Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 01:41 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnJack View Post
So, they redefined their "traditional" marriage, then.

I thought we weren't supposed to redefine marriage.

As far as the Mormon Church goes, they my define marriage within their church as they please.

The people of California have defined marriage in California.

The Mormons can work to pass initiatives as they please just like gays. In this case the Mormons won and gays lost. That's how democracy works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 04:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:
Do you REALLY think that if gay marriage is allowed, that the courts are going to allow us to marry animals??
Absolutely! Why not? When we slide down the slope of moral depravity it's hard to stop the landslide. Sorry.

There are cults, clubs, groups, segments of the population who are very.....into their animals.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:37 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,559,917 times
To all the retards who bring in animals and children, animals can give consent? Children can legally give consent to marriage?

That's the same slippery slope argument they use for interracial marriages.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:45 PM

726 posts, read 2,268,746 times
I can deal with gay marriage, and I have no problems with gays/lesbians being married. But not polygamy, one partner is enough.
The fact that young girls are being victims of polygamy makes me think worse of it. And that whole cult thing seems creepy.

If young girls werent being forced into that and there was an age limit, then maybe. Just maybe.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:47 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,559,917 times
If they are all consenting adults, I can live with it. Yes, two dudes kissing is disgusting, or other certain lifestyles are disgusting, but that is just my opinion. If they are all consenting adults, I would not want to interfere with their lives. I don't want some moron whose faith or personal belief is that oral sex is dirty and wrong to prevent me from getting some ... or giving some.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:52 PM

726 posts, read 2,268,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
If they are all consenting adults, I can live with it. Yes, certain lifestyles are disgusting, but that is just my opinion. If they are all consenting adults, I would not want to interfere with their lives. I don't want some moron whose faith or personal belief is that oral sex is dirty and wrong to prevent me from getting some ... or giving some.
That would be the 'maybe' I was talking about. If young girls consented to it, then yeah, whatever.
If they did consent to it, I'd still say that they were influenced.
It is a cult.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:02 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Absolutely! Why not? When we slide down the slope of moral depravity it's hard to stop the landslide. Sorry.

There are cults, clubs, groups, segments of the population who are very.....into their animals.
Oh ok.

*backs away slowly*

Old 11-15-2008, 05:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:
Oh ok.

*backs away slowly*
Don't forget the brain bleach. After hearing what doug was doing with his stallion..... well, you get my drift.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:14 PM

706 posts, read 1,241,404 times
I am totally against gay marriage and polygamy, however if gay marriage is legalized, then so should polygamy. It is not fair to allow marriage for gays, and not Bisexuals who may be attracted to both sexes.

Keep traditional marriage the way it is--No polygamy and no gay marriage.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:22 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,015,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
All you Prop 8 supporters, would you also support legalizing polygamy?

I suppose this is a fair question to ask, considering the Mormon church is actively being attacked by masses of homosexuals who are intolerant of people who have different viewpoints than them.

But, would you support legalizing Polygamy? I know many gay people who vocally opposed polygamy (particularly from that episode a few years back). If your so much in favor of legalizing gay marriage, which I still think is not considered "marriage", wouldn't it only be fair to legalize polygamy between consenting adults? I mean think about it. I am sure the looneys in San Fran would vote no to legalize Polygamy, but they expect respect from the Mormon church in return?

This very hostile group (today a woman was attacked for carrying a cross near a Palm Springs riot) seems to have many holes in its argument. And attacking other groups for opposing your viewpoint is not the way to accomplish things....its in fact counterproductive.

Just a couple of thoughts to ponder. Please state if you support Gay marriage and if you support legalizing polygamy.
I don't support either gay marriage or polygamy. Marriage is a union between a man and a woman. Any other variation would be counterfeit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies