Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2008, 04:58 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Shrubs View Post
Telling people that they will burn in hell for eternity is not exactly sharing message of love. Sounds more like a threat to me. And that “peaceful shearing the message of love” certainly wasn’t there throughout history.
When I share the gospel, I focus more on the love of Jesus versus damnation. Unfortunately, hell is a real concept and believers would be remiss if we did not provide some warning of hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 05:02 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
I disagree. And what do you mean coming to my senses? Just because you can't feel or refuse to feel the presence of God in your life doesn't mean God isn't there.

And before you ask me to prove to you God exists, I can't, I just know. It is similar to trying to describe a color to a person who refuses to open their eyes. I can say all I want/can about that rainbow in the sky, but until you are able and willing to open your eyes, you will never know what I am talking about.
Its useless. This forum has turned into nothing but a Christian bashing forum. Must be because everybody is so upset about Prop. 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
When I share the gospel, I focus more on the love of Jesus versus damnation. Unfortunately, hell is a real concept and believers would be remiss if we did not provide some warning of hell.
Hell CANNOT be ignored, but it shouldn't be the primary focus especially when sharing the gospel to the younger generation who don't respond well to fire and brimstone theology.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
well to come to their senses, that means a model is being put forth that makes more sense no?
and what is that model, our current mean streets and snake pit schools??. you have got to be kidding. 50% divorce, 50% college flunk out. 50% hi school drop out. bulging prisons? more violent and unruly than we were 30 years ago. and we are much less christian. i am sorry friend what point are you making, the irrelavance of god in our lives? how loud does the music have to get b4 we hear it.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Its useless. This forum has turned into nothing but a Christian bashing forum. Must be because everybody is so upset about Prop. 8.

Hell CANNOT be ignored, but it shouldn't be the primary focus especially when sharing the gospel to the younger generation who don't respond well to fire and brimstone theology.
I agree which is why I tailor my message to my audience. You hit the nail upon the head with the first comment. This is exactly why CD is being flooded with so many anti-Christian threads.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
well to come to their senses, that means a model is being put forth that makes more sense no?
and what is that model, our currernt mean streets and snake pit schools??. you have got to be kidding. 50% divorce, 50% college flunk out. 50% hi school drop out. bulging prisons? more violent and unruly than we were 30 years ago. and we are much less christian. i am sorry friend what point are you making, the irrelavance of god in our lives? how loud does the music have to get b4 we hear it.
Exactly ... Removing God has only sent our nation into decline.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:07 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
...be looked upon as fictional religions such as Greek Mythology, Oracles, or Mayan Religion etc?

I think eventually people will look at Christianity as just as far fetched and "crazy" as we view mythology etc...whether it be 100 years or 500 years from now, I think people will come to their senses.

Anyone agree or disagree?
No.

Come to their senses?

We have a historical record which validates Christianity. Christ lived, and there are witnesses to his death and resurection? What more do you need?

Old 12-05-2008, 05:18 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Who laughs at someone else's beliefs? I would never condone doing such a thing..

Polytheism is an interesting subject nonetheless. Far more exciting than Christianity (from a research perspective).

Christianity is polytheistic but espouses monotheism. The Trinity is a completely bogus notion.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:22 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Christianity is polytheistic but espouses monotheism. The Trinity is a completely bogus notion.
Really? So, would you say we have three governments or one government comprised of three independent branches? It's the same concept.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:26 PM

I didn't even mention Satan and the angels and demons. All these are also "supernatural beings" and therefore gods or akin to gods. It's all such obviously mumbo-jumbo.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:30 PM

Yes, I believe that Christianity will ultimately go away and become irrelevant like most of the other religions that have come and gone. Religious ideas are mostly products of imagination used for organizing human behavior, and the human imagination never stops developing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies