Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2009, 09:54 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
We're getting the same questions over and over again. White Skin without a parent from another race means you're white!!!

Racial Break down

White
Black
Arab/Indian
Native Americans (including Eskimos,Incas, Mayans ETC)
Asian (not including Russians)
Arab
Geographically speaking, Algerians, Morrocans, Libyans, and Egyptians are Africans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 10:19 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Ummm.. Holy War, World War 1,2, The killing of the natives in the new world, The enslavement and racism toward blacks in Africa and around the world. Funding war in the Middle East and South America.. What the Japanese did to the Chinese was only to follow what Hilter did to the Jews. Europeans has always been the one in power and all of the Major Wars was caused by them or they had something to do with it.

Stop trying to make me look like a racist when History is on my side.
With all due respect, and I am not in any way trying to 'whitewash' Europeans tendency towards aggression .....but should you ever ask a Korean, Chinese, or Philipino what they think about the Japanese expansionist policies I highly doubt that the Japanese will be given a pass because Hitler came along a few years later.
The true nastiness of humanity lies in our capacity to kill and enslave one another. Genocide? Not invented by Europeans, and sadly it is still in force today....in Africa. And not to long ago in Croatia. Genocide was practiced by the Aztecs, and the Mayans as well as Celts and the Picts. Only then it was called survival of the fitest. Nice? No. But it was what it was in its historical context. Nowadays we know better -- or at least, most of the world does.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:23 PM

568 posts, read 1,478,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Wow! Just, WOW!!!!!

Holy War? Which one?

History is on your side? Your side of WHAT? Japan was carrying out the atrocities in China long before Hitler was even heard of.

Better go back to some reference books. And don't forget to note the dates, and who was actually involved.

As soon as you go back and brush up on all the atrocities cause by Europeans.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:24 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You have my admiration. I often think of the tragic story I heard of the two scientists (a Russian and a Czech) who were attacked and eaten by a pair of polar bears. The sow was 'run to ground' by the Soviet army, shot, and autopsied. In her stomach were found the Russian's shoes, wallet, and eyeglasses...leaving the concerned scientists with only one POSSIBLE conclusion...that "The Czech is In the Male".....

Tough people, those Czechs....
Well, seeing as how you are a 'Mac' I thought you might enjoy this one:

Three men walk into a bar: a Frenchman, an Italian and an Irishman. Each orders one beer. Three flys fly into the bar and one fly lands in each man's beer.

The Italian man plucks the fly out of his beer, says "tutto e bene" (all is well)" and drinks the beer.
The Frenchman shows his beer with the bug still inside it to the bartender and demands another beer.
The Irishman yanks the bug out of the beer, grabs it by it's wings, shakes it while yelling

"Cough it up, you wee theivin' bastard!"

Now, I am also of Irish, Scottish and English ancestry so I feel that I can say these things

Old 01-03-2009, 10:24 PM

568 posts, read 1,478,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
With all due respect, and I am not in any way trying to 'whitewash' Europeans tendency towards aggression .....but should you ever ask a Korean, Chinese, or Philipino what they think about the Japanese expansionist policies I highly doubt that the Japanese will be given a pass because Hitler came along a few years later.
The true nastiness of humanity lies in our capacity to kill and enslave one another. Genocide? Not invented by Europeans, and sadly it is still in force today....in Africa. And not to long ago in Croatia. Genocide was practiced by the Aztecs, and the Mayans as well as Celts and the Picts. Only then it was called survival of the fitest. Nice? No. But it was what it was in its historical context. Nowadays we know better -- or at least, most of the world does.

I agree.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:30 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times
Quote:
As soon as you go back and brush up on all the atrocities cause by Europeans.
Is that the best response you have, after having your argument about the Japanese "emulating Hitler" blown completely out of the water?

Really? Is that the best you've got?

Old 01-03-2009, 10:31 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
That is exactly right.

No one race or nationality invented war and brutality. And no one race is completely guilty or completely innocent.

The only people who think otherwise are those who are totally ignorant of world history.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:33 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
It's all a jumble, and no one really seems able to unscramble anything. We've got White, but then we need White, Non-Hispanic as well. And is it Hispanic or Latino? But wait, Latino is masculine, so that can't be right. Asians & Pacific Islanders? Catalina is an island in the Pacific. Barack Obama is not descended from African slaves, but Michelle Obama is. What does that make them...a black couple, an African-American couple? Who can tell, but why would it matter to anybody but a statistician? All of these classifications are invented so that statisticians can conveniently summarize data. The terms don't have any other significance, and the groups that they imply don't actually exist. The whole idea of it should just be taken with a grain of salt...
I totally agree. How about just using our primary race to describe us - the HUMAN race and cut out these useless labels. Sheesh!

Old 01-03-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
If you ask me, all this hyphenated-American stuff is phony sounding and divisive.
Yeah ... Let's just stick to being an American as this is our nationality.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Everybody has an ethnic heritage. For some people it's a bigger deal than for others.

I'm an English-German-Norwegian-Welsh-Swedish-American. And I expect to be referred to as such, thank you very much!
Can I just abbreviate that to EGNWSA???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies