Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:26 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I thought this topic is worthy of its own thread.

Palin's 17 year old daughter just delivered a baby. She is not married.

I am wondering if the baby's healthcare is covered under Gov. Palin's health insurance provided by the tax payers of her state. Should Bristol marry the father, both Bristol and baby would lose this healthcare coverage.

I doubt that Bristol or the baby's father have the means to provide the health insurance themselves.

I wonder if Sarah Palin has reconsidered what she has done to other mothers and children without healthcare in her state.

Palin, Protector of Children vs. Her Record | RHRealityCheck.org
I don't think so. I buy my work insurance (State), and this insurance does not cover my grandchildren, nor any of my adult sons and daughters. But it would cover my sons and daughters as long as they are full-time students to the age of 22 or so (I still have to pay for it). I have the option to buy additional coverage for anybody I want as long as it's not from my work insurance. It means that Palin can insure her grandchildren if she wants, but she would have to buy that insurance from another company, without any assistance from the State of Alaska.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
No doubt about it, this boy will get the best health care regardless! Even though Sarah Palin does not want to give all other women she wants to force to have babies health care either!

Thank GOD she is not anywhere near the White House!

Jan 20 2009! Barack Obama<3
I have no idea of what you are talking about. But the child can have health insurance if Palin wants it to be that way, except that she would have to pay for such an insurance. Now, if the kid was part Native (1/4, 1/2, 1.0), then he would be covered.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:31 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I didn't start this thread but I think it raises some interesting questions..for you can be sure the taxpayers of Alaska didn't figure on paying for the out of wedlock pregnancy incurred by Palin's uneducated daughter.
And you are making incredible ASSumptions about that.

Provide proof that the taxpayers of Alaska are footing the bill, or just admit that you're obsessing over the Palins in a sick sort of way.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
It just happened in the Palin family..no doubt because Bristol was not properly taught by her mother, who was too busy telling other people what to do, about the consequences of not using some sort of contraception.

I do agree on one thing..it might not have been a bad idea if Bristol had gotten an abortion.
It's not that simple, and you would know this if you had your own kids. In fact, I grew-up in a very Catholic family, but I still chased after girls any chance I got, without my parents my parents knowing about it. The girls would do the same thing in the middle of the night when her parents were asleep.

It does not matter what you teach your kids or not, because all depends on them when you are not around, and more than likely they follow their impulses when the time comes. Were you aver a kid?

Old 01-02-2009, 08:44 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I have no idea of what you are talking about. But the child can have health insurance if Palin wants it to be that way, except that she would have to pay for such an insurance. Now, if the kid was part Native (1/4, 1/2, 1.0), then he would be covered.
That is true only if the kid resides on or near a tribal reservation that has Indian Health Services on it. I am 1/4th Osage and I cannot go to any hospital or doctor and get "free" medical services. I can however go to IHS in Osage County Oklahoma and get it if I wish (I don't)

Old 01-02-2009, 08:45 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
That is true only if the kid resides on or near a tribal reservation that has Indian Health Services on it. I am 1/4th Osage and I cannot go to any hospital or doctor and get "free" medical services. I can however go to IHS in Osage County Oklahoma and get it if I wish (I don't)
This is a non issue in this case. Off topic

Old 01-02-2009, 09:06 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
This is a non issue in this case. Off topic
I didn't bring it up but it is not a total non issue because Todd Palin is part native and therefore Bristol and the baby would be part native too.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:46 PM

706 posts, read 1,242,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Agreed. If Palin would stop telling others what to do and teach her own daughter, some people might actually have respect for her.

Who says she didn't teach her? Maybe she did, but the girl didn't want to listen.

A parent can preach all day to their kids about drug use and it doesn't stop kids from doing drugs, why do you think sex is any different. Kids will be kids, and they can be rebellious sometimes.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:55 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
Who says she didn't teach her? Maybe she did, but the girl didn't want to listen.

A parent can preach all day to their kids about drug use and it doesn't stop kids from doing drugs, why do you think sex is any different. Kids will be kids, and they can be rebellious sometimes.
Agreed! Also, we must help provide a healthy pregnancy and baby by ensuring the proper medical care. These kids and their babies should not be punished through refusing to take humane care of them.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:59 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
So let's just throw more money at these kids who are piling stupid decisions on stupid decisions, shall we?

Let's give the pregnant girl free healthcare, but allow her to continue to go out drinking, smoking, doing drugs, and having sex with whomever comes along - regardless of how many STDs "mister walking penis" might have. After all, that free healthcare is going to guarantee a healthy baby.
What alternative, to providing healthcare to those in need, are you suggesting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies