Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 10:59 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,633,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Oh, you mean the levels of CO2 that have been spewed into the atmosphere? Read up on it before you make statements that you obviously know nothing about.[/quote]

Yes, I mean CO2, and if you would remove yourself from the global warming alarmism that has permeated the media, you would realize that actual pollutants are a bigger problem that have more clear cut solutions. But they don't provide the same way for government to tax EVERYTHING under the guise of setting the earth's thermostat just perfect.

So Clinton stopped a couple hundred miles of roads from being built. That is protecting the environment? Not a bad idea, but it doesn't do a lot to help with the contaminants in our waterways and the pollution in the air we breathe.

Maybe it is you who would benefit from reading....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 11:07 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Oh, you mean the levels of CO2 that have been spewed into the atmosphere? Read up on it before you make statements that you obviously know nothing about.

Yes, I mean CO2, and if you would remove yourself from the global warming alarmism that has permeated the media, you would realize that actual pollutants are a bigger problem that have more clear cut solutions. But they don't provide the same way for government to tax EVERYTHING under the guise of setting the earth's thermostat just perfect.

So Clinton stopped a couple hundred miles of roads from being built. That is protecting the environment? Not a bad idea, but it doesn't do a lot to help with the contaminants in our waterways and the pollution in the air we breathe.

Maybe it is you who would benefit from reading....[/quote]
Considering I went to school for conservation, your last remark is a dead end. So tell me, what are these "actual pollutants" that you're talking about? You know CO2 emissions come from many sources, including autos & power plants, right?

Old 12-16-2008, 11:54 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,221,005 times
Quote:
Inflammatory? HAHAHA, go enjoy your "lunch".
"Bush is destroying the environment, is killing everybody, and is sending the entire universe to hell in a hand basket!!!!!! :c rying:"

Where are the environmental facts that I've now asked for 3 times? Maybe Al Gore has them stuck away in his Lock Box. By the way, speaking of the environment and the hypocrisy of Al Gore, would you care to do a little study of the einvoronmental impact of Al Gore's house versus George Bush's ranch home? I bet you wouldn't...

And yes, I did enjoy lunch with my beautiful bride of 25 years VERY much - thank you!

Old 12-16-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
what are these "actual pollutants" that you're talking about?
Carbon Monoxide, Volitale Organic Chemicals (VOCs), nitric oxide, nitrogen dioxide, small particulate matter (SPMs), ozone, and sulfur dioxide.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Carbon Monoxide, Volitale Organic Chemicals (VOCs), nitric oxide, nitrogen dioxide, small particulate matter (SPMs), ozone, and sulfur dioxide.
How are these any better or worse than CO2 emissions? They all fit in the same group of pollutants.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
"Bush is destroying the environment, is killing everybody, and is sending the entire universe to hell in a hand basket!!!!!! :c rying:"
Hmmm, you may want to look back on my posts. No whining going on, simple observation. Seems to me you're the one getting bent out of shape. And by the way, I'm not the only one on this thread, why don't you provide some facts?

Old 12-16-2008, 12:23 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
They hate this country. They hate America. They are reptilian and have no feelings. They will continue to destroy everything and anything of any value in this country and anywhere else in the world where they can get away with it. The Bush Crime Family has defecated on all Americans and the weak of mind that have continued to support this cancer have contributed to their shameful treasonous acts.

Message from Robert Redford! Stop Bush's Giveaway of America... - Care2 News Network
One more thing we can chalk up to Bush Effing up the USA.

He really screwed everything up.
The only thing that kept him alive all this time is that Cheney - the draft dodger- is even WORSE than Bush is.

Their legacy is a big old steaming pile of dung.

They should give it back to the Native Americans from whom this land was stolen from in the first place.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
How are these any better or worse than CO2 emissions? They all fit in the same group of pollutants.
Then why isn't CO2 listed by the EPA as one of the pollutants that cost just the state of California an estimated $28billion per year in health costs, causing illness, lost work days, shorter life spans for those with repiratory illness, etc. ?

I can't remember ever being under a CO2 air quality warning...

If I'm not mistaken, you have to be well over 10,000ppm with CO2 before it becomes a health risk for humans. Our atmospheric levels aren't even 400ppm yet.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:39 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post

Where are the environmental facts that I've now asked for 3 times? Maybe Al Gore has them stuck away in his Lock Box. By the way, speaking of the environment and the hypocrisy of Al Gore, would you care to do a little study of the einvoronmental impact of Al Gore's house versus George Bush's ranch home? I bet you wouldn't...

And yes, I did enjoy lunch with my beautiful bride of 25 years VERY much - thank you!
You deserve to live where The Bush Crime Family reigns supreme and where a VP vampire is pulling the strings. Yeah, you and people that support this criminal administration deserve to reap the rewards of their actions. I often wish that we could send reptile Bush/Cheney and all of their supporters off to another galaxy to destroy. Good riddance!

Old 12-16-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Then why isn't CO2 listed by the EPA as one of the pollutants that cost just the state of California an estimated $28billion per year in health costs, causing illness, lost work days, shorter life spans for those with repiratory illness, etc. ?

I can't remember ever being under a CO2 air quality warning...

If I'm not mistaken, you have to be well over 10,000ppm with CO2 before it becomes a health risk for humans. Our atmospheric levels aren't even 400ppm yet.
Ozone & CO2 both work in conjunction w/a plants ability to photosynthesize. You're right, we always hear about ozone warnings. Ozone in & of itself is not bad, however w/manmade chemicals emitted, they destroy the ozone which of courses causes negative health affects to humans & plantlife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies