Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 10:24 PM

52,974 posts, read 34,809,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
Who says she didn't teach her? Maybe she did, but the girl didn't want to listen.

A parent can preach all day to their kids about drug use and it doesn't stop kids from doing drugs, why do you think sex is any different. Kids will be kids, and they can be rebellious sometimes.
do you suppose that Theliberalvoice would contend that al gore failed to teach his son about the hazards of drug abuse?

i think not

Quote:
The son of former Vice President Al Gore was arrested early Wednesday in Orange County on suspicion of possessing marijuana and prescription drugs, the latest in a series of incidents with law enforcement agencies in recent years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 10:31 PM

706 posts, read 1,244,345 times
Well of course he wouldn't as Al Gore is a Democrat.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:31 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,593,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
do you suppose that Theliberalvoice would contend that al gore failed to teach his son about the hazards of drug abuse?

i think not
Of course I admit it.

Unlike you guys, I will admit when something is wrong and cannot be denied. I can be persuaded by LOGIC and FACTS unlike you people who are so blinded by your "faith" and such!

Old 01-02-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Well of course he wouldn't as Al Gore is a Democrat.
LMAO!

And this is coming from the likes of YOU? Someone who could not even tell me how there is a "war on Christmas" but cries about it anyways? LOL. Just because someone is a Democrat does not make them right in my eyes. Stop seeing the world as one sided. It would be better that way.

You guys are so funny! Thanks for the laugh. I love proving you guys wrong.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
LMAO!
Just because someone is a Democrat does not make them right in my eyes. .

What about a gay democrat?

Old 01-02-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
What about a gay democrat?
I dont care if someone is gay. I am for gay marriage. Always have and always will be.

Why did you bring that up? Something wrong with being a gay democrat?

Old 01-02-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I dont care if someone is gay. I am for gay marriage. Always have and always will be.

Why did you bring that up? Something wrong with being a gay democrat?
No but it is usually the gay democrats that harp on Sarah Palin.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
No but it is usually the gay democrats that harp on Sarah Palin.
Because she shoves her religious viewpoints on people.

I do not care if she is personally against marriage but to deny it to people and be happy about it...well, I think it is common sense why!

It is common sense why gay democrats would not like Sarah Palin. Just like you guys might not like Barack Obama because he is pro choice. Same thing

Old 01-03-2009, 12:02 AM

I watched her TV interview and she seemed very reasonable to me, I didn't see her shoving anything onto us. Just because she disagrees with gay marriage, doesn't mean she don't have gay friends, nor does she mistreat gay people.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:19 AM

20,318 posts, read 37,308,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
That is true only if the kid resides on or near a tribal reservation that has Indian Health Services on it. I am 1/4th Osage and I cannot go to any hospital or doctor and get "free" medical services. I can however go to IHS in Osage County Oklahoma and get it if I wish (I don't)
True. It's about the same in Alaska. Most clinics are located in the towns or cities, so folk from some of the villages often have to travel to the city for dental or medical care. Some of the larger but isolated towns have their own medical center, but these are not very large. For big emergencies one must be taken to a city hospital. However, there is at least one large Native hospital in Anchorage, and a few smaller ones in the interior.

As a retired veteran, I could receive medical care at Vet. Hospitals, but it's more a hassle than not. But since I am still working (another job), I use my work insurance instead of the military one. Some of the students who work with me during the summer are Native, and use the local Native services offered in Fairbanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies