Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 08:34 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I used to be.

However, I was younger, more naive, and had not yet been exposed to the hypocrisy that most Christians seem to perpetuate, within the Church as well as outside of it.
Exactly. That is how I feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 09:08 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
You know what? Something has just sparked my curiosity. A lot of right-wingers on this forum find the idea of homosexuality to be so repulsive merely because they don't want to know what goes on in our bedrooms. That's a fair judgment call to make. However, a large number of them feel as if heterosexual sex is the only sex that matters because it is the only activity that results in procreation. However, judging by my sexually-charged conversations with some of my straight male peers in college, 100% of them have received oral sex at some point from a female. Isn't that "reviling" to you conservatives? How can that result in procreation? I will also say that I know of one heterosexual couple around my age that engaged in (at least once) anal intercourse. Isn't it time some of you looked into the mirror at your fellow heterosexuals who engage in oral and anal sex before chastising we in the homosexual community for "going against nature?"
I don't want to know what goes on in anyones bedroom. Heterosexual or homosexual. Not interested.

The real point, for me at least, is that if a gay couple can get a civil union, what's the REAL issue behind pushing for the title of "marriage"?

Why rip apart fundies? That's what they believe. It's no worse or better than what anyone else believes. It's not ok unless everyone believes in ONE way...the gay way? I don't get that line of thinking?

And I always wonder how many gays who are fighting for the word "marriage" to be given to them really plan on getting in a life-long, serious relationship?

I have a few friends who are gay. Only one couple has been together for over 10 years and have adopted 4 beautiful children. They are the best daddies to those kids. 3 girls 1 baby boy - the baby boy they fostered when he was only one week old. The 3 girls are all siblings whose mother was a drug addict and made them sit in car-seats (in the "house" all day long...they have a lot of physical issues due to their confinement). One of the couple is Dad and the other one is Uncle...I don't get that, but it's their decision and how they choose to bring up their children.

LAST people on earth who could care about the term "marriage" being legal for them or not. They're not trying to "find themselves" or prove a point. They had their ducks in a row (via hiring an attorney and getting the civil union, etc.) years ago. And they love and take care of those kids like nobody's business.

Unfortunately I believe that the majority of the hoopla surrounding the word "marriage" in the gay community is just a way to make a lot of noise and not be "forgotten" now that it's not such the hard fight it used to be in MOST places.

Scranton/Wilkes Barre? Can't imagine it would be easy up there!

Old 11-22-2008, 09:26 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Surely the anti gay straight conservatives can use the Bible to jusify their various sexual practices with the opposite sex. Get busy!
*cricket*cricket*cricket*

Funny how they are avoiding this thread with a ten-foot pole, but if you ask them to explain how homosexuality is a sin, it'll have 20+ pages in a day... hypocrisy is being displayed with blinding reality here, LOL.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:33 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
You know what? Something has just sparked my curiosity. A lot of right-wingers on this forum find the idea of homosexuality to be so repulsive merely because they don't want to know what goes on in our bedrooms. That's a fair judgment call to make. However, a large number of them feel as if heterosexual sex is the only sex that matters because it is the only activity that results in procreation. However, judging by my sexually-charged conversations with some of my straight male peers in college, 100% of them have received oral sex at some point from a female. Isn't that "reviling" to you conservatives? How can that result in procreation? I will also say that I know of one heterosexual couple around my age that engaged in (at least once) anal intercourse. Isn't it time some of you looked into the mirror at your fellow heterosexuals who engage in oral and anal sex before chastising we in the homosexual community for "going against nature?"
I don't recall hearing anyone saying sex is only for procreation. As for oral sex, that's not what they're chastising for. It's for any kind of sex with the same sex. Anal sex is another matter. Thank God I've never been involved with a man who had an interest. It would've been a very short relationship. [insert barf smiley]

Old 11-22-2008, 09:34 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,591,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
TROLL!! Where are the Mods on this stuff I wonder?
Excuse me? How am I a "troll?"

Old 11-22-2008, 09:40 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Don't worry Scran, we know you aren't a troll... that poster must be new.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:27 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,662,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Unfortunately I believe that the majority of the hoopla surrounding the word "marriage" in the gay community is just a way to make a lot of noise
No, that's not it. It's that many believe that the right to marry the individual of your choice is a right that should be afforded to everyone.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:32 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
is right! Good greif! Being a "conservative" or a Republican doen't mean that you have to be some kind of rabid Bible thumper. I , personally don't care a fart in a windstorm what goes on the bedrooms of homosexuals and it's none of the gay communities business what goes on in my "straight" bedroom. TROLL!! Where are the Mods on this stuff I wonder?

Hmmmm, Maybe because the MODS see his question and statements as valid points! And his rep points prove he is no troll!!

Old 11-23-2008, 12:33 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,463,120 times
I still haven't seen anybody really address the original post.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:47 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,723,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
*cricket*cricket*cricket*

Funny how they are avoiding this thread with a ten-foot pole, but if you ask them to explain how homosexuality is a sin, it'll have 20+ pages in a day... hypocrisy is being displayed with blinding reality here, LOL.
<H4>1 Corinthians 6</H4>

Sexual Immorality

12"Everything is permissible for me"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"—but I will not be mastered by anything. 13"Food for the stomach and the stomach for food"—but God will destroy them both. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. 15Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh."[b] 17But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.
18Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. 19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body

Lev 18
22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies