Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 12:42 PM

695 posts, read 1,377,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdistheWord View Post
As a conservative Christian, I have sex through a hole in a sheet and am dead inside and would like everyone else to be dead inside too.
You're really a creepy, judgmental person aren't you? Wow! Unbelievable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 12:49 PM

343 posts, read 510,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
You're really a creepy, judgmental person aren't you? Wow! Unbelievable!

Of course I am, that's what happens when you have sex through a hole in a sheet.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:56 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,381,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
As a conservative Christian, I am against both oral and anal sex for heterosexuals.
Yeesh. Reason enough to not be that brand of "conservative Christian"...

I mean, I can certainly do without one, but I happen to know a boatload of people, Christian and non, of both genders, who happen to enjoy the other. Greatly.

Because it's fun, relatively safe, and we're all adults here.... Is there some sort of anti-kama-sutra telling us exactly what activities and positions are okay?

And if sex is supposed to be so bland and utilitarian, why is it so enjoyable? (I mean, maybe it's not, the way you're doing it... But there are those of us who think it's pretty great...)

Old 11-22-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdistheWord View Post
Of course I am, that's what happens when you have sex through a hole in a sheet.
No, actually that's what happens when you're a really creepy, judgmental person.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:36 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Unbelievable that some people want to dictate the laws and 'morals' of our country and its people, based on a 2000-year-old book written for a civilization of people who lived in a place and time that does not even come close to remotely resembling the world we live in today.

Talk about backward.
Indeed.

I'm continually confounded by the fact that there is approximately 1/3 (give or take a few percentage points) of the world's population who base their belief system and form their ideologies on the mystic noodlings of a bunch of misogynistic Hebrew shepherds and their mythology of a Hebrew thunder god.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Indeed.

I'm continually confounded by the fact that there is approximately 1/3 (give or take a few percentage points) of the world's population who base their belief system and form their ideologies on the mystic noodlings of a bunch of misogynistic Hebrew shepherds and their mythology of a Hebrew thunder god.
But you're OBVIOUSLY pretty open-minded about it.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
But you're OBVIOUSLY pretty open-minded about it.
I used to be.

However, I was younger, more naive, and had not yet been exposed to the hypocrisy that most Christians seem to perpetuate, within the Church as well as outside of it.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I used to be.

However, I was younger, more naive, and had not yet been exposed to the hypocrisy that most Christians seem to perpetuate, within the Church as well as outside of it.
So you're admitting that you're just plain closed minded. Now nice.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
So you're admitting that you're just plain closed minded. Now nice.
Let's just say that if the neighbor's pitbull attacks me and chews off my left hand, I'm not headed back over there to give him the opportunity to chew the right one off as well....

Guess that makes me closed minded as far as that pitbull is concerned.

Old 11-22-2008, 04:17 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,389 times
It's really sort of creepy that you know so much about your friend's sex lives but your point is well taken.

P.S. I wouldn't believe everything I hear in locker rooms, board rooms, waiting rooms, etc. People tend to embellish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies