Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 12:56 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallmarkJen View Post
Doesn't inbreeding produce homosexual offspring? All the gays in SF are from small towns across America. Are they the offspring of inbreds?
If you're joking, you should make that clear; otherwise, no one's going to take you seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 12:56 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's a weird mix of news and opinion. And the fact is that the police don't know who is responsible for the crime. No one was caught! So it's a little crazy to "report" that a certain category of people are responsible for a crime when no one has even been charged for the crime yet.
I agree that maybe we should not be rushing to blame a group of individuals until the perpetrators have been confirmed.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:22 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You mean the topic that alleges : "Gays vandalize" yet offers no evidence?
That was meant for everyone, sorry i directed it to you.

I agree there is NO evidence aside from church propoganda saying gay people did it.

Lets not fight about people obviously lying about their education. It's hardly worth the effort.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:27 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Quote:
Doesn't inbreeding produce homosexual offspring? All the gays in SF are from small towns across America. Are they the offspring of inbreds?

By the way, marrying of cousins is not permitted in WV or KY, but it is allowed by law in NY, NJ and CT where there are high concentrations of Hasidism.

So what does 2 gays having children make? STRAIGHT children!

Old 01-08-2009, 01:28 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
That was meant for everyone, sorry i directed it to you.

I agree there is NO evidence aside from church propoganda saying gay people did it.

Lets not fight about people obviously lying about their education. It's hardly worth the effort.

No problem, I just thought the lack of evidence to support the initial allegation pretty much opened it up.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:36 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneybenet View Post
In the wake of Proposition 8, innocent persons have been assaulted, churches have been vandalized, a white substance resembling anthrax was sent to the Knights of Columbus and to Mormon temples, supporters of traditional marriage have been branded Nazis, African Americans have been called the ‘N-word,’ houses and cars have been trashed, etc. Unfortunately, most of those in the gay community have been silent about these acts.

Catholic League: For Religious and Civil Rights (http://www.catholicleague.org/release.php?id=1538 - broken link)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
This is not an impartial news source. This is a religious news source. I believe the REAL news thanks. Not some church denoted crap.

I read the SF gate article. It doesnt use all this HYPERBOLE.

I agree and it would just as easy to write crap like that from the other side and it would just as full of hyperbole and manipulation of any "facts".
For example:

Quote:
In the wake of Proposition 8, lesbians have been raped by Christian thugs, innocent persons have been assaulted, peaceful protestors have been hit over the head with Bibles and Crucifixes, supporters of gay marriage have been branded perverts, threatened with violence and blackmail, houses and cars have been trashed, etc. Unfortunately, most of those in the Christan community have been silent about these acts.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:49 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
I certainly hope you're kidding... Oh, but "all the gays in SF" do not come from small towns, so even that part is silly. My gay roommate is from Los Angeles, and my other gay friends are from a variety of places - including Toronto, Cleveland, Miami, and a combination of other cities & towns. And believe it or not, some are even native San Franciscans!

Old 01-08-2009, 03:39 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
I never brought up the word "hate", you did. Why you bring up "intolerant" is beyond me, when I specifically said "I can tolerate them, but not accept them".
Uh....... hate to say it, but that would be the very definition of intolerance. Love has no limits or parameters, and neither does tolerance. That's fine if you don't want to tolerate certain people, as we all have a few of those! But don't give us some hypocritical line like "I tolerate them but don't accept them." That would be like saying "I'm fine with gay people, as long as they aren't acting gay." Just a glossed-over way to say you really don't want to be around them.

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-08-2009 at 03:48 PM..

Old 01-08-2009, 03:50 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Uh....... hate to say it, but that would be the very definition of intolerance. As my mother would say, love has no limits or parameters - and neither does tolerance. That's fine if you don't want to tolerate certain people, as we all have a few of those! But don't give us some hypocritical line like "I tolerate them but don't accept them." That would be like saying "I'm fine with gay people, as long as they aren't acting gay." Just a glossed-over way to say you really don't like being around people like them.
Tolerating someone means that you can co-exist peacefully with people you disagree with. Tolerating does not mean blind acceptance of someone. For example, many people may disagree with Christianity but are able to tolerate the beliefs of others without accepting those beliefs as truth.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:54 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Uh....... hate to say it, but that would be the very definition of intolerance. Love has no limits or parameters, and neither does tolerance. That's fine if you don't want to tolerate certain people, as we all have a few of those! But don't give us some hypocritical line like "I tolerate them but don't accept them." That would be like saying "I'm fine with gay people, as long as they aren't acting gay." Just a glossed-over way to say you really don't want to be around them.
I agree, and I sure wouldn't want to be friends with someone who says he can "tolerate gays, but not accept them". As a gay guy, I'd have to have really low self-esteem in order to "tolerate" being friends with someone like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies