Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2008, 08:54 AM

952 posts, read 3,706,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
LOL! I answered you and then asked you a question that you did not answer. See post #251.

No, my daughter wouldn't want her fathers baby.

You are a twisted person. I hope you don't have or ever will have a daughter.

I'm done with you.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:06 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,970 times
hi "Redwine"; my position exactly, how can anyone judge other people and their reasons for having such a procedure....and I should have been more clear when I said a difficult decision, I did not clarify what I meant; my decision to do have my daughter helped is what I would do...I don't know if I would tell her, at least not at that point and time, what was being done to her other than a medical procedure...as I have previously stated, I think there is such stigma attached to the term itself: abortion...that to tell someone they were having one would be additional anguish; however if we take that word of the sentence and say 'medical procedure' I think that is kinder and certainly far less stigmatized.

And, on an aside, my friend's child who was raped, by her father; yes, he did go to prison...and she had that child because the belief was not pro-choice...this is now years later and there is a great deal of regret by the mom for making that decision because of the long-lasting emotional issues all parties have been dealing with.....there is not a great deal of joy in that household because of it..

Thus, I think before one makes any judgment, decision or assumption on how someone else should live or make a decision that can and may well affect others for the rest of their lives.......my suggestion is don't add fuel to a fire especially when you don't even know its cause .....

Old 11-03-2008, 09:08 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,611,970 times
Meh, the abortion issue is such a boring little religious spat I can hardly believe people spend so much energy on it. Why is it human beings believe they are so special? Most of them are not any more noble or unique than a dog or ape. We routinely put excess dogs and cats to sleep for far less rational reasons than we abort a fetus. Human beings are not being threatened with extinction, we probably have 10,000 times more of us than is necessary on this planet, so it's not like we need to produce more.

This is just a narcissistic problem created by a patriarchal mythology. People want to procreate in order to carry on their genes or bloodline. That's fine, go procreate. Breed on you breeders, if that's what you are good for. For myself, I'm totally disppointed that I have entered into a discussion of the subject of abortion.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:38 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
Meh, the abortion issue is such a boring little religious spat I can hardly believe people spend so much energy on it. Why is it human beings believe they are so special? Most of them are not any more noble or unique than a dog or ape. We routinely put excess dogs and cats to sleep for far less rational reasons than we abort a fetus. Human beings are not being threatened with extinction, we probably have 10,000 times more of us than is necessary on this planet, so it's not like we need to produce more.

This is just a narcissistic problem created by a patriarchal mythology. People want to procreate in order to carry on their genes or bloodline. That's fine, go procreate. Breed on you breeders, if that's what you are good for. For myself, I'm totally disppointed that I have entered into a discussion of the subject of abortion.
Truth! And none of these anti abortion posters would be willing to adopt an orphan baby from India or Africa. There so many unwanted and poorly cared for children all over the world, why bring more babies into it?

In addition, not every fertilized human egg is healthy and viable. And even with all the money and modern medicine at our disposal, there are thousands of human babies prduced with congenital birth defects that will never lead full and normal independent lives.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:50 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
...my suggestion is don't add fuel to a fire especially when you don't even know its cause .....
And a helpful suggestion it is, too. The problem with the pro-life answer isn't that it's not right for some. It is. But they wish for it to be a one-size-fits-all answer that must be right for all. It isn't. Once one is trapped in the tiger pit of an unwanted pregnancy, there are no good ways out. It is not so important which of the available options is chosen as that the woman involved be given the time, space, resources, and (as she seeks it) counsel, to be sure that whatever choice she makes. it is the one that can, all things considered, be seen today as the best decision that could have been made under the circumstances. That is the only one that can be looked back upon in the same way from the vantage point of many days to come. It is those who can look back and know that the choice they made was the right one for them at the time who win at this game. Regardless of what path they may actually have followed...

Old 11-03-2008, 09:55 AM

973 posts, read 2,229,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdistheWord View Post
Any man who thinks his opinion on this issue matters should be punched in the face.
I'm a man and I fully believe everyone should have the right of choice when it comes to their body and the future of their lives. If someone else wants an abortion because it's the right path in their life, I'm not going to tell them no. So does my opinion not matter?

Old 11-03-2008, 10:28 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I would love to comment .....BUT ....as a male, I have no standing in the abortion discussion.......tain't a mans business what a woman does with her body.....
Doing with her body? If she chooses abortion, she's murdering an innocent human being.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:34 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Doing with her body? If she chooses abortion, she's murdering an innocent human being.
If she chooses LEGAL ABORTION she is exercising her right to rid her body of unwanted parasitical tissue. It isn't a human being yet -- that's what later term abortion laws exist to cover. It's got the potential to be so, sure, but so does every single cell in your body if you think about it. You going to prohibit people from cutting their fingernails or scratching an itch? OMG they just killed a million human beings when they scratched that tickle...

If you are against abortion, then do one of two things -- either make sure you're never the cause of one, or pay someone to produce a child that they'd otherwise abort. Yes, PAY THEM. Pay their medical bills, pay their living expenses while they are preggers and recovering, and then adopt that kid. When you get the urge to start kvetching about it again, then adopt another one. Otherwise...it's the woman's decision what she's going to do.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:07 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
No, my daughter wouldn't want her fathers baby.

You are a twisted person. I hope you don't have or ever will have a daughter.

I'm done with you.
You misunderstood or misread, maybe intentionally. Either way you were unnecessarily rude and hateful. Not classy.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:12 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
An innocent "human being" that won't live without the support of the woman's body anyway? No, that is a fetus. Don't make it more than what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies