Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:11 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavetoSay View Post
Here's some advice: turn off the TV; better yet, give it away. Save money on the cable bill. Give it to charity. You'll be a lot happier when you suddenly realize that the only problems you have to be concerned about are your immediate needs for that day.
I love that idea. It might even apply to our computers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 09:17 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I love that idea. It might even apply to our computers.
I don't agree with the part about the computers. These little gems may be our last line of defence against a government that has the ability to buy off the press and a press that sells its services combined with a voting public that, for the most part, really isn't all that swift.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I don't agree with the part about the computers. These little gems may be our last line of defence against a government that has the ability to buy off the press and a press that sells its services combined with a voting public that, for the most part, really isn't all that swift.
Yeah, but I'm thinking about all of the things we worry about because we read about them on the internet. As the poster was saying, if we only focused on the things that affected our everyday lives, we might have a better sense of well-being.

By the way, mo, are you from outside the U.S.? There have been a few times where I've noticed your spellings of certain words are not the usual American spellings. I'm just curious.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but I'm thinking about all of the things we worry about because we read about them on the internet. As the poster was saying, if we only focused on the things that affected our everyday lives, we might have a better sense of well-being.

By the way, mo, are you from outside the U.S.? There have been a few times where I've noticed your spellings of certain words are not the usual American spellings. I'm just curious.

Spelling is my blind spot. Sorry.

I'm not concerned about the normal stuff that happens all the time. I am however watchful of the government because we are so very close to the end and I need to look out for the young people in my life who won't always understand the more complex events that are now taking place. I'm still not 100% convinced that Obama is not the anti-Christ and things could happen very quickly. I would say this is no time to become complaisant or too trusting of the government. Reliable confirmable news is an asset that I would not want to try living without.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I am however watchful of the government because we are so very close to the end and I need to look out for the young people in my life who won't always understand the more complex events that are now taking place. I'm still not 100% convinced that Obama is not the anti-Christ and things could happen very quickly.
1. Why do you think we're "close to the end"?

2. Why do you think Obama is possibly "the anti-Christ"?

Old 01-12-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
1. Why do you think we're "close to the end"?

2. Why do you think Obama is possibly "the anti-Christ"?

“Learn this parable from the fig tree: Whenever its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near. So also you, when you see all these things, know that he is near, right at the door. I tell you the truth, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. Matthew 24:32-35

NETBible: Matthew 24

The end-time players have been assembling for some time now and the stage is set Jesus' return. I personally believe that Muhammad is not just a false prophet but the False Prophet. Believers I know expect the Harlot of Rev 17:6 to be the Roman Catholic Church. The Dome of the Rock is certainly, at least, a type of Abomination That Makes Desolate and serves as a marker in time that sets an accurate point for the prophesies of Daniel and John. I'm not sure if we'll see another one at some point in the future. For example, if the Jews rebuild the Temple on Mt. Moriah, an abomination that makes desolate could be set up within the temple. Some people are looking for that. The Nation of Israel being brought back into existence at the exact time she was supposed to in 1948 is a huge one along with the liberation of the Temple mount in 1967 following the Six Day War.

To put it in more practical terms, it is like driving from one major city to another at night. Once your on your way driving down the freeway you'll notice the highway gets more and more narrow and the traffic around you decreases until you are basically alone traveling down a two lane highway with radio stations dropping off one by one. If you were to stop and look around at that point, you may not see any reason to continue in the direction you're going. If you pull onto a side road to answer nature's call you might find even less reason to go in any one particular direction based on what you observe from looking at your surroundings. You may even see a highway sign from where you are, but if you aren't driving in the right direction on the highway, it won't make any sense. But if you are able to remember the direction you came from, you can at least get back to the freeway and see how things look once you get there. Now with the correct map in hand you can determine the direction you should go in. And even if you make a wrong turn, you can still reverse your direction. Once you are moving in the right direction on the correct highway those signs will be understood. You'll be able to confirm that you are moving in the right direction. As you get closer to your destination you'll begin to hear new radio stations and the road signs will further confirm that you made the right choice. The cross roads on the map will pass by and the distance left to go will be understood.

The Bible is the road map that we've been provided. If you are willing to get on the correct highway you'll also see the same signs and they will be understood. Nothing makes sense from the dirt road where you stopped to take a leak. It's too dark and featureless.

Bible Prophecy - Ellis Skolfield

http://www.fishhouseministries.com/p...hapters1-9.pdf

Mathematical Bible Prophecy

Mathematical Bible Prophecy

As far as Obama being the anti-Christ, a lot of people speculate as to who this individual may be. I don't know either, but I am watchful since I have seen the sign of the times. I know we are very close. Some people on this forum pointed out that the IL three digit was 666 the day after the election. While I know of no specific prophesy regarding lottery numbers, I am instructed to watch and be vigilant. So I pay attention to such things and the AZ three digit the following day, 777. To my understanding, it is an indication that my Lord wants me to take note of what is taking place with the election of Obama, the same person who some referred to as "the one" and "messiah", however tongue in cheek, during the election. To the people still out on the dirt road taking a leak, what I'm talking about is ridiculous. OK, whatever. All I can do is encourage them to come with me.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:20 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,485,000 times
The Mother Ship will be returning soon...it's just there, hiding behind that comet...

Old 01-12-2009, 10:52 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,024,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Isn't it disgusting?

It surprises me to hear people talk about how biased Fox was during the election campaign. Granted, some of the commentators were but found Fox to be the only news network that gave both sides of the coin during the campaign.

Thank heavens some sanity entered into the election forum and MSNBC (pressure from NBC?) got rid of Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann as anchors of the network's election coverage. Talk about extreme bias.

What I REALLY found and still find shocking that is if you say anything slightly negative about Obama, the world scoops down on you like a vulture. It doesn't even have to be negative, it can just be questioning anything about him. Sort of reminds me of the communist leaders of the past, death or imprisonment if you spoke anything bad about them.
I don't know if people on this forum are serious or just like to fight, but too many have a Hail Hitler attitude. Scary.
Journalism 101. All media has bias.
As per you get swooped down on if you say anything negative about Obama -- only the inane posts that question his birth place, his illegal auntie, all the shrill threads from whining neo-cons who drank too much of the sour grape kool-aid. He hasn't even started his term and they are still whining. I gave Bush a chance (voted for him 2000). People need to give him a chance. And I am not talking about Nobama, the Messiah, or whatever names people have given him. Get the drift? Make a smart thread you will get appropriate responses. Make a stupid thread and you are fair game. Its people getting annoyed at all the naysayers or the "victims". And if you look at the screen names of the most common naysayers you will see a pattern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies