Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 03:35 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No, you watched 52% of a nation do that today. Sadly they're taking the other 48% with them.

SO true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 04:08 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times

I've suspected after many things came out during this campaign that he's just a puppet. What a great image of him to depict that--with all the little flag strings and all.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:41 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
  • Unjust war — Since when is it "unjust" to defend our country after an attack?

When you invade/occupy a country that had NOTHING to do with the attack on your country.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:49 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,863,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
Oh well, bunker down. You may every have to endure National Healthcare and peace.

God bless America.
Who pays for that "free" National Healthcare? We do with much higher taxes.
Ever see how most of those National Healthcare systems really work? I have, no thanks.

Want to see how one of those "great" systems work and are funded? Look to our Northern border and look at Canada's system. I don't want that mess over here. Ever live in a border town and work at a hospital? Yep you guessed it, full of Canadians getting their healthcare over here and paying for it out of pocket. Then half the staff is Canadian, both Doctors and nurses because there isn't jobs for them over "home" and even if there are, it is lower pay. Do you REALLY want double digit sales taxes at both local AND federal levels to fund the mess that is their healthcare system? I don't look forward to it at all. I have lived in those towns and seen it in action.

It will be 4 years of slapping social programs out and raising taxes. Ever actually READ his platform? Just where does he expect to get the BILLIONS of dollars to fund his promises he proposed? By lowering taxes like he says? even the most simple of minds can figure out that isn't how you raise billions of dollars for the Government coffers. The only way to do that is to tax the people, and the more money you want, the higher the taxes have to be.

Thanks you bleeding heart liberals! You just screwed those of us who feel if you want something you need to work for it, not stick your hand out to big brother and he will take it from those who work and give it to those too damn lazy to get off their butts.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:21 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,003,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
It is a sick feeling to realize that our Nation just headed down a course that we may never ever make it back from.!

We've spend the last 8 years heading down a road we will never get back from. But at least, you can now blame Obama for not getting us back from where we can never get back from.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:28 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,863,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
We've spend the last 8 years heading down a road we will never get back from. But at least, you can now blame Obama for not getting us back from where we can never get back from.
Oh, no. I'm not going to blame Obama for Bushes idiotic Presidency and his "Presidential legacy" he is leaving for others to try and clean up. I may be Republican leaning, but I'm not a blind idiot who cannot see the mess 8 years of stupidity has left us in. We as a Country didn't have a chance this election really. On one hand we had the Republican "PC" offering of more of the same but maybe a little more moderate, and on the other hand the Democrats "PC" offering of inexperience and high ideals with no real plan on how to implement them. We were screwed on either ballot choice.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:30 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Now let's work to take America back.

Viva La Revolucion!

Old 11-05-2008, 06:39 AM

703 posts, read 855,924 times
Tonight, real patriots took their country back from zealots who think Democracy can be had at the point of a gun. The same people who think it's funny to shoot a child for kicking over a McCain sign. These people are sick, they have a mind virus, and we must ensure they never, ever makes it into the top office of our great country again.

The zealots had 8 years to do SOMETHING, and they did nothing but divide us, leech money out of our treasury, and kill our young people in a shameful war.

Never got Bin Laden. Couldn't negotiate peace between Sunni and Shiite, it took a Finn to do that for us. What a dishonorable war, worse than Vietnam, where I lost my Marine father.

Turned Iraq "into a quagmire" (Dick Cheney's own words in 1993 when he warned against invading Iraq). Funny how he changed his mind when Halliburton stood to make some money, reprehensible PIG that he is.

We are taking our country back.

Join or get out of the way.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:40 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,146,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
It is a sick feeling to realize that our Nation just headed down a course that we may never ever make it back from. Like sheep to slaughter, the masses came out and voted out of ignorance, greed and selfishness to send our country down a path that we will probably never return.
Now is a time for us to hit our knees in prayer and to draw close to our families and loved ones.
God help us!
If by this you mean to say that now we can all share in the wealth, all get medical help when needed, all are now looking to much briter future. And most of all, seeing peace on the horizon and our kids coming home safe and sound. Then YES ! Thank you for the complement, especially when comparing it to the last 8 years with the morons we were all stuck with.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:42 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Ever read a report about somebody shooting themselves while "cleaning" a gun and think to yourself "How on Earth could anybody be that damn stupid?" Well I just watched an entire nation do that to themselves tonight. Let's just hope those that pulled the trigger shot us in the foot and not the head.

That's exactly how I felt when people re-elected Bush but we "got shot in the head". And look at the mess we are in now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies