Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 01:57 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy27 View Post
Kirby what you have just said is completely illogical and misunderstanding of the Bible and how to use it. You people who hate Christians have no clue how to read the Bible or understand it. It amazes me that people who do not beleive in God or the Bible try to use it as a weapon against us. I do not have time or the space on here to give people like yo Bible lesson on how to rightly divide the word of God and I am sure it would do not good anyway because of you hatred and bias. By the way the New Testament forbids homosexual acts. What you say to that? If you are going to argue the people then you opened the door, bring it on.
[a letter to Dr Laura]
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.
a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?
g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?
i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 02:11 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
[a letter to Dr Laura]
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.
a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?
g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?
i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.
LOL!

**You ought to be forewarned......apparently the Old Testament became moot when Jesus came on the scene (although he himself followed Jewish law ), so I will prophesize that some posters will tell you that the old testament no longer applies, except for when it does. **

Old 11-20-2008, 02:59 PM

149 posts, read 171,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
[a letter to Dr Laura]
That is exactly what I am talking about is people like you do not know how to rightly divide the word of God you don't have a clue as to who it was written, to the times the laws of the times the dispensations, etc. Get a clue! The stuff you post on here is completely our of context and failure of understanding. It is only used as a mocking which is obvious shame on you!

Old 11-20-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Can you please engage your brain cells for just a few minutes. Did you know that in the cities of both the Roman Empire and the various Greek political alliances that preceded it there was rampant homosexual behavior? Did you know that both of those societies dominated Judea and land of Israel for several hundreds of years? If homosexual practice is so distateful to the Bible's Almighty God, then why did he allow those societies to dominate the Israelites and why didn't he destroy Rome or Athens as you believe he did Gomorrah?

To be bringing into the discussion the fables found in the Bible to determine the politically proper way to deal with homosexual rights in today's society is like relying on Hammurabi's Code to derive speed limits for the automobiles using today's superhighways.
Another person trying to be a Bible expert that is a heathen, how interesting. Kind of like a child trying to be a rocket scientist. God allows a lot of things for a time and for the big picture, he sees it all from beginning to end. Rome was allowed to flourish for a season, The Israelites, etc were punished many times by God for their sins and he allowed the heathen to conquer them and make them into slaves. Egypt is a prime example of that. God used Moses to set his people free after the times of punishment. God will allow you to commit sin and sodomy for a season, but when the time is up and you have refused to repent...well you know the rest of the story.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:20 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
That is exactly what I am talking about is people like you do not know how to rightly divide the word of God you don't have a clue as to who it was written, to the times the laws of the times the dispensations, etc. Get a clue! The stuff you post on here is completely our of context and failure of understanding. It is only used as a mocking which is obvious shame on you!
Excuse me, but doesn't fornication remain a no-no in the new testament as well? Doesn't adultery (whether it be anal or vaginal ) constitute a sin? Where is all the vitriol over these much more common sins? Homosexulity is but a drop in the bucket compared to the sins of the straight community.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Here's the thing that has always confused me....and perhaps you are just the man to explain it to me.

The bible (and no doubt all christian denomanations) says that premarital sex is just as wrong as homosexuality. Masturbation is also something to avoid. And divorce. And illegitimate children.
And yet, all of those sins barely merits a reaction from the moral majority....barely a shrug from christian fundamentalists. Certainly nowhere is the passion, the vitriol for those heterosexual sins that is so apparent for homosexual sins.

Why is that?
All sins can be forgiven but the sin of homosexual sodomy is a partially bad sin and creates a bondage that is almost impossible to break much like drug addiction. I have read books that demons can cross over from person to person through sexual contact and this even hold true of heterosexual acts, but mainly the homosexual act is more perverse and truly demonic in origin. Satan hates God and his creation (us) and he knows to mock God he will do everything in his power to pervert us and destroy us. The homosexual lifestyle is condemned more than other sins, except for witchcraft which is just as bad and damning. Atheism also plays a role in destroying peoples faith which will help open the door to all kinds of bad beliefs including homosexuals as being normal. Evolution is another one and they all work together by Satan to destroy mankind. God will allow things to reach a certain point before he will have to step in or all flesh will be destroyed as is prophesied in the Bible. The last days will grow darker as is prophesied and so it is all around us. Our economy is going down the tubes and maybe that is the beginning of judgment upon America for spitting in Gods face. It makes me sad to see America die but I don't blame God a bit.
Revelation 8

Old 11-20-2008, 03:49 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
For a person born homosexual, their orientation is part of who they are, are you expecting them to hide it because society doesn't like it.
Thank you for saying this. I would also like to remind heterosexuals that they, too, were most likely born with their sexual orientation.

I've done a ton of reading over the last couple of weeks about sexual orientation. My current feeling is that hating someone for being homosexual is like hating someone for being born with brown eyes or with big feet. It just is what it is. The discrimination is crazy. It's based on ignorance and a desire to hate something or someone.

If anything, I think heterosexuals should feel sympathy for gays/homosexuals, given the way they've been shunned by so much of society for so long.

Question for heterosexuals: If you could take a pill that would make you gay overnight, would you take it? We all know that the answer from 99.9% of the population would be, "Hell no!"

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Excuse me, but doesn't fornication remain a no-no in the new testament as well? Doesn't adultery (whether it be anal or vaginal ) constitute a sin? Where is all the vitriol over these much more common sins? Homosexulity is but a drop in the bucket compared to the sins of the straight community.
The homosexual sin is growing very fast and this is what you people want. You want to turn this into a quer nation

Old 11-20-2008, 03:56 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Growing very fast! Why - have heterosexuals stopped having abortions and therefore more children?

Old 11-20-2008, 03:57 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
All sins can be forgiven but the sin of homosexual sodomy is a partially bad sin and creates a bondage that is almost impossible to break much like drug addiction. I have read books that demons can cross over from person to person through sexual contact and this even hold true of heterosexual acts, but mainly the homosexual act is more perverse and truly demonic in origin. Satan hates God and his creation (us) and he knows to mock God he will do everything in his power to pervert us and destroy us. The homosexual lifestyle is condemned more than other sins, except for witchcraft which is just as bad and damning. Atheism also plays a role in destroying peoples faith which will help open the door to all kinds of bad beliefs including homosexuals as being normal. Evolution is another one and they all work together by Satan to destroy mankind. God will allow things to reach a certain point before he will have to step in or all flesh will be destroyed as is prophesied in the Bible. The last days will grow darker as is prophesied and so it is all around us. Our economy is going down the tubes and maybe that is the beginning of judgment upon America for spitting in Gods face. It makes me sad to see America die but I don't blame God a bit.
Revelation 8
OMG!! I can't believe there are people out there like you!!

I don't know about you, but I think I can vouch for most of the straight population...but um...

Those who are straight sure as hell aren't gonna start swinging the other way because seom gay person hit on them.

I'm just sayin...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies