Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 07:16 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Should not be built. Not needed. Not wanted. Let's build a decent rail system instead.
I'll take this post, FTW.

I miss having access to good, fast rail transit. So much easier than driving...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 08:56 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,119 times
OK, it is called the NAFTA SUPER HIGHWAY, and, will cut America into pieces, it's proposed width is 4 FOOTBALL FIELDS WIDE. get it now?
http://www.infowars.com/articles/nwo...ecret_plan.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Will somebody tell me what you are talking about? I-35 already goes right to the international border at Laredo, and across the border onto a superhighway in Mexico. It is a public road and anybody can drive on it. How would it change anything if there was another road just like that one, called the NAFTA Superhighway?

was there originally a link in this thrad that explained what is being discussed, or is everybosy just making their knee-jerk reaction and preparing your nazionalistik hatred in preparating for the impending nuclear attack on the Mexican threat to our freedom?

Last edited by highdesertmutz; 11-18-2008 at 09:05 AM..

Old 11-18-2008, 09:37 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I'm TOTALLY against it.It's the reason your kids will never get a decent paying job in manufacturing.It was a repub spawned mess to allow big biz to move to slave wage areas and then sell their crap to us for the same money thereby profiting even more while killing the American workers wages and working conditions.A person who is for NAFTA is one of three things...A profiteer whose biz has moved to Mexico,someone whose livelyhood is not based on manufacturing OR some minimum waged idiot who just doesn't know any better.
Based on your rhetoric, I am sure that you check the label of every product you buy to ensure that it was made in the USA and purchase it instead of the lower priced goods on the shelf. I am certain that you have never stepped into a Wal-Mart, Target, or Sears in the last ten years - full of Mexican, South American, and Canadian produced goods. You buy locally grown produce instead of the Mexican and South American produce. Your car was made in America by UAW-approved workers. You don't own a Ford truck mgf. in Mexico, a Ford van from Canada, a GM product assembled in Mexico or Canada either. In fact, you drive a Toyota made in America. Your jeans are not Levi's or Wranglers, as they are primarily made in Mexico - yours are tailored especially for you in the US. I am honored to know that a patriot such as you visits these forums.

PS, what country was your computer made in?

The economy is global. Those jobs are never coming back. Deal with it America.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:08 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
OK, it is called the NAFTA SUPER HIGHWAY, and, will cut America into pieces, it's proposed width is 4 FOOTBALL FIELDS WIDE. get it now?
Bush Administration Quietly Plans NAFTA Super Highway
Infowars? Alex Jones? You get your information from that nut case? Good God.

I saw a video of Alex Jones on the side of a highway during a dui check point yelling about martial law and the third reich is alive again. He's a joke.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:09 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Bush Administration Quietly Plans NAFTA Super Highway
The article in this link is just plain silly. Five lanes, both directions, exclusively for trucks? Ten trucks per mile in each lane would be more than 100,000 trucks per day. How would a "smart" terminal in Kansas City handle 100,000 trucks a day (more than a truck per second), if it can be built for a mere 3-million dollars in taxpayer money, which is less than local city taxpayer money pays for new sports stadiums? How is that port in Laredo Cardenas Mexico going to handle the import of the cargo of one truck per second?

This highly opinionated article looks like it was written by a highly partisan hack, based on a miscellany of scraps of hysterical xenophobic rantings from unmoderated blogs. The only thing he can find wrong with the plan is that it bypasses union handlers, the terminal will cost taxpayers a penny apiece, and has been the only thing of any importance kept secret by the normally candid, open and forthcoming President Bush. It would not matter a bit if every single Mexican driver on this superhighway is hurtling along at 100 miles per hour drunk as a skunk and high on meth, since it is a closed loop and would not affect American drivers or citizens in any way. All we would see is the smoke rising from their collisions.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:26 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,119 times
None of this should concern everyday citizens, other than the fact that this highway will be built without any citizen input. if I resided near this 'corridor', I would at least like to have input about it, or, maybe at least have a referendum on it, but, there won't be any of that. it is another thing the government is for, but, not necessarily the citizens of the United States are for it. the government again shoving things they believe in down our throats without any say so. this road will make I-35 look like a small squiggly line on the map. forget the partisan hack part.
Quote:
The article in this link is just plain silly. Five lanes, both directions, exclusively for trucks? Ten trucks per mile in each lane would be more than 100,000 trucks per day. How would a "smart" terminal in Kansas City handle 100,000 trucks a day (more than a truck per second), if it can be built for a mere 3-million dollars in taxpayer money, which is less than local city taxpayer money pays for new sports stadiums? How is that port in Laredo Cardenas Mexico going to handle the import of the cargo of one truck per second?

This highly opinionated article looks like it was written by a highly partisan hack, based on a miscellany of scraps of hysterical xenophobic rantings from unmoderated blogs. The only thing he can find wrong with the plan is that it bypasses union handlers, the terminal will cost taxpayers a penny apiece, and has been the only thing of any importance kept secret by the normally candid, open and forthcoming President Bush. It would not matter a bit if every single Mexican driver on this superhighway is hurtling along at 100 miles per hour drunk as a skunk and high on meth, since it is a closed loop and would not affect American drivers or citizens in any way. All we would see is the smoke rising from their collisions.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
It will most certainly blur our borders further. Eventually leading to a NAU with a shared monetary unit. These things usually happen quitely. Here's one of their sites putting a creamy frosting on it for you. North America's SuperCorridor Coalition, Inc. (http://www.nascocorridor.com/default.asp - broken link)

Old 11-18-2008, 01:11 PM

472 posts, read 740,881 times
Quote:
Will somebody tell me what you are talking about? I-35 already goes right to the international border at Laredo, and across the border onto a superhighway in Mexico. It is a public road and anybody can drive on it. How would it change anything if there was another road just like that one, called the NAFTA Superhighway?

was there originally a link in this thrad that explained what is being discussed, or is everybosy just making their knee-jerk reaction and preparing your nazionalistik hatred in preparating for the impending nuclear attack on the Mexican threat to our freedom?

Do a google search on NAFTA superhighway. It is much more than an interstate four lane highway.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:26 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
OK, I followed your advice, and googled it. And, From a publication that regulary criticizes the Bush (and all other) administrtion. I got this:

The NAFTA Superhighway

There's no such thing as a proposed NAFTA Superhighway.

Though opposition to the nonexistent highway is the cause célèbre of many a paranoiac, the myth upon which it rests was not fabricated out of whole cloth. Rather, it has been sewn together from scraps of fact.

----------------
I'm still waiting for one of you to tell me where all those truck are going to come from---so many trucks that four lanes each way are not enough, they will need five.

Oh, by the way, do you know how wide the right-of-way is on the esisting I-35 right now in southern Kansas? It is equal to the width of FIVE FOOTBALL FIELDS. Dwarfed, in comparison to the NAFTA superhighay? So much for that impressive buzzword.

What do you have left when the furthest-left liberal rag won't even get on board for your Bush/White House conspiracy-blog myth?

Last edited by jtur88; 11-18-2008 at 01:53 PM..

Old 11-18-2008, 01:31 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
It's true - it is gigantic and will cut the country in two. People will lose their land. And not just a bit of land, either.

Much better would be high speed rail from San Antonio to Austin to Dallas and eventually on to Oklahoma, St. Louis and Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies