Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:14 AM

358 posts, read 472,426 times

Advertisements

Constitutionally it is my understanding that the committee, (panel, commission, board?) certifies the vote count and winner, then if court action takes place the court can investigate and refer the situtation to the Senate with their findings and it is then up to Harry and the boys after that. No court has any authority to set aside the findings of the election committee. Nor can the court elimiate any of the voters. If that is the way it is then this thing is over except for the Coleman crying and Republican whining. I realize Franken is not perfect, but what man is. He is not under investigation as Coleman is you know. Too bad you folks in MI could not find the second coming to run for the Senate.

I will give you one John Cornin and raise you 1 Kay Bailey Hutchinson for one Franken

Am I missing something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 12:28 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
I lived in Minnesota for nearly 20 years. Franken isn't a fool, he's a creepy idiot.

What are his qualifications for being senator? Let's see...
- Caught cheating on his taxes, and forced to pay $75,000 in back taxes.
- Caught failing to pay Workers Comp insurance, and fined, plus had to pay back payments.
- Wrote dumb "comedy" skits for SNL.
- Wrote a dirty little smut column for Playboy.
- Wrote two nasty little hateful books, where he obsessed over Rush Limbaugh.

Yeah, the guy is definitely a genius! I'm glad I no longer live in Minnesota, and don't have to EVER get mistaken as somebody who had anything to do with him becoming Senator!
You failed to address any of his political stances?
Most people have probably done a bit of cheating on their taxes.
I haven't read the "smut column" in Playboy so I cannot comment, but seeing that Franken is a satirist and it was for Playboy, I would expect it to be somewhat off color. Rush Limbaugh is a freak, so it is curious to me and many others why that drug addict is so popular...But then again, look at the people that he is popular with. Most of SNL's skits are stupid and always were, so what? Everybody has skeletons in the closet, but I've heard Franken speak on the issues and he does seem to be for the average working guy, which is what this country needs...now more than ever.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:20 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You might not be posting here long enough to know that Fox News is referred to as Faux News and not taken very seriously.
Yeah ... Only liberal-slanted news sources are valid.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:25 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,069 times
Quote:
Can you explain why you think that Franken is a fool? What are his political stances that made you arrive at that opinion of him?
I was being kind in my description. Among other things over his lifetime he has acted the fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
I lived in Minnesota for nearly 20 years. Franken isn't a fool, he's a creepy idiot.

What are his qualifications for being senator? Let's see...
- Caught cheating on his taxes, and forced to pay $75,000 in back taxes.
- Caught failing to pay Workers Comp insurance, and fined, plus had to pay back payments.
- Wrote dumb "comedy" skits for SNL.
- Wrote a dirty little smut column for Playboy.
- Wrote two nasty little hateful books, where he obsessed over Rush Limbaugh.

Yeah, the guy is definitely a genius! I'm glad I no longer live in Minnesota, and don't have to EVER get mistaken as somebody who had anything to do with him becoming Senator!
Okay, 'creepy idiot' also works. Just didn't come immediately to mind.

Quote:
I haven't read the "smut column" in Playboy so I cannot comment, but seeing that Franken is a satirist and it was for Playboy, I would expect it to be somewhat off color. Rush Limbaugh is a freak, so it is curious to me and many others why that drug addict is so popular...But then again, look at the people that he is popular with. Most of SNL's skits are stupid and always were, so what? Everybody has skeletons in the closet, but I've heard Franken speak on the issues and he does seem to be for the average working guy, which is what this country needs...now more than ever.
I don't even care what his political stances are since he wasn't running in my state, but I am comfortable that I wouldn't agree with any of them.

But I'm one of those unusual people who actually believe that a person is accountable for their behavior leading up to the day they decided to run for public office. In my wildest dreams I never thought that Minnesota would even entertain the idea of this man representing them, let alone elect him. I still believe they didn't, but an awful lot of people did vote for him and for that is mind boggling.

Saying one is a satirist is the new copout. Another one is saying one is a comic. That's supposed to give you a pass on just about everything you do and say.

"Most everyone has done a bit of cheating on their taxes"???? Really!!! Well, this "everyone" hasn't and even if "most everyone" did, then it's okay? If "most everyone" lies, cheats and steals then it's okay?

FYI, Al Franken is NOT your "average working guy". Just a heads up on that. That's almost funny except that this individual is actually probably going to make it to the senate floor. Scary stuff.

I love the way you give him a pass on just about everything he's done simply because you heard a few speeches and he sounded like an average guy to you.

"When people show you who they are, believe them". (Maya Angelou)

Old 01-08-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Right, just like in Florida during Gore's run. I seem to remember you righties calling the dems a bunch of crybabys & to get on w/it. What, is it a different story when the shoe's on your foot now?
At least McCain didn't try the whole Obama stole the election crap that Gore did to Bush. I've seen many posters on CD, including myself, who were willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt and wished him well even though they did not vote for him. Not much crying from the "righties" from my perspective. I sure haven't heard the level of outrage over the Obama win as the liberals displayed BOTH times GWB got elected. Appearently, the "lefties" were too busy gloating over Obama's win to take notice.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
So a few well-spoken speeches mean more to you than a person's actions? Most politicians can bs a speech so voters need to look critically at things such as voting records, past actions, and character. If voters are only voting based upon political speeches then it's no wonder that our country is in the shape that it is in.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:44 PM

756 posts, read 1,882,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I cant believe he lost either, since alot of those votes that acorn found and other liberals groups found had alot of wrong dates on them or did not follow election laws here in minnesota.

take all those illegal votes out and see how frankenstien does then.

coleman shall contest them in court and the winner of MN state senate race might not be decided for months.

I also notice how alot of liberal senators congratulate frankenstein on his win, but I bet if it would be on the other foot, they would be screaming for a recount again and again.
Aww, want some french cries with that whine?

Old 01-08-2009, 03:13 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,337 times
Quote:
Fanken a satirist. Well, I guess! Setting the bar exceedingly low, huh? Quite an unfunny satirist, that one. Doesn't wit have to be a key ingredient in satire? Guess he didn't get the memo.

Rush Limbaush is a freak? Okay, you get to have your opinion. I doubt you've listened to him much. I hadn't heard his show for 10 years and last year started listening again....After that hilarious dust up he had with Dingey Harry Reid. Rush is brilliant, laugh out loud funny and pretty modest for all his success. That you make fun of his battle with an addiction to pain killers is quite telling. The left always makes excuses for their drunks, addicts, etc. but no sympathy for old Rush. Anyway, as a true conservative he dealt with his problem and doesn't go on and on about it. He doesn't see himself as a victim... a concept foreign to most libs.

And just to tickle your funny bone, I'll relate a particularly FUNNY bit Limbaugh did the other day re: Burris (sp?) not being seated in the Senate.

El Rushbo suggested Mr. Burris go to Denny's where they certainly WILL seat him and pronto!

Nearly peed myself with that one!

Oh, and before you and all your lefty friends on this board bother. I know, I know.

THAT WAS RACIST!

Nope, just funny satire.

Franken is a cheat and he will be exposed as such, I suspect.

And, no I don't believe most people cheat on their taxes. I don't. Some do. Most don't. Guess we know what category you are in.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:34 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
He got the idea from Gore in 2000.Franken stole the election.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:54 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
At least McCain didn't try the whole Obama stole the election crap that Gore did to Bush. I've seen many posters on CD, including myself, who were willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt and wished him well even though they did not vote for him. Not much crying from the "righties" from my perspective. I sure haven't heard the level of outrage over the Obama win as the liberals displayed BOTH times GWB got elected. Appearently, the "lefties" were too busy gloating over Obama's win to take notice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
So a few well-spoken speeches mean more to you than a person's actions? Most politicians can bs a speech so voters need to look critically at things such as voting records, past actions, and character. If voters are only voting based upon political speeches then it's no wonder that our country is in the shape that it is in.
Both absolutely great posts and so right on. I have to spread rep around before I can give you more so I'm cheering you here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies