Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 05:32 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
FACT: There IS no way to totally protect non-combatants.

The above is one of the effects of wars.
Yawn, just another pro-war, so-called 'Christian' trying to justify his slaughter of innocents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 05:33 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Yawn, just another pro-war, so-called 'Christian' trying to justify his slaughter of innocents.
No, an American stating facts.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
FACT: There IS no way to totally protect non-combatants.

The above is one of the effects of wars.
Yeah, dropping tons of cluster bombs, white phosphorus, etc, on civillian villages in Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Iraq - just couldn't somehow avoid those non-combatants. LOL!

Old 12-19-2008, 05:40 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Yeah, dropping tons of cluster bombs, white phosphorus, etc, on civillian villages in Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Iraq - just couldn't somehow avoid those non-combatants. LOL!
Clue. Get one.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Clue. Get one.
You, of all people, should talk.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:10 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
I have made my points and perogative/opinions clear and well known on this thread. Reading comprehension isn't a requirement here at city-data.com, but it helps. It's sad that people don't give a damned about human life, even after wars are done and over.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post6588818

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post6590160

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post6590190

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post6598200

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post6599246

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post6600076
I read and comprehended very well, thank you. You dont like cluster bombs, feel that they are a dirty weapon, and that Bush should have signed the agreement.
Thats about the gist of it, correct?

Now, I am going to ask you something a bit personal. Have you ever, ever had someone you love in the line of fire from an overseas enemy? There is no sympathy for an enemy, because its almost certain they'll have no sympathy with us.
Have you ever had to wonder if someone is going to come home, much less come home alive the next time you see them? Has a childhood friend ever given personal items to you to keep so that you can give them to his mother/wife in case he doesnt make it home again?
Have you ever watched someone come home from their first deployment and have that shell-shocked look in their eyes?

I did, do, and have. And because of that, I stand by the statement that I support ANY WEAPON that will keep my friends and loved ones safe or make their jobs easier. I support any weapon that might make our enemies think twice about engaging my friends and loved ones in combat.

You see, I can attach faces and names to quite a few soldiers. I cannot attach a face to a person from another country that we are fighting with, and the only name I can attach to said person is "Enemy".
There's an old saying that rings true.

All's fair in love and war.

And dammit, I want our soldiers to have an unfair advantage.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
I read and comprehended very well, thank you. You dont like cluster bombs, feel that they are a dirty weapon, and that Bush should have signed the agreement.
Thats about the gist of it, correct?

Now, I am going to ask you something a bit personal. Have you ever, ever had someone you love in the line of fire from an overseas enemy? There is no sympathy for an enemy, because its almost certain they'll have no sympathy with us.
Have you ever had to wonder if someone is going to come home, much less come home alive the next time you see them? Has a childhood friend ever given personal items to you to keep so that you can give them to his mother/wife in case he doesnt make it home again?
Have you ever watched someone come home from their first deployment and have that shell-shocked look in their eyes?

I did, do, and have. And because of that, I stand by the statement that I support ANY WEAPON that will keep my friends and loved ones safe or make their jobs easier. I support any weapon that might make our enemies think twice about engaging my friends and loved ones in combat.

You see, I can attach faces and names to quite a few soldiers. I cannot attach a face to a person from another country that we are fighting with, and the only name I can attach to said person is "Enemy".
There's an old saying that rings true.

All's fair in love and war.

And dammit, I want our soldiers to have an unfair advantage.
I guess people like you will always hide behind the 'All's fair in love and war.' excuse. My father, other family members in war, sure, but I certainly don't support blowing up innocent civillians with all sorts of weapons, including cluster bombs that kill children years later - why don't you start thinking about the children of other people for a change? - you and your family are no more worthy of life than they are.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:37 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
I guess people like you will always hide behind the 'All's fair in love and war.' excuse. My father, other family members in war, sure, but I certainly don't support blowing up innocent civillians with all sorts of weapons, including cluster bombs that kill children years later - why don't you start thinking about the children of other people for a change? - you and your family are no more worthy of life than they are.

if you do not want innocent civilians to get killed in war, then it is up to them to change the leadership of their countries so they are not being forced into war.

we as americans should not sacrifice the ability to make war just because "innocent civilians if there is truly such a thing" get in the way.
if you as an american do not approve of such implements of war being used by the military. then you should get out, pick up a rifle and show us veterans how it should be done.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:54 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
we as americans should not sacrifice the ability to make war just because "innocent civilians if there is truly such a thing" get in the way.
Using the same logic, do you honestly think it would be justified for any country to develop and use nuclear and/or chemical weapons against civilians?

Last edited by calmdude; 12-20-2008 at 07:05 PM..

Old 12-20-2008, 07:43 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,656 times
Different countries militaries go to different lengths to avoid civillian causaulties but there never has been, and never will be, a war in which civillians - woman, children, old young- do not die.

The reality is civillians die in wars. Period.The myth that wars can be fought with only military deaths is a pipe dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies