Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 09:59 AM

564 posts, read 1,727,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Normally I am not one to just support Israels actions. But this time they were well within their rights. After weeks of Palestinian rocket attacks they responded.
The Palestinians got exactly what they were asking for. These rocket attacks were not random militant actions. They were Hamas ordered attacks.
I agree that they were Hamas ordered attacks. And therefore Israel has a right to retaliate. Against Hamas. Not the Palestinians. This attack started around the time kids were let out of school in Gaza and the streets were pretty busy with civilians.

Israel never suceeds in getting the job done. In 2006, Israel and Hezbollah fought a bloody war. The result? Israel failed to get rid of Hezbollah, but rather managed to kill over 1,000 civilians in Lebanon. And these attacks weren't "accidents." Research the Marjayoun convoy "incident" where Israel asked inhabitants of Marjeyoun, a southern Lebanese town with a predominantely Christian population to leave the area because of clashes. As they were leaving, Israel airstriked the cars they left in killing 7. If that isn't clear civilian targetting, I don't know what is.

What about the Qana Massacres in 1996 and 2006? In 2006, Israelis attacked a community building filled with people hoping to avoid the bombardment and begging for safety. Israelis ended up killing 28 civilians, with about 16 being children. In 1996, Israelis hit a United Nations compound in Southern Lebanon where 800 Lebanese civilians, some of whom were South Lebanon Army (Israel's proxy militia in Lebanon) supporters. Israel shelled the building, killing 106 Lebanese civilians and wounding hundreds of others as well as UN staff.

Israel has a history of treating the Arabs as second class citizens. They don't care when they kill civilians. The Arabs are all the same to them.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:00 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Oh good lord... You mean the jihad that the Muslims have been waging on Israel for the past 60 years?
"The Muslims" have not been waging a "jihad" against Israel for 60 years.

The Palestinians, some of whom are Muslim, some Christian, some secular, some probably Buddhist for all you know--have been waging a war of national liberation against Israel for 60 years, that is, since Israel drove 700,000 of them off their lands at gunpoint. Without any distinctions being made between Muslims, Christians, secularists, etc. All their lands were stolen.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:03 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Against Hamas. Not the Palestinians.
One and the same.

Your list of atrocities by Israel is missing something; All those rocket attacks for years and all those homocide bombers who for years targeted Israeli CIVILIANS. Those don't count? Aren't worth mentioning in your long list of greivances?

Old 12-27-2008, 10:03 AM

4,500 posts, read 2,844,147 times
In the history book there is a country called Palestine..and Israel taked it by force .

There is no country called Israel in the history. Jews are living anywhere and everywhere on earth.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Some history concerning Irael's right to become a state, please note all of the nations that made the agreement from the year 1948 foreward. ::Israel and the 1948 War::
Israel was admitted to the UN on the condition that they repatriate all Arab refugees from the 1948-49 war. That is to say, the very people they intentionally drove out. Israel took its seat in the UN, and immediately reneged on their promise.

Quote:
They can't do that. the palestinians don't want peace, they want israel and jewish people wiped from the face of the earth. this is wrong.
Israel? Yes, because Israel is on their land. All the Jewish people? No, and no Palestinian leader has ever said any such thing.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
One and the same.
OK. So 9/11 is ok then, by your twisted illogic.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:06 AM

564 posts, read 1,727,141 times
Quote:
And, do you know why they don't? since you're an authority on the subject of immigration, you would know the answer to the question.
If the United States Government would have been enforcing present immigration laws, 9/11 attacks might never have happened. so, do you see why arabs living in israel DON'T have the same rights as an Israeli citizen? It's really not hard to figure out.
It goes back to them not being Jews, that's why. If Palestine isn't recognized, let the Israelis give the Palestinians rights, such as that to vote.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:07 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,119 times
Now you're putting words in my mouth. please stop feeding me the BS, I never said to kill arabs. I think the answer to Irael's problem is total victory. and, it wasn't jews who attacked us on 9/11, it was arabs, you know, the people who are supposed to be our allies? and, as long as I've been alive, and can remember, jewish people have always, always been our friends and allies, and they always will be. they have never attacked us. arabs our friends? some are, some are not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New-Mona View Post
Please we are talking now about Israel not ....9|11.

Do you think that that arabs are not your friends so Isreal must kill them!!

Old 12-27-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Now you're putting words in my mouth. please stop feeding me the BS, I never said to kill arabs. I think the answer to Irael's problem is total victory. and, it wasn't jews who attacked us on 9/11, it was arabs, you know, the people who are supposed to be our allies? and, as long as I've been alive, and can remember, jewish people have always, always been our friends and allies, and they always will be. they have never attacked us. arabs our friends? some are, some are not.
Ever heard of the USS Liberty? Ever heard of Jonathan Pollard? Ever heard of Robert Manning?

Old 12-27-2008, 10:10 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Hamas does not use civilians as targets. Tragically, they may be surrounded by them though seeing as Gaza as a small as a pebble and holds 1.5 million people in. You'd think Israel with its advanced technology could find an easier way to hit targets.
In June 2005, 8,000 Jewish residents of Gaza left their homes and properties and evacuated all of Gaza. Within 24 hours, Hamas forces moved into the vacated settlements firing rockets into civilian areas of Israel.

Hamas Children's Magazine Al-Fateh Encourages Terrorism, Glorifies Martyrdom

11-year-old in Gaza: "I am learning how to fight the Jews and kill Jewish children"

Nobody's hands are clean in this situation.
But how do you deal with someone who indoctrinates their children to fight their battles?
I suppose many Palestinian youth, because of their living situation, cannot even see tomorrow, and have no problem becoming martyrs.
I so wish that we could stop this horrific cycle of violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.