Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:50 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,633,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You'd probably have to move. If I remember corrcectly the U.S. stole it from the Native American tribes who were here for several thousand years before Columbus arrived.
Kind of like they stole fertile lands on the eastern side of the US from Indian tribes? You'll have to leave South Carolina, Europeans destroyed a few dozen tribes there and only a few are in existence. Maybe you should leave and tell all your neighbors to do likewise and we can give the land back to the tribes that survived...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Pardon me.

I had forgotten that two wrongs make a right.
No, three lefts do though...

Old 12-16-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Beat me to it.
You'll also need to move so the indians that inhabited that area and were chased off to Kansas can return to their lands. But since they were run off from Kansas as well, we'll need a lot of people in Kansas to move so they can move back their temporarily....

Old 12-16-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Oh for gods sakes....I think we can all, or at least most of us, agree that the Bush Administration has failed miserably in protecting the environment. That's a fact, that's all that needs to be said.
I don't remember Clinton or Reagan doing very much either. The Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act provide all the legislation necessary to protect the environment from REAL pollution. But the incoming administration apparently intends to ignore that and seek legislation to regulate organic gases that give the planet life. I have a feeling they will be like the last few administrations and turn a blind eye to the real pollutants that make us sick.

The more things CHANGE, the more they stay the same....

Old 12-16-2008, 10:09 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
No, that's not a fact. That is your opinion - and your opinion is based not on fact, but on your blind hatred of Bush.
Right, you go ahead & think that.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:11 AM

989 posts, read 2,499,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
They hate this country. They hate America. They are reptilian and have no feelings. They will continue to destroy everything and anything of any value in this country and anywhere else in the world where they can get away with it. The Bush Crime Family has defecated on all Americans and the weak of mind that have continued to support this cancer have contributed to their shameful treasonous acts.

Message from Robert Redford! Stop Bush's Giveaway of America... - Care2 News Network
Good. Sell all public lands. Private ownership makes better use of it than the government does, and I don't fancy supporting the maintenance of some faraway public land with my tax dollars.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:16 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,221,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Right, you go ahead & think that.
I'll give you a second chance to back up your inflammatory rhetoric with some facts.

Meanwhile, I won't be holding my breath. Instead, I'm going to go eat dinner with my wife.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:17 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Bush crime family? Oh jeeze...

I can't take you people seriously when you spout such stupidity. I don't like Bush either but damn.
Please pay attention to the reality of this fool, and his destruction of the country, the environment, and our future. Mission Accomplished, may you rot in hell Mr. Bush soon

Old 12-16-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I don't remember Clinton or Reagan doing very much either.
Actually, here's what comes to mind immediately that Clinton did...Clinton Preserves Pristine Roadless National Forests - Republicans Vow to Undo the Rule And then here's Bush's response to it...Bush administration plans to scrap roadless-rule forest protections | By Amanda Griscom | Grist | Muckraker | 14 Jul 2004

[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
But the incoming administration apparently intends to ignore that and seek legislation to regulate organic gases that give the planet life.
Oh, you mean the levels of CO2 that have been spewed into the atmosphere? Read up on it before you make statements that you obviously know nothing about.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
I'll give you a second chance to back up your inflammatory rhetoric with some facts.

Meanwhile, I won't be holding my breath. Instead, I'm going to go eat dinner with my wife.
Inflammatory? HAHAHA, go enjoy your "lunch".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies