Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 08:51 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Yes I am a kook. Interestingly, much can be learned from many of the theories out there, because most have some very enlightening pieces of truth within them.
Lies are the supplementation of small carefully placed truths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 09:01 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
If you don't know how easily a reality can be manufactured, conspiracy theories go in one ear and out the other. If you're smart, you'll appreciate how if you think a certain way, you manifest that thought. It's that simple. Now if we could only control our thoughts to create exactly what we want instead of allowing other thoughts to interfere and change the outcome, then we'd be better prepared to determine the truthfulness out of all these distractions. Look about you--practically everything is designed to impregnate your mind with certain thoughts, to discourage you from any and all alternatives, and to guide you towards a reality designed by others. This isn't a conspiracy theory, this is a conspiracy fact.

So, do I believe in a conspiracy? Yes, and I choose to ignore those things which didn't originate inside me. I avoid the intentional distractions like television, video games, radio, advertising, etc. All of these things have one real purpose: to distract you from yourself. That's, right, the answers were all inside and you've been wasting all this time looking elsewhere, being distracted by the pretty lights and the loud noises of this artificial world. But since you refuse to accept the responsibility for how you created this world, this stuff will go in one ear and out the other.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:13 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,492,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
The New World Order stuff I've heard and read about generally has to do with a secret plan to merge Canada and Mexico in with the USA, forming a single nation and robbing us of our sovereignty. Much of it was triggered by a North American Community study done by the Council on Foreign Relations, and their recommendations:

http://www.cfr.org/content/publicati...a_TF_final.pdf
Yes, it's called "The North American Union" the dollar will collapse and the "Amero" will rise.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
If you don't know how easily a reality can be manufactured, conspiracy theories go in one ear and out the other. If you're smart, you'll appreciate how if you think a certain way, you manifest that thought. It's that simple. Now if we could only control our thoughts to create exactly what we want instead of allowing other thoughts to interfere and change the outcome, then we'd be better prepared to determine the truthfulness out of all these distractions. Look about you--practically everything is designed to impregnate your mind with certain thoughts, to discourage you from any and all alternatives, and to guide you towards a reality designed by others. This isn't a conspiracy theory, this is a conspiracy fact.

So, do I believe in a conspiracy? Yes, and I choose to ignore those things which didn't originate inside me. I avoid the intentional distractions like television, video games, radio, advertising, etc. All of these things have one real purpose: to distract you from yourself. That's, right, the answers were all inside and you've been wasting all this time looking elsewhere, being distracted by the pretty lights and the loud noises of this artificial world. But since you refuse to accept the responsibility for how you created this world, this stuff will go in one ear and out the other.
Agreed completely! The phrase 'conspiracy Theory' is meant to be a phrase that means you're crazy and wear tin foil hats (see above posts), do a google search on 'conspiracy theories proved true'. You'll get plenty of subjects that were originally seen as conspiracy theories and later proven true. Maybe the theories have more bits of truth than most people think...

Old 11-07-2008, 10:44 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,932 times
Conspiracy Theories are only good for laughs before being politely tossed out.

I will admit, they are interesting to read about, even got a few of my own, but certainly not meant to be taken seriously...

Old 11-08-2008, 12:01 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
My favorite has to be the "chemtrail" theory. Gotta love that one.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:49 PM

718 posts, read 2,360,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
My favorite has to be the "chemtrail" theory. Gotta love that one.
I must admit, that one seemed pretty interesting and plausible, until I started reading about the syphls (?) who are mystical beings that take the form of clouds and clear the air of the chemicals. Oh well!

Old 11-08-2008, 04:52 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,491 times
Who thinks conspiracies are made by the Government so that ya'll be thinking about them while they get up to what they want to?

Old 11-08-2008, 06:17 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statefan View Post
I must admit, that one seemed pretty interesting and plausible, until I started reading about the syphls (?) who are mystical beings that take the form of clouds and clear the air of the chemicals. Oh well!
Thats..slyphs, I believe their leader is Tinkerbell Syphls is a "social disease"
The slyphs are kind of a tag on to the whole chem trail thing. If you ignore that part of the "theory" the rest of it is somewhat plausible. Most agree it is a part of the HAARP experiments which is a real, proven program, involving weather modification, and bending of the earths atmosphere, supposedly for missile defense. Then there's a whole 'nother round of "theories" surrounding HAARP itself as well.

My own conspiracy theory, the National Broadcasting Network (NBC) is screwing with the population at large. They are trying to create some form of time warp, to make us think we are standing still, or create mass confusion. It seems every night I go searching for something of value to watch, and there is this show about a talking car, and it's the same episode, every night of the week. What's up with that?

Overall, I agree with mhouses' point of view. We create our own reality, to a certain extent. It's when someone else's reality bleeds over into my space that things get uncomfortable.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:38 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Conspiracy Theories are only good for laughs before being politely tossed out.

I will admit, they are interesting to read about, even got a few of my own, but certainly not meant to be taken seriously...
Someone pulled the wool over your eyes. If what you write is true then anyone who wanted to commit some kind of atrocity could get away with it. With enough money to hire people to act as distractions and tell a different story, anybody can concoct something heinous and people like you won't know the difference! Nobody asking questions, the media laughing at the mere mention of an alternative to what they're reporting, and voila! you've got crimes galore.

Since lives are at stake, since your tax dollars are at stake, since your mind is at stake, I wouldn't come to your conclusion that they're "certainly not meant to be taken seriously...". The lack of belief in the possibility is the main reason for its continuation. Tricky things, those conspiracy theories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies