Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 09:02 AM

566 posts, read 2,059,235 times

Advertisements

Yes...the arrogant side, some are coming like they are owed things. I find the ones that have come in the last decade or so are wee bit confused in their mentality. Mind you & please I'm not saying they do this on purpose cause they know no better as they, afterall come from a regime that has no incentive to strive - as Castro's idealogy is all they've ever, ever known. So please, don't take the following in a bad way.
From my oberservations, when they get here they think the U.S. government is supposed to take care of them for life, like they have over there and very poorly at that. Then they get here and see the 1st wave of Cubans with all these things - like a house, cars, food, clothes and they feel they are owed. Not only that I've heard some telling the older Cubans that they suffered more, than they did - making them feel guilty when they are not to blame for what happened - like a competition of sort. So, the older 60's Cubans and the ones before that (that have nothing to do w/any of this) have to carry with them, too?? It's like they are carrying a double load which totally seems unfair to me. The first wave had Christian values that these don't even know what religion is and really help them from the kindness of their hearts and most, from what I've heard, end up like enemies never speaking to each other ever again. I feel the newer ones come in and want all the 50 years like NOW - cellphones, dvd players, new cars, the best designer clothes, etc., - they don't realize that the first group had to endure so much pain and sacrifices. Plus, all those material gadgets didn't even exist when the first wave was here. This newer group won't even take 2nd hand anything, it must be new or they are offended - all the while the 1st group that did have everything in Cuba did go out and buy 2nd hand everything. So, why should the first waver's give them anything at all? Anyway, they are not to blame if their parents decided to follow Castro. They should blame their own parents not the relatives/friends here that are only trying to help them and wished they had had some family help cause they unfortunately never had any help from any family here. They were grateful for just being able to live here w/no govt. help cause their pride was more important and didn't want govt help. They would have died to take a penny from any govt. let alone tell anyone they had Medicaid...it was like they had hit rock bottom - which was seen as shameful & demeaning. The stigma attached w/govt. help was too much too bear. Anyhow, to me they are very different....even the way they conduct themselves even if they are docs over there. Again, I can't blame them but I'm having an awfully hard time getting along with them.
Anyhow, I know it seems probably off the wall....but I'm serious for what I'm about to say and of course nothing is going to be done cause I'm a nobody but....
I propose that before they even get their citizenship papers, there should be a strict course on the way of our U.S. life here...if they pass and like it they stay, if they don't or don't like it, then please, please do go back if you can sneak back or maybe any other commie place Don't come here because one want "things" only, come to the U.S. for all the freedom's that our flag promises... not for the "free" in freedom. You are most welcome here, but thank God & the U.S. (& the U.S. families here) - and yes, kiss this U.S. ground for giving you that second chance. Just be grateful, that's all.

Last edited by lulu; 02-03-2007 at 09:41 AM..

Old 02-03-2007, 10:22 AM

942 posts, read 2,584,132 times
Default As always....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu View Post
Yes...the arrogant side, some are coming like they are owed things. I find the ones that have come in the last decade or so are wee bit confused in their mentality. Mind you & please I'm not saying they do this on purpose cause they know no better as they, afterall come from a regime that has no incentive to strive - as Castro's idealogy is all they've ever, ever known. So please, don't take the following in a bad way.
From my oberservations, when they get here they think the U.S. government is supposed to take care of them for life, like they have over there and very poorly at that. Then they get here and see the 1st wave of Cubans with all these things - like a house, cars, food, clothes and they feel they are owed. Not only that I've heard some telling the older Cubans that they suffered more, than they did - making them feel guilty when they are not to blame for what happened - like a competition of sort. So, the older 60's Cubans and the ones before that (that have nothing to do w/any of this) have to carry with them, too?? It's like they are carrying a double load which totally seems unfair to me. The first wave had Christian values that these don't even know what religion is and really help them from the kindness of their hearts and most, from what I've heard, end up like enemies never speaking to each other ever again. I feel the newer ones come in and want all the 50 years like NOW - cellphones, dvd players, new cars, the best designer clothes, etc., - they don't realize that the first group had to endure so much pain and sacrifices. Plus, all those material gadgets didn't even exist when the first wave was here. This newer group won't even take 2nd hand anything, it must be new or they are offended - all the while the 1st group that did have everything in Cuba did go out and buy 2nd hand everything. So, why should the first waver's give them anything at all? Anyway, they are not to blame if their parents decided to follow Castro. They should blame their own parents not the relatives/friends here that are only trying to help them and wished they had had some family help cause they unfortunately never had any help from any family here. They were grateful for just being able to live here w/no govt. help cause their pride was more important and didn't want govt help. They would have died to take a penny from any govt. let alone tell anyone they had Medicaid...it was like they had hit rock bottom - which was seen as shameful & demeaning. The stigma attached w/govt. help was too much too bear. Anyhow, to me they are very different....even the way they conduct themselves even if they are docs over there. Again, I can't blame them but I'm having an awfully hard time getting along with them.
Anyhow, I know it seems probably off the wall....but I'm serious for what I'm about to say and of course nothing is going to be done cause I'm a nobody but....
I propose that before they even get their citizenship papers, there should be a strict course on the way of our U.S. life here...if they pass and like it they stay, if they don't or don't like it, then please, please do go back if you can sneak back or maybe any other commie place Don't come here because one want "things" only, come to the U.S. for all the freedom's that our flag promises... not for the "free" in freedom. You are most welcome here, but thank God & the U.S. (& the U.S. families here) - and yes, kiss this U.S. ground for giving you that second chance. Just be grateful, that's all.

Very well said LuLu,

as I said before my parents NEVER wents back and they as all my family would die for this country. None would die for Cuba, perhaps sad, but true.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:28 AM

89 posts, read 283,069 times
Default Freedom ? What Is That ?

Quote:
LULU, I thank you for your outlook of the cuban situations! very true,I lived here for 45 years and have experience most of them. NOW,on the issue of reasons for the New Wave of cubans and their ideiology see it as the desperate need for material things,something that We did not experience as much before.Most people will tell you that they came because of lack of food, the main necesities in life,all the material things,better or lack of housing,etc,etc. But usually nobody says "FOR FREEDOM" and the reason being that CASTRO'S regime errased the word(feelings) from the dictionary. So they don't know what FREEDOM is or its meaning ,same thing happens with religion,many are either atheist or agnostics,for all this time freedom of religion was banned on the island. So what are we to expect of the New Wave, WE have to be mercifull and compasionate,have a lot of patience and help them educating them in order to integrate in our society. As a whole they are very good people and an asset to any community that welcomes them. Alberto E.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto E View Post
LULU, I thank you for your outlook of the cuban situations! very true,I lived here for 45 years and have experience most of them. NOW,on the issue of reasons for the New Wave of cubans and their ideiology see it as the desperate need for material things,something that We did not experience as much before.Most people will tell you that they came because of lack of food, the main necesities in life,all the material things,better or lack of housing,etc,etc. But usually nobody says "FOR FREEDOM" and the reason being that CASTRO'S regime errased the word(feelings) from the dictionary. So they don't know what FREEDOM is or its meaning ,same thing happens with religion,many are either atheist or agnostics,for all this time freedom of religion was banned on the island. So what are we to expect of the New Wave, WE have to be mercifull and compasionate,have a lot of patience and help them educating them in order to integrate in our society. As a whole they are very good people and an asset to any community that welcomes them. Alberto E.
Albero very eloquently said and also very true.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:25 PM

83 posts, read 326,270 times
Default "Castro is Dead" party.

I hope you understand why they want to party when Castro dies, I am not saying to accept it, but maybe some understanding would be nice. Just like when Al Quida, people celebrated.

I think everyone's post was good.
The party must go on.

People have celebrated death before, this is not a first.
On with the celebration Miami, the demon must and will die!

Old 02-04-2007, 10:38 AM

You know Alberto...
It's truly amazing...the more you guys communicate here, one can sense & feel 'vpcats' strength, 'confused & relocating's' patriotism and your 'compassion' for these people. Talking about compassion, after 50 yrs. of this never ending saga, you still use words like "merciful, compassion, patience and understanding"....this is all like ummm... almost enviable. Too much and most of all, God bless you all for being such a special bunch .

Old 02-06-2007, 07:48 AM

Unhappy Things sometimes are not black and white.....

Quote:
You know Alberto...
It's truly amazing...the more you guys communicate here, one can sense & feel 'vpcats' strength, 'confused & relocating's' patriotism and your 'compassion' for these people. Talking about compassion, after 50 yrs. of this never ending saga, you still use words like "merciful, compassion, patience and understanding"....this is all like ummm... almost enviable. Too much and most of all, God bless you all for being such a special bunch .

Hey LuLu,

thank you for your kind expressing words. Let me add as an outsider looking in to the mishaps of the Cuban people I do feel compassion, pain and a regret that nothing has been done to help these people. As of nothing I mean that my country the USA has let this go on for so long. I get upset with the recent Cubans that come that will not work for minimum wage, when my parents came they were shipped to Chicago by Catholic Charities. They did not know the language, were given used coats and a second hand dinning room set and they were greatful. There was not a Cuban community in Chicago and it was a must to speak English. I was born there and grew up there. I have since lived in Miami for six years and will be moving soon. Not because of demographics but because of high insurance and taxes.

Last night I was watching Oscar Haza (very good spanish program, I hope I spelled his last name right) its kinda like a commentary newspaper program. He had a German person on that had made a documentary on Cuba. I cried through the whole show. It is sad what they are going through. This documentary will be subtitled in many languages. Information on documentary is www.ruings.de (broken link) I beleive it will be shown at TOWER theatre in April but can also be preordered. I highly recommend it, especially that it is made from another point of view.

I know this is a touchy subject but look at what our goverment does example: Luis Posada Carilles (hope I spelled that right) was trained during Bay of Pigs (on American soil) by the US goverment and now is being jailed in the US at 80 years old as a terrorist for trying to get back at the Cuban goverment. This man is almost dying and is being held in shackles around feet and get this his neck. Not to mention that under our laws he should have been released because I beleive they cannot charge him because of lack of evidence and has been held too long. (IF I am wrong please let me know) Humane??? No!!

To all of those that want Cubans to remain in Cuba and go back so this can once agian become the Everglades I say stop underminding Cubans that are strategically trying to get there country back. Most of these men were trained by the US goverment.

Agian, thank you LuLu for your compassion and understanding.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:19 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Hey Confused.. HI.
Hope you're not moving back to Chicago or any of those cold, cold, colddddd states. They're dangerous!

Anyhow, yes you're correct about all this stuff and I just wanted to add that there are many funded programs, organizations, and what have you, that have been hard at work planning strategically for when the day finally comes. I am not referring to the bla, bla, bla lunatics who hang out in front of Versailles. These are people in power, from many walks of life, with many degrees and experience and it is not any one group's doing. There is a tremendous amount of brainstorming going on and tangible and concrete plans are on the table and ready for implementation. All this will be very real one day soon.

I'm not a politician nor do I plan to ever get into any of it. I hate politics but, yeah, like I've said before, we butt into everywhere else yet gave Cuba to the wolves. Maybe because I was born there and have heard about it all my life, I feel really cheated that we have let this monster fester for so long.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:28 AM

But of course I watched the show! My husbands coworker told him about it and I couldn't wait to sneak in and watch the German's work.
To think Castro has/is always warning Cuba's people of the U.S. intent to attack, to keep them on their defensive toes, but yet he managed to make it look like a war torn city all on his own. A ruined city, full of ruins...truly sad.
Yes, it's sad that CIA trained Carilles is in shackles...and what worries me is fact that "they" are here amongst us in Miami and it seems most can't tell the difference. Already 2 professors were kicked out as spys at our local university and now this leftist youth group there instigating/saying such unfair and hurtful things handing out stuff about Che, etc. (how 'bout the N.Y.library selling the Che watches awhile back?)...I'm all for free speech and all, but I'd like to see the Cubans have that right, too - why don't they move over there? Instead of getting a kick of hurting wounded humans w/a grin on their faces. Well, the end result is that the leftist are getting away w/just about everything, even here in Miami. I'm just amazed more people are not interested in this cancer that is spreading throughout the America's. Might seem far to some, but reality is... it's too close for comfort. All of this is really scary to me.
To read more about the leftist youth group report, go to the Miami herald... and type:
Young Miami leftists meet tough crowds

Last edited by lulu; 02-06-2007 at 09:58 AM..

Old 02-07-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Hope your right VPCats

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Hey Confused.. HI.
Hope you're not moving back to Chicago or any of those cold, cold, colddddd states. They're dangerous!

Anyhow, yes you're correct about all this stuff and I just wanted to add that there are many funded programs, organizations, and what have you, that have been hard at work planning strategically for when the day finally comes. I am not referring to the bla, bla, bla lunatics who hang out in front of Versailles. These are people in power, from many walks of life, with many degrees and experience and it is not any one group's doing. There is a tremendous amount of brainstorming going on and tangible and concrete plans are on the table and ready for implementation. All this will be very real one day soon.

I'm not a politician nor do I plan to ever get into any of it. I hate politics but, yeah, like I've said before, we butt into everywhere else yet gave Cuba to the wolves. Maybe because I was born there and have heard about it all my life, I feel really cheated that we have let this monster fester for so long.

Definately not moving back to Chicago, wat too cold. I was there three weeks ago and it was only eight degrees and I definately felt the chill in my bones. To think I use to wait for the metro rail and el train in seventy BELOW weather!!!

I have heard of all the brainstorming being done by the powers above, about the restructure of Cuba however, I am sure that when the time comes, the Cubans (in the US) will be restrained and only corporate America will be allowed to do the restructurizing...than the US will want to take an active roll. This is just my perception...I hope Im wrong. But history proves otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies