Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 09:16 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i thought it was liberal sexual views. dead wrong, apparently it includes physically attacking christians churches and its elderly members.
Physically attacking christian churches and its elderly members?
When? Where? How many?
If you are referring to the one instance of protestors interupting a Sunday service by throwing bullitens in the air and chanting slogans -- well, that was wrong. It was enormously short sighted on those protestors part. It should never have happened. Luckily, to the best of my knowledge it was the only instance of infiltrating a church.
As to attacking the elderly? Are you talking about Florida granny mixing it up with the gay grandpas? I've said it once, and I will say it again --- geriatric violence must end
Because other then these two instances, I really don't know what you are talking about when you post such inflammatory words like 'attacks against christian churches
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 09:38 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
If you're not gay, you can't walk in a gay persons shoes. The best thing you can do is take their word, don't argue about feelings you don't have. Just because the gay orientation is different from yours, that doesn't make it wrong. Please, don't use "The Bible" as an excuse unless you always follow and obey every word in the book. We all know a human being can't follow and obey every word in "The Bible" all of the time. I don't understand why people have such a hard time accepting gay people. You won't make the world a better place by degrading others.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:40 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy27 View Post
Maybe just maybe we think gay love is fictional. God created one man and one woman beleive it or not.
If it was fiction, that would mean it doesn't exist. It does. Get over yourself.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrees View Post
Seriously? I mean, LuckyGem - SERIOUSLY?

Stop to think about your reliance on stereotypes for a second, and you will see the distortion in your argument.

About 10% of any given population is gay, (and that's no longer in dispute). That means that the 'effeminate' gays you take to be the norm are, in fact, the tip of the iceberg. I think you should start to realise that 1 in every 10 individuals you deal with personally, or even pass in the street, is gay - and that means an AWFUL LOT of people on a daily basis: and, by far, most of them as are boringly normal as you are.

Maybe you don't even realise that the guy who comes to mend your washing machine, or your doctor, dentist, delivery man and many more, are in fact, simply indistinguishable from their straight counterparts, despite being gay. I myself, for instance have always been taken to be a straight man in all situations, unless the conversation allows me to mention my orientation, in which case there is not the slightest problem with being totally open.

That is NOT in any way to imply that I criticise my fellow-gays if their personalities prompt them to express themselves more flamboyantly - diversity is a wonderful thing. I admire their indifference to convention, but the fact is, they will probably be the only gay men you will notice, because they want to stand out.

So I think it sad that you persist in seeing things on such a superficial level, not to mention your condemnation of everything that offends you for being different. You seem to imply there ought to be a strict code of behaviour for everybody to obey - what a terrible, dull world that would be. If some gays strike you as being too 'feminine' - then that is your problem, because you are stuck in a narrow mindset where men are men and women are women and nothing should be allowed to upset that uncompromising scenario.

The facts of human nature are far more complex than this, even if you refuse to admit it. Trying to slot everybody into rigid categories doesn't work - it never did - so why go around lamenting the richness of life as it actually IS, and always should be, in a free society?

Brian.
Seriously, excellent post. It is her & everyone else's problem if they can't tolerate something as simple as being gay. I feel sorry for people like that, they'll be stuck in their sheltered world for eternity & never break out & actually experience life to the fullest. I can't imagine being so narrow-minded & hateful. I was brought up right, thank god.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:48 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i thought it was liberal sexual views. dead wrong, apparently it includes physically attacking christians churches and its elderly members.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
and it is usually a young boy molested by a man that can create to so called gay desire.
God help you, because you are a complete & utter delusional fool. You my dear are the one going to hell (if you even believe in that) for your reprehensible talk & judgement of others that are different than you. Get your ****ing facts right before you post on this forum.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:54 AM

149 posts, read 171,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrees View Post
Believe it or not, you say, Happy?

Well if it's all the same to you, my brain tells me very definitely NOT.

Given that you believe in magic talking snakes and bushes, children being born of virgins, water turning into wine, people being whisked off to heaven in fiery chariots, women over 90 bearing sons, and people living to be 900 years old - I would be more careful in using that word 'fictional' about gay love if i were you.

You believe me, the love one man can feel for another man can be as real and as deep as that between the opposite sexes - unless what I have felt coming from my heart over my lifetime is a complte sham and a lie.

I refer you to your own bible (yet again, as you don't seem to know it all that well, you believers) - where we see the tale of David's great love for his beloved Jonathan. - Is the bible lying when it tells us that David 'exceeded' with love for his friend, and worshipped the very ground Jonathan walked on? That must be 'fiction' then, according to you.

Moreover, how do you begin to explain Jesus' special affection for 'The disciple whom Jesus loved' - so often mentioned by the evangelist, John? Another biblical 'fiction'? - you tell me...

Let me know I am wrong when you have finished re-reading your bible.

brian
Wishful thinking and trying to get the Bible to support Homosexuality wont work. My time is limit but I found this in minutes and there is much more but dont have time now. https://www.evidenceforchristianity....k=view&id=4292

Old 11-19-2008, 10:05 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Wishful thinking and trying to get the Bible to support Homosexuality wont work. My time is limit but I found this in minutes and there is much more but dont have time now. https://www.evidenceforchristianity....k=view&id=4292
Did you read your link? You should take their advice.

Disciples of Jesus are not called to attack, slander, abuse or mistreat those who are caught up in the sin of homosexuality. In fact, quite the opposite is the case. Our response should be one of love and compassion.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:50 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times
Quote:

Christ taught us to love one another, turn the other cheek, and to judge not lest we be judged.

The Christ that I believe in informed us that we have ALL sinned... and come short of God's glory and died on a cross to atone for our sins.

You need to reread the New Testament if you actually think that the hate you are spewing fits with Christ's teachings.

Frankly, God cares so little about homosexuality that it is not mentioned in the Ten Commandments...and is not one the seven deadly sins.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:00 AM

149 posts, read 171,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Did you read your link? You should take their advice.

Disciples of Jesus are not called to attack, slander, abuse or mistreat those who are caught up in the sin of homosexuality. In fact, quite the opposite is the case. Our response should be one of love and compassion.
I am not attacking as you are projecting, but the truth is you are forcing you agenda on me and millions of others and trying to play the role of the vicom is dishonest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies