Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:56 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times

Advertisements

Religious people are perfectly free to follow the dictates of their own consciences. Those who hear a command from God are free to follow it. Nobody asks that anyone use any method of birth control or obtain any abortion that goes against personal beliefs or convictions. Your rights of religious free exercise, however, are individual rights. They stop at the tips of your fingers. You may not reach out and touch someone with those beliefs, and you most particularly may not use the agency of the state to compel people not convinced of your beliefs to behave as if they were. Such dominion as you may believe God has given you over all the earth does not extend to the hearts and minds of other men. Know the place that has been prepared by Him for you, and keep to it, never trespassing upon the place that has been prepared by Him for others.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:59 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,040,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
And me having abortions affects you how? It doesn't, not to mention it is NONE of your damn business what i do with MY body.

Oh, but if i went on welfare to keep this baby and taxpayers had to give me handouts you would be bitching and moaning about how you have to foot the bill for irresponsible people getting knocked up.

SO which is it. Because this isn't fairyland and people who shouldn't have kids will KEEP having them, and people will still be having abortions to keep from being the stupid people have children who can't afford them.

OH wait, or are you planning on adopting all the kids that I will be giving away since I cannot have my abortions- keep in mind i am a heavy alcoholic or drug addict or mentally unstable so these traits WILL pass on to my baby. HAVE FUN with that one.

My hats off to women who have abortions because either they are not ready to be parents *because this is where child abuse comes from- people who should NOT have had the kid* or becuase they cannot afford a child and don't want to burden the taxpayers of America.

THANK YOU
Have as many as you want, charge 10 cents a head for viewing!

Old 11-04-2008, 04:35 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,734,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Just continue making it less than what it is if it floats your boat. How profoundly sad.
Unless you're renting out your uterus to people who do not want to carry a pregnancy to term, YOU are the one that is profoundly sad and hypocritical.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:14 AM

97 posts, read 124,061 times
why is it so hard to understand that when you have sex, the outcome is that a pregnancy occures. and unless some one is putting a gun to your head to do it, you need to be responsible. the use of a condom is basicly robbing a bank without a gun vs robbing a bank with a gun, you are still robbing a bank.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:22 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,734,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanufacturing View Post
why is it so hard to understand that when you have sex, the outcome is that a pregnancy occures. and unless some one is putting a gun to your head to do it, you need to be responsible. the use of a condom is basicly robbing a bank without a gun vs robbing a bank with a gun, you are still robbing a bank.
Because unlike the lesser animals, humans have sex for procreation AND for pleasure.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:30 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times
Quote:
why is it so hard to understand that when you have sex, the outcome is that a pregnancy occures. and unless some one is putting a gun to your head to do it, you need to be responsible.
Responsibility is what pro-lifers wish to discourage. You simply want women confronted by an unintended pregnancy to do what they are told. By you. The last thing you want is for free and independent women to take personal responsibility for their situations. After all, some 40% of those in this particular situation will, after due reflection and consideration, take such responsibility by personally obtaining an abortion. Can't have that, can we...

Old 11-04-2008, 07:39 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,912,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Who speaks for the baby?
The mother ! the same person who can deny Life support !

Old 11-04-2008, 09:54 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

I guess some people --Joe Biden and Barrack Obama for example -- don't like that part of the Declaration of Independence.

What the hell does that have to do with abortion. ALL MEN? Fetus's arent men. Good GOD- life begins when this little thing can survive without me- 26 weeks or so? Until then, it is floating in space inside my womb, but not ALIVE.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:56 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Quote:
Not all birth control methods are 100%.

Accidents happen.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:07 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Responsibility is what pro-lifers wish to discourage. You simply want women confronted by an unintended pregnancy to do what they are told. By you. The last thing you want is for free and independent women to take personal responsibility for their situations. After all, some 40% of those in this particular situation will, after due reflection and consideration, take such responsibility by personally obtaining an abortion. Can't have that, can we...
Seems MEN & BOYS are the majority of people fighting abortion; they are afraid of women and feel a need to control them. Such desires usually stem from male insecurity and radical biblical indoctrination; there's no way we can allow this to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies