Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:24 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Because she shoves her religious viewpoints on people.

I do not care if she is personally against marriage but to deny it to people and be happy about it...well, I think it is common sense why!

It is common sense why gay democrats would not like Sarah Palin. Just like you guys might not like Barack Obama because he is pro choice. Same thing
When has Palin "shoved her religious viewpoints" on anybody? She is a politician, governor in this case, not a minister.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 12:32 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
I watched her TV interview and she seemed very reasonable to me, I didn't see her shoving anything onto us. Just because she disagrees with gay marriage, doesn't mean she don't have gay friends, nor does she mistreat gay people.
And you are very correct about that. See...unlike most places, in Alaska State workers who are living together with another person (regardless of sex) are allowed worker benefits to cover the other person. These benefits (health insurance, living quarters on campus, etc.) are paid for by the employee, and the rest by the State. It's the same for me in that I pay for the health coverage of my wife and dependent children. She does not agree with same-sex marriage, just like most Alaskans (including myself) don't, but still, she follows the laws of the State in relation to State workers.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:38 AM

706 posts, read 1,242,014 times
Thank you for that reasonable response RayinAK,

Old 01-03-2009, 12:59 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,025,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
When has Palin "shoved her religious viewpoints" on anybody? She is a politician, governor in this case, not a minister.
Don't you know that if someone dares to even speak about their religious convictions, they are "shoving their religion down others throats," at least according to the liberals?

Old 01-03-2009, 07:25 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,660 times
Quote:
Of course I admit it.

Unlike you guys, I will admit when something is wrong and cannot be denied. I can be persuaded by LOGIC and FACTS unlike you people who are so blinded by your "faith" and such!
As evidenced by your relentless rants about Christmas.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What alternative, to providing healthcare to those in need, are you suggesting?
I'd suggest that all you medical professionals, who are so concerned about the health of pregnant women, should open up a free clinic. You need to volunteer your time, money and other resources. Surely people in the medical field can afford to do this.

And to do anything less is hypocritical, right?

So... You DO work at least 20 hours per week at a free clinic, right? A clinic that provides free health care to every pregnant woman who wants it?

Old 01-03-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Because she shoves her religious viewpoints on people.

I do not care if she is personally against marriage but to deny it to people and be happy about it...well, I think it is common sense why!

It is common sense why gay democrats would not like Sarah Palin. Just like you guys might not like Barack Obama because he is pro choice. Same thing
I've read your rants here, and frankly, you do a LOT more shoving of your religious viewpoints on people than Sarah Palin ever has. If you weren't so blinded by your hatred of Christianity, you'd see that.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Don't you know that if someone dares to even speak about their religious convictions, they are "shoving their religion down others throats," at least according to the liberals?
Only if that person is a Christian.

If the person is a Muslim, or Wiccan, or Atheist (yes, atheism is a religion), it's viewed as something entirely different.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:20 AM

1,050 posts, read 3,527,269 times
[quote=jojajn;6808853]I thought this topic is worthy of its own thread.

Palin's 17 year old daughter just delivered a baby. She is not married.

I am wondering if the baby's healthcare is covered under Gov. Palin's health insurance provided by the tax payers of her state. Should Bristol marry the father, both Bristol and baby would lose this healthcare coverage.

I doubt that Bristol or the baby's father have the means to provide the health insurance themselves.

I wonder if Sarah Palin has reconsidered what she has done to other mothers and children without healthcare in her state.

Are we forgetting Obama's platform was for Universal Health Care.....paying for everyone's babies?

Old 01-03-2009, 11:53 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
I'd suggest that all you medical professionals, who are so concerned about the health of pregnant women, should open up a free clinic. You need to volunteer your time, money and other resources. Surely people in the medical field can afford to do this.

And to do anything less is hypocritical, right?

So... You DO work at least 20 hours per week at a free clinic, right? A clinic that provides free health care to every pregnant woman who wants it?
Filet, I am an anesthetist not an obstetrician. Not a need for anesthesia at a free clinic as surgery is out of the question there. Should I provide obstetric services, I would be in trouble quickly with the state accreditation board.

However, my place of emplyment is VERY generous with charity care. We often receive people who are very ill and denied care elsewhere. This is how I have learned about the plight of people without health insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies