Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 04:03 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
any patriotic american??

maybe if you could show me anywhere in the Constitution it allows the federal goverment to own any land whatsoever outside of land for arsenals or post offices I could relate.

but in fact the federal goverment is not allowed to own any land except for that which is allowed by the Constitution.

maybe the federal goverment should give all the land they have stolen back to the states and the people they have stolen it from.
You'd probably have to move. If I remember corrcectly the U.S. stole it from the Native American tribes who were here for several thousand years before Columbus arrived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 05:15 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You'd probably have to move. If I remember corrcectly the U.S. stole it from the Native American tribes who were here for several thousand years before Columbus arrived.
Beat me to it.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:39 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,660 times
Quote:
Which Native American tribe was it stolen from?

And which other Native American tribe had that Native American tribe stolen it from immediately before the white man stole it from him?

Old 12-16-2008, 05:46 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Which Native American tribe was it stolen from?

And which other Native American tribe had that Native American tribe stolen it from immediately before the white man stole it from him?
Pardon me.

I had forgotten that two wrongs make a right.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Pardon me.

I had forgotten that two wrongs make a right.
Did I say two wrongs make a right?

I'm asking which tribe which tribe stole the land from, before the white man stole the land from them.

Your failure to answer the question evidences the fact that you don't know.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:52 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Oh for gods sakes....I think we can all, or at least most of us, agree that the Bush Administration has failed miserably in protecting the environment. That's a fact, that's all that needs to be said.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:06 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Oh for gods sakes....I think we can all, or at least most of us, agree that the Bush Administration has failed miserably in protecting the environment. That's a fact, that's all that needs to be said.
In truth, the land was taken from the Native people and I've always said that it would not be in the ecological mess that it is in if it were left in their care. Anyway the point is that there has been an onslaught of deregulation since The Bush Crime Family has been squatting in The White House concerning the environment and enriching Bush cronies has been the order of the day for the past 8 despicable years. There is no shortage of articles out there as to how Bush and The Vampire Dick have contributed and aided in ravaging the eco system. These excuses for human beings have enriched themselves enough to buy another planet.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
No, that's not a fact. That is your opinion - and your opinion is based not on fact, but on your blind hatred of Bush.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:46 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
^ nobody noticed this?

this is a dead issue.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
In truth, the land was taken from the Native people and I've always said that it would not be in the ecological mess that it is in if it were left in their care. Anyway the point is that there has been an onslaught of deregulation since The Bush Crime Family has been squatting in The White House concerning the environment and enriching Bush cronies has been the order of the day for the past 8 despicable years. There is no shortage of articles out there as to how Bush and The Vampire Dick have contributed and aided in ravaging the eco system. These excuses for human beings have enriched themselves enough to buy another planet.
That's incorrect.

I'd strongly suggest you read the book "Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed" by Jared Diamond. Pay close attention to the chapters about the Anasazi, or Ancient Pueblo People. They completely destroyed their environment, and it lead to their demise.

This idea that the Native American peoples were a bunch of peace-loving environmentalists is bunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies