Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 12:31 AM

432 posts, read 1,665,174 times

Advertisements

Ok,I am a 18 Year old african Christian and always will be.I also support Gay Marriage.Everyone deserve the right to happiness and we as society should not stop it.Me and my mom got into an argument a few weeks back and she thought I was crazy.I want everyone regardless of race,sexuality or Religion to be happy and Do what they feel is the best for them.

God said we should not Judge others."Judge NOT, that you be not judged” in Matt 7:1. I know same sex marriage is not right but I am not gonna let my religious views affect others in a negative way.In the Bible,God sat down and talked to Prostitutes,Robbers,and crooks.He never Judged them.Some Christians should stop saying,"I hate Gay People,They should not be able to married".Thats BS.Who are You to tell them what they can or can not do.We are not GOD.Let God Judge them,NOT THE WORLD!!The Government should not stop them from being happy because Of their lifestyle.Why Take away rights from a Group of People because Of their Personal Choice.Choose friends by their Characters people.

God give us Freewill also.He give us a chance to choose How we want to live our lives eventhough there is a Penalty.why can the government not Give Everyone freewill to be and do what they want.Why is the governemt limiting a certain group of People just because they choose to be different.I know the US is a Christian Country establish on Christian values but We should not try to force our religions down other People throats.Let Everyone be who they wanna be and Let God be The Judge!!

"All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

"Article I. All men are born free and equal, and have certain natural, essential, and unalienable rights; among which may be reckoned the right of enjoying and defending their lives and liberties; that of acquiring, possessing, and protecting property; in fine, that of seeking and obtaining their safety and happiness."

*forgive me for a few miss-spellings and run-on sentences,I do not have time to fix it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 01:37 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Good for you for using your brain, and you seem like a very smart young man... smarter than many older Christian people I've met. Don't let anyone tell you what to believe, and follow what your heart tells you is right.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:42 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
Sorry, failure to recognize spell check is the quickest way to hell these days I'm afraid.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:34 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Sorry, failure to recognize spell check is the quickest way to hell these days I'm afraid.

Always a smart A$$ in the bunch...lol

If I believed in hell I might agree. I think the OP is in good shape no worries about karma with this one. Stay smart, stay open. continue your kindness to all, for that is the practice of Christianity. Such a simple concept to be so misunderstood.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:41 AM

41 posts, read 101,530 times
Going to hell? well i dont believe in it so i doubt it. But you are not a christian if you believe in homosexual marriage, you cant pick and choose what parts of the bible to believe in, i know for a fact it says in the bible god is against that disgusting act and also says they should be stoned.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:18 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,003,003 times
Since you are a Christian, at least you are eligible to go to Hell. Please feel welcome to come over and join us atheists, who harbor no such fears.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:23 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times
I look at it this way: St. Paul said in 1 Corinthians 5:12, "For what have I to do with judging outsiders is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God will Judge those outside"

In practical terms...if a church performs a gay wedding I'll be seriously opposed and horrified. If city hall does it, I'll shrug say "Well they're not christians, what do you expect?" and move on with my life.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:25 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightWhiteMale View Post
Going to hell? well i dont believe in it so i doubt it. But you are not a christian if you believe in homosexual marriage, you cant pick and choose what parts of the bible to believe in, i know for a fact it says in the bible god is against that disgusting act and also says they should be stoned.
the Bible also says not to eat shellfish. many other passages in leviticus tell ppl not to do certain things that today's ppl would laugh at. Do you eat shellfish and the other things that the bible commands you not to do? I doubt it. The Catholic church forbids divorce, yet look how many choose that option. Seems to me like you're the one that is picking and choosing.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:45 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,559,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by affi View Post
Ok,I am a 18 Year old african Christian and always will be.I also support Gay Marriage.[/color][/url]."

If what you say is true, you may have already attained Eternal Life....anyone who's discovered the secret of always being an 18 year old is indeed privy to knowledge most world leaders would KILL for.

Gay marriage?......I don't know. I'm a Catholic, and we're philosophically opposed to it. Like anyone else, I suppose most people feel compelled in some way to oppose those things in PUBLIC life, that they find morally unacceptable in PRIVATE life. Gay marriage, in that regard, is probably little different from many OTHER things we've passed laws against. ALL laws, remember, at some point, involve "some" people telling OTHER people how to behave....ALL laws.

Both my wife and I have gay relatives. Nice folks. But if you...or THEY.... come to me, stick a ballot in my face, and DEMAND to know, "one way or another", whether I approve of Gays getting married, I'd have to answer "no".

On the other hand, we could talk about something else, and we'd get along fine, I'm sure.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:34 AM

41 posts, read 101,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
the Bible also says not to eat shellfish. many other passages in leviticus tell ppl not to do certain things that today's ppl would laugh at. Do you eat shellfish and the other things that the bible commands you not to do? I doubt it. The Catholic church forbids divorce, yet look how many choose that option. Seems to me like you're the one that is picking and choosing.

LOL, i dont like shellfish so no i do not eat it, but i am also not religious. I was not picking and choosing but how can you call yourself a christian if you go against something god has said? The op put a scripture part in his post so i said he can not choose and pick what he believes its either all or none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies