Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you legalize gay marriage??
Yes 80 62.02%
No 49 37.98%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 08:32 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,707,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
I care because a small group of people decided to say no to a step foward like Civil Unions and now Gays have nothing to show for their effort.

They could've had civil unions like Obama, Clinton, and Pelosi promised, but I bet they wouldn't even touch the issue now that Americans are in disgust over the entire gay marriage ordeal.
No, you're disgusted, but most Americans are not.

You obviously are here to gay bash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
Obama and Congress had the green light from Americans to approve Civil Unions nationally before this Prop 8 ordeal, now Americans are against it.
What's your source on this? (besides your imagination?)

Old 12-27-2008, 08:34 PM

568 posts, read 1,479,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Civil unions had a chance to pass on a "National level"? Civil Unions were only allowed in a handful of states (east coast/west coast). I doubt that you would find serious discussion or approval of civil unions in alabama. On the contrary, polls have found that the rational discussion of legal same sex marriage has brought more ppl to side with it. As the older voters die over time, it is inevitable that marriage will be available for all Americans who seek its protections and responsibilities. There is nothing wrong with wanting to sit at the front of the bus.
We have something called a Congress and President to can pass laws that the states have to accept. Majority of Americans were ready for Civil Unions before hard head stubborn gays took the movement to the left.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What's your source on this? (besides your imagination?)
Before Prop 8

Polls: Gay civil unions favored - Same-Sex Marriage - MSNBC.com

Americans Reject Gay Marriage, Back Civil Unions: Angus Reid Global Monitor

Read up!

Old 12-27-2008, 08:41 PM

What? Those two articles are from 2004 and 2006. Where's the proof that Americans don't want civil unions now? That's what you claimed.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
No, you're disgusted, but most Americans are not.

You obviously are here to gay bash.

Gay bash? I voted against banning Civil Unions and Gay Marriage in the State of Florida. I may be against gay marriage, but I certainly believe it's not the State or Country's place to constitutionally ban it. I also believe that gays should be able to have the same benefits that marriage offers. Civil Union is the same as marriage except for the name.

Don't pretend you know me sir!

Old 12-27-2008, 08:43 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,044,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I must say..with all due respect..I do not believe the Bible is the place to be getting your morals from.
If we all followed the Bible, this world would be a much better place to live in. I'd rather get my moral directions from the Creator of the universe than animals or other humans.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
What? Those two articles are from 2004 and 2006. Where's the proof that Americans don't want civil unions now? That's what you claimed.

The State of Florida banning Civil Unions on Nov 4th 2008. The State of Florida has a huge gay population!

Old 12-27-2008, 08:45 PM

Let me help you. This is from a Newsweek poll taken earlier this month:

"Fifty-five percent of respondents favored legally sanctioned unions or partnerships, while only 39 percent supported marriage rights. Both figures are notably higher than in 2004, when 40 percent backed the former and 33 percent approved of the latter."

NEWSWEEK Poll: Support for Gay Marriage Grows | Newsweek Politics | Newsweek.com

Old 12-27-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Not at all. You must not be paying attention to the news. Most Americans are in favor of civil unions.
Yes I watch the news, and even on MSNBC I saw a report saying Americans were turning against Civil Unions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies