invalid to your conclusion.

Lastly your comment about the OJ jury is of someone who lacks any understanding of the factual aspects of the case and again attempts to take personal subjective assumptive reasoning to claim a conclusive understanding of the verdict. That is, you have no clue of what you are claiming, but you feel like claiming it so it must be right.

I suggest you take the effort to educate yourself on these matters. You might find that the position you hold is based on the same mentality of those who committed great crimes in history by relying on gossip based claims as truth. You might also find that these people were led to commit these crimes because they were easily manipulated, ignorant, and emotional in the claims they encountered.

Or, ignore me and continue on with your ignorant rant. /shrug

Old 08-12-2008, 07:16 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,951,765 times
Quote:
---------------

Thats a gang.

Your less-than-educated view, tainted by the blind ignorance you have for the law enforcement system, leads itself graciously to the moronic statement you provide and illustrate perfectly why criminals think they gain the upper hand in criminal litigations.

To put is simply: your stupid statements show us that you don't think before you talk and base your opinion on one televised beating out of what are probably hundreds of thousands of arrests everyday. That's akin to saying that air travel isn't safe because a plane crash.

Get over it. There are bad cops, but the good far outweigh the bad. If you don't think so, next time someone mugs you/breaks into your house/steals your car... YOU talk to the nice person stabbing you or call your local friendly neighborhood Blood, Crip, or MS-13 societal member to help you out!

Old 08-12-2008, 08:01 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Your less-than-educated view, tainted by the blind ignorance you have for the law enforcement system, leads itself graciously to the moronic statement you provide and illustrate perfectly why criminals think they gain the upper hand in criminal litigations.

To put is simply: your stupid statements show us that you don't think before you talk and base your opinion on one televised beating out of what are probably hundreds of thousands of arrests everyday. That's akin to saying that air travel isn't safe because a plane crash.

Get over it. There are bad cops, but the good far outweigh the bad. If you don't think so, next time someone mugs you/breaks into your house/steals your car... YOU talk to the nice person stabbing you or call your local friendly neighborhood Blood, Crip, or MS-13 societal member to help you out!
---------------
UNLIKE you I dont believe KKKops are angels sent from avove who can do no wrong.

"criminals think they gain the upper hand in criminal litigations"

I subscribe to innocent till proven guilty and the KKKops word means nothing .

Old 08-12-2008, 08:40 AM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
---------------
UNLIKE you I dont believe KKKops are angels sent from avove who can do no wrong.

So, if it turns out this guy is a crack\meth addict with a bunch of priors and toxicology shows he died of a heart defect coupled with meth and a taser jolt...will you pony up or will you say it's all a conspiracy?

I still haven't seen any mention of the suspect or cops race.

I find your KKKops comment odd as a ton of cops in urban areas are actually minorities. Would be funny if the cops involved here were black and the taser victim white.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:41 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,954 times
Quote:
---------------

Oh my God.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:28 AM

Location: Wandering the halls aimlessly...Hello? Is anyone there?
307 posts, read 455,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittySkyfish View Post
Local News: Police in Orange Investigate Death of Man Who Was Tasered | orange, police, death :

So, it sounds like this guy was in the bed at the time he was Tasered. If he was, it could be reasonable to assume that his hands were covered by sheets or blankets.

If so, a hidden hand could hide a gun or a knife.

The police did NOT know what was going with his hands under the covers. They're not mindreaders.

So, why couldn't the cops just grab him? Well, they don't want to be sliced or stabbed, let alone shot. It's safer to subdue them a distance.

I know if I were given the choice, I'd GLADLY be Tazed than shot with a .38 hollow point.
Good point, however most police agencies here in the US now carry 40 cals or 45 cals...theres still some 9mm out there though, but the norm nowadays is a 40 cal.

I could live with tasing someone even if they die as an after effect. Its a wee bit harder to deal with shooting someone, especially if they are unarmed and all they were was non compliant. I've come close three times in my carreer....and each time was a fight for my life. If I had a taser, things would have been drastically different...trust me.

Nonetheless, we cannot arm chair quarterback any Police officer or Law Enforcement and expect to know the frame of mind the officer is in at the very moment he or she chooses to deploy less than lethal force. These are just a few things that a cop has to think about and process in a split second....

Suspects size
Suspects demeanor
Suspects criminal history
Suspects mental capacity
Suspects history of violence
Suspects history of drug use
Suspects actions towards the victim
Any other victims present?
How many times have I been called to this residence and for what?
How do I safely get the victim out of the scenario without getting hurt?
Anything within close proximity to suspect that can be used as a weapon
Suspects statements "I'm gonna kill you or her or him or myself"

Then the officer has to gauge what his or her capabilities are related to the suspect they are dealing with. By that I mean a 120 lb female cop is less likely to go toe to toe with a 250 lb man standing 6 ft tall. Not saying its impossible, but highly improbable.

If you look at this from a reasonable standpoint...
Reasonable Person basically means what a normal and prudent person would do if faced with the same set of circumstances and given the same tools a police officer had at his disposal at the time of incident. I think you would find that a great many "reasonal people" would have shot and killed this individual without giving any forethought to the use of force steps set in place by most police agencies. NO amount of training can tell you when it is the right time for someone to be tased or shot. Ultimately it is up to the officer and the circumstances the officer is in at the time force is deployed. If you've never been there, then you dont know.

Winter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies