Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:11 AM

959 posts, read 1,825,112 times

Advertisements

I do have a serious question for those who seemed just disgusted about what CEO's of companies make. Do you feel the same about actor/actresses and sports people? I mean, some of these people are making 20 million PER FILM.

Kristine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
I do have a serious question for those who seemed just disgusted about what CEO's of companies make. Do you feel the same about actor/actresses and sports people? I mean, some of these people are making 20 million PER FILM.

Kristine
If these people are doing good w/their money, such as giving to charity, then no. However, how many of those CEO's do YOU think are charitable?

Old 10-22-2008, 09:22 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,721,161 times
Of course not... actors/actresses are the liberal versions of CEOs... The only slight difference between the two is that CEOs provide jobs, provide tangible product, play part in the economy and they outright "steal" your money according to some. Actors/Actresses on the other hand don't provide jobs, provide "entertainment", don't really do much for the economy and instead of jumping their victims they sucker them out of their money.

I make it my goal to avoid paying for entertainment... I don't pay for movies or music (most of the time) and I only go to the dollar theater. I would rather give my money to Joe the plumber or Henry the CEO.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:24 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,721,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
If these people are doing good w/their money, such as giving to charity, then no. However, how many of those CEO's do YOU think are charitable?
Please... you buy into that charity crap? The bulk of that is just off hours acting for them... not all of them but most. CEOs don't need to be charitable... they provide jobs and real product, it's not the duty of businesses to give handouts.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post

I did not ask about how they spend their money, I asked about how much they make. So it is OK for people to make money as long as they use it the way YOU think they should?

Kristine

Old 10-22-2008, 09:32 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,850,084 times
The CEO's make nothing, Their employees do all the work and they get all the credit and money.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Please... you buy into that charity crap? The bulk of that is just off hours acting for them... not all of them but most. CEOs don't need to be charitable... they provide jobs and real product, it's not the duty of businesses to give handouts.
Pessimism, it's a wonderful thing

Old 10-22-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The CEO's make nothing, Their employees do all the work and they get all the credit and money.

Ha Ha! Clearly you have never worked even NEAR a CEO. I work for one and he works his BUTT off. Bitter much?

Kristine

Old 10-22-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
I did not ask about how they spend their money, I asked about how much they make. So it is OK for people to make money as long as they use it the way YOU think they should?

Kristine
Hmm, let me think about that. As I said before, I have no problem w/people making money when they actually use their money for good.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Ha Ha! Clearly you have never worked even NEAR a CEO. I work for one and he works his BUTT off. Bitter much?

Kristine
So you ask a question & then jump on our response. Interesting when some of the posters on here do that. The question seems innocent enough, but it's obviously a loaded question. You prefer to see posts that agree w/your mindset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies