Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:48 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Obama Youth Regiment
You mean like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 09:49 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Isn't it disgusting?

What I REALLY found and still find shocking that is if you say anything slightly negative about Obama, the world scoops down on you like a vulture. It doesn't even have to be negative, it can just be questioning anything about him. Sort of reminds me of the communist leaders of the past, death or imprisonment if you spoke anything bad about them.
I don't know if people on this forum are serious or just like to fight, but too many have a Hail Hitler attitude. Scary.
The "Heil Hitler" attitude was evident during the elections, I can STILL hear that b*tch Sarah Palin shrieking "He pals around with TERRORISTS"... and reading the commentary of the right wing blasted out through their faithful carriers, the mainstream media....

Old 01-11-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I get an upset stomach from sites like "newsbusters", the infantile level of partisan news reporting is not something I can just overlook.

The same, however, can not be said for MSNBC, further p[roving my point:

The truth does have a liberal "bias" and the more liberal you go on the "truth scale", the closer you actually get to the truth.
Then watch the videos contained within the links. They are from MSNBC. You should enjoy watching the video.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:50 AM

Actually, Obama did pal around with a terrorist. Even started his political career with him.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:56 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Actually, Obama did pal around with a terrorist. Even started his political career with him.

Keep drinking the Kool Aid, and I'll pass on "newsbusters", but thanks anyway

Old 01-11-2009, 10:01 AM

YouTube - Chris Mathews: My Job Is To Make Obama Presidency Successful
LiveLeak.com - Tavis Smiley of PBS: 'We're All Working For Barack Obama'
OK, you won't go to newsbusters to see an MSNBC video then here's two other video links to the exact same video I linked at newsbusters.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:36 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,347 times
It is true. You will remember

For the rest of your life you will remember exactly where you were and what you were doing when you realized that the time had come, that Barack Obama was the President of the United States

Old 01-11-2009, 10:46 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,882,143 times
The reference goes back to the Kennedy assasination. People tend to remember where they were when hearing such traumatic news as John F Kennedy has been shot. I myself was 2.5 years old and it is the first memory I can recollect. I was in my play pen as my house filled up with all the neighbor ladies screaming and yelling while watching Cronkite and the news develop on the TV.

If Obama is shot it might be a traumatic event to some but maybe not to others. Certainly not enough to warrant the kind of life changing memories of Kennedy's Camelot.

You might want to keep o-criminal out of Dallas

Old 01-11-2009, 10:49 AM

In my generation it was the space shuttle blowing up with the school teacher aboard. I was walking into my high school library and saw both librarians crying and then saw the replay of the shuttle blowing up. Obama elected president pales in comparison to such events. To me, it was just another presidential election. Went to bed before the returns were in.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:53 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,376,777 times
I want Obama and the Feds to succeed. I want the economy to get better, war to end, etc. I want the US to have peace and prosperity. I really do.

The mortage crisis is one part of the mess we are in today. How ironic is it that it may be that one of the people who helped create the current crisis is now the person who everyone is looking at to save the US? I say it may be because I was not involved so I don't know the facts firsthand for myself.

What I do say, is why was this matter so glossed over by most news stations during the campaign? Why were people who presented reports about Acorn and alleged Obama's ties to Acorn were called liars, radicals, etc.?

Go ahead, I put on my armor so throw your spears.

Quote:
.....financial meltdown lie in the Community Reinvestment Act .....CRA was meant to encourage banks to make loans to high-risk borrowers........ Any bank that wants to expand or merge with another has to show it has complied with CRA .........Banks already overexposed by these shaky loans were pushed still further .... when government-sponsored Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac began buying up their bad loans and offering them for sale on world markets. Fannie and Freddie acted in response to Clinton administration pressure to boost homeownership rates among minorities and the poor. .........ONE key pioneer of ACORN's ....... was Madeline Talbott ... 1990, .......first-ever state hearing to consider blocking a thrift merger for lack of compliance with CRA. The challenge was filed by ACORN, led by Talbott. Officials of Bell Federal Savings and Loan Association, her target, complained that ACORN pressure was undermining its ability to meet strict financial requirements it was obligated to uphold and protested being boxed into an "affirmative-action lending policy." .......Talbott featured in dozens of news stories about pressuring banks into higher-risk minority loans. ... Talbott announced plans to conduct demonstrations in the lobbies of area banks that refused to attend an ACORN-sponsored national bank "summit" in New York. ........pilot program ... Fannie Mae's message that risky loans to minorities were "OK" was sent. O'S DANGEROUS PALS - New York Post
Quote:
....... Obama ...community organizer in Chicago, Talbott .... asked him to train her personal staff. ... early '90s, just as Talbott was starting her pressure campaign on local banks. Chicago ACORN sought out Obama's legal services for a "motor voter" case and partnered with him on his 1992 "Project VOTE" registration drive. In those years, he also conducted leadership-training seminars for ACORN's up-and-coming organizers. .......leadership role at Chicago's Woods Fund, he became the most powerful voice on the foundation's board for supporting ACORN and other community organizers. In 1995, the Woods Fund substantially expanded its funding of community organizers - and Obama chaired the committee that urged and managed the shift. .......... MORE, the Obama-supervised Woods Fund report acknowledges the problem of getting donors and foundations to contribute to radical groups like ACORN - whose confrontational tactics often scare off even liberal donors and foundations. ........... The Woods Fund's claim to be "nonideological," it says, has "enabled the Trustees to make grants to organizations that use confrontational tactics against the business and government 'establishments' without undue risk of being criticized for partisanship." ........ The Woods Fund report makes it clear Obama was fully aware of the intimidation tactics used by ACORN's Madeline Talbott in her pioneering efforts to force banks to suspend their usual credit standards. ......as the leader of another charity, the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, Obama channeled more funding Talbott's way - ostensibly for education projects but surely supportive of ACORN's overall efforts.
In return, Talbott proudly announced her support of Obama's first campaign for state Senate, saying, "We accept and respect him as a kindred spirit, a fellow organizer." O'S DANGEROUS PALS - New York Post
Senator stealth: how to advance radical causes when no one's looking. - Free Online Library (http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Senator+stealth:+how+to+advance+radical+causes+whe n+no+one's+looking.-a0183491473 - broken link)
Planting Seeds of Disaster by Stanley Kurtz on National Review Online=
Michelle Malkin » How ACORN got a piece of the bailout pie
The Sordid History of ACORN and the Ties to the Financial Meltdown « Trust, But Verify
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies