Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 07:41 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
The most twisted logic is in this post.

I am a liberal and don't have beliefs anything like these.
Neocons say that Liberals hate America

Well I say the Neocons hate Americans

Old 09-08-2008, 02:23 AM

37 posts, read 65,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
The most twisted logic is in this post.

I am a liberal and don't have beliefs anything like these.
Totally get what you are saying Sunil's Dad. I actually did a post replying to everyone of those accusations & my views yet just like my pro choice vs anti abortion debate I put forth it is avoided like the plague because we have intelligence & wit when it comes to our points of view where as conservatives only know how to quote the bible or other conserves. It's all the same repetitive replies because god says so or quote Corinthian 1:4:5:9:10.
They don't like it when liberals step up & say well actually what you are imply about the way we think is not entirely correct it's like oh crap well how do we reply to that? We either pick apart a post & add out quotes or God says so replies where we can throw them in & the rest of the paragraph or sentence is missing making it totally not what you said in the first place or they pretend it is invisible cause it makes too much sense for them to fathom it & heaven forbid they actually agree with something we say even if deep down inside they know they do.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:43 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
First and foremost, evolution is not a religion but christianity is and if you can't accept that small fact then there's no hope for you at all.
Like creationism, evolution must be taken on faith, and to those who believe in it, they live their lives in accordance to that belief.
Quote:
Cogent arguments? Responses like "please " are not exactly "cogent"
Of course not. You're being petty.

An occasional quick response such as, "oh, please", is not inteded to be an argument. It means that the previous comment is not worthy of a response because it is either trite, completely ridiculous, or just plain silly. You know that as well as I do.

Quote:
But you're willing to accept creationism as fact with no basis for it?
I don't believe I ever said it was fact; what I have always said is that there is more evidence for intelligent design (a Creator) than there is for evolution. Further, there is a basis for it, but evolutionists don't choose to recognize it.

Quote:
Yes you have made a lot of personal attacks, very typical of a fundie who wants to shove his RELIGION in other people's faces.
I have not made personal attacks, and I try to be civil.

But you make personal attacks, such as calling me a "fundie" which is a derogatory term inteded to marginalize me and belittle my faith. You know it, and I know it.
Quote:
Frankly I don't give a rip where you spend your sundays
Then why did you ask me if I shouldn't be in church? That was really another personal attack, again inteded to belittle.

Quote:
...or any day for that matter all I know is you spend most your day hiding behind your computer spewing out the same nonsense day after day.
Go out and actually learn something about science and with it evolution (hint look in an actual peer reviewed book with evident and not some fairytale story like the bible) or else change your username.
That's it, attack my education. That's what you liberals always do when you can't come up with anything better. Tell the person they need to get educated.

What you mean is get an education like yours, liberal, so that I conform to your way of thinking.

Quote:
I am done with these fundie idiots.
And there we have another personal attack. "Fundies" are idiots.

You liberals are so full of hate and vitriol.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potstirrer View Post
Totally get what you are saying Sunil's Dad. I actually did a post replying to everyone of those accusations & my views yet just like my pro choice vs anti abortion debate I put forth it is avoided like the plague because we have intelligence & wit when it comes to our points of view where as conservatives only know how to quote the bible or other conserves. It's all the same repetitive replies because god says so or quote Corinthian 1:4:5:9:10.
They don't like it when liberals step up & say well actually what you are imply about the way we think is not entirely correct it's like oh crap well how do we reply to that? We either pick apart a post & add out quotes or God says so replies where we can throw them in & the rest of the paragraph or sentence is missing making it totally not what you said in the first place or they pretend it is invisible cause it makes too much sense for them to fathom it & heaven forbid they actually agree with something we say even if deep down inside they know they do.
Well, thank you. I guess I don't need to respond to any of your posts again. I explained to you why I respond the way I do. It is much easier to respond to specific points, and not miss something. Everyone does it.

But for you, I just won't bother.

Goodness, such whining!

Old 09-08-2008, 07:48 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Like creationism, evolution must be taken on faith, and to those who believe in it, they live their lives in accordance to that belief.
Only problem is, evolution has plenty of hard evidence. Which is why it's a scientific theory.

Quote:
I don't believe I ever said it was fact; what I have always said is that there is more evidence for intelligent design (a Creator) than there is for evolution. Further, there is a basis for it, but evolutionists don't choose to recognize it.
Outside of the bible, please give me any and all hard evidence (observable evidence, like we have for evolution) for creation.

Quote:
But you make personal attacks, such as calling me a "fundie" which is a derogatory term inteded to marginalize me and belittle my faith. You know it, and I know it.
Not to delve on this topic (which has nothing to do with anything) much further, but you yourself have insulted many people, including myself. By ridiculing their beliefs, and calling them pathetic.

Quote:
You liberals are so full of hate and vitriol.
I don't hate anyone. In fact, it's impossible for me to fully hate a person. I just disagree with many people.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:26 AM

37 posts, read 65,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, thank you. I guess I don't need to respond to any of your posts again. I explained to you why I respond the way I do. It is much easier to respond to specific points, and not miss something. Everyone does it.

But for you, I just won't bother.

Goodness, such whining!
No not whining at all just stating a fact that all conservatives in general not just you never come up with any valid or real points or views. I have put forth a post to enact a real debate with real & valid points & views. However you just proved what I previously said to be right with that post.
Oh I won't bother responding to any of your posts again I hate to say it but that doesn't make me sound like the one whining. I would like tp have an intelligent debate. Come on prove me wrong prove to me & other liberals that you can actually debate an issue & put forth your own values & opinions without quoting the bible or taking the typical fundie approach & calling us uneducated or hypocrites or whatever else you can pull out of your ass in an attempt to make us feel like we are a lesser person then you are (trust me when I say it never work in fact the exact opposite happens) & make you feel like you have actually won that round.
For once can somebody have the balls to stand up for their rights & give me an educated response instead of turning a blind eye & pretending that liberal views don't exist because they don't comply with your way of thinking.

As for your everyone does it comment yes they do but they take the whole quote/ point & reply to it then take the next & so on & so forth. What you do is take a a few words or if your lucky a sentence & then respond to that. For example I could write The white cat fell down the chimney & collected soot on the way & when it reached the bottom it was a black cat from the soot that had soaked into it's fur. You would then go:
Quote:
it was a black cat
no it wasn't it was white cat cause god said so. It was written in the bible in Corinthian 1:5:3:7.
Where as the everybody else who does it would go:
Quote:
The white cat fell down the chimney & collected soot on the way & when it reached the bottom it was a black cat from the soot that had soaked into it's fur.
Wow I wondered how it went from being a white cat to a black cat thanks for the detailed information.

Maybe now you will get what I meant by my statement! I seriously doubt it though!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:44 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Only problem is, evolution has plenty of hard evidence. Which is why it's a scientific theory.

Outside of the bible, please give me any and all hard evidence (observable evidence, like we have for evolution) for creation.

Not to delve on this topic (which has nothing to do with anything) much further, but you yourself have insulted many people, including myself. By ridiculing their beliefs, and calling them pathetic.

I don't hate anyone. In fact, it's impossible for me to fully hate a person. I just disagree with many people.
I guess if they can get me a microcope and show me how creationism is valid, Ill be the first to jump on the bandwagon.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:30 PM

5 posts, read 6,486 times
Default Thoughtful of all things

if i am not mistaken pro guns is a republican thing. just as they are pro life. you cannot be both. guns are so available in our country they definitely do kill people. they want the right to bare arms so they can protect their THINGS.
should we not look at why people think they need to kill? why rich people think it is okay to have all of their things when most of america can barely afford to eat or fill their gas tanks so they can work to earn an income that causes them to barely get by?

Last edited by THOUGHTFUL OF ALL THINGS; 09-08-2008 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 09-08-2008, 02:41 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THOUGHTFUL OF ALL THINGS View Post
if i am not mistaken pro guns is a republican thing. just as they are pro life. you cannot be both. guns are so available in our country they definitely do kill people. they want the right to bare arms so they can protect their THINGS.
should we not look at why people think they need to kill? why rich people think it is okay to have all of their things when most of america can barely afford to eat or fill their gas tanks so they can work to earn an income that causes them to barely get by?

Lethal Laws

Old 09-08-2008, 03:02 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,712,700 times
I see that nobody's talking about virgin births anymore. I should point out that I gave references to multiple religions with "resurrections" too.

Stories tend to repeat themselves throughout history and across cultures. That's what they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies