Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Well, you could search "Sarah Obama" on Wiki. I once read an article that said there are no more mistakes in Wiki than in any other encyclopedia. Sorry I can't give you a citiation for that, but I think I read it in Newsweek. Anyone can make a youtube video too, and anyone can claim to be Sarah Obama. It's a two way street.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:58 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
You sound like the US should not allow or recognize any foreign laws. I thought the Liberals were were....well....more liberal than that, seeing as how you all care so much about our world image. I am sure we would be frowned upon by any country who's laws were not observed by the US.

That does worry you, right?
You did not answer the question.

"And the US State Department cares about the Indonesian rules because?????"

Old 02-23-2009, 10:59 AM

There is a difference between recognizing say, a legal marriage performed in Indonesia, and Indonesia granting citizenship to a US citizen. The US does not strip one's US citizenship because of that, unless one "renounces" one's US citizenship, which as a child, Obama could not have done.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:05 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,193,007 times
Quote:
I think a POTUS who refuses to allow his original BC and college records to be seen has something to hide or why would it be a problem.
When has he "refused" to do so after being legally ordered to do so? Anyone can be asked to do anything, but a request does not mean he must comply. People can demand all they want, but Obama has not "refused" anything. He has just as much right to his privacy as anyone else in this country. Thankfully, we have laws that protect our rights to personal privacy, though some people appear to want to stomp all over those in their rush to find another reason to trash Obama.

As I have said before, if he is ever legally ordered to release any documents he has not yet released, I am confident he will do so. I am equally confident that some people will simply never accept anything says or does.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:07 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
There is a difference between recognizing say, a legal marriage performed in Indonesia, and Indonesia granting citizenship to a US citizen. The US does not strip one's US citizenship because of that, unless one "renounces" one's US citizenship, which as a child, Obama could not have done.
But we are talking about his name. If they (Indonesia) legally recognized him as Barry Soetoro why would the US not recognize that. If they do where is the documentation where he changed his name to Onbama?

You see there are soooooooooo many unanswered questions that a few documents could clear up but, he wont allow it.

I at this point want him to be legit but I want to know that for sure. What is wrong with that?

I don't remember where we talked about past presidents setting precedent but, I found the article and here is the link (http://naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com/2008/12/05/president-chester-arthur-et-al-why-they-aren%E2%80%99t-precedent-for-obama%E2%80%99s-eligibility/ - broken link).

Old 02-23-2009, 11:11 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Default Tg

Quote:
Now you know that the online BC is just a copy and has been found to be fraudulent by not one, but two forensic document experts. You want us to believe it is the real deal but you won't believe the experts who say it is fake.
I've been in the "court" business long enough to know that one can hire "experts" who will be able to submit reports which say absolutely the opposite thing from each other. There are always at least two different opinions. What is the political affiliation of the two "experts" in this case? Why did they offer their services? How many other cases of this type have they worked on? What is their records regarding which side of cases they usually work for. There are mental health experts who almost ALWAYS evaluate and testify for the STATE in criminal cases, as well as mental health experts who almost ALWAYS evaluate and testify for the DEFENSE. Same is true in civil cases. Lawyers KNOW which way an "expert" leans, or if he/she leans at all!

I haven't looked at the credentials of the "experts" in this b/c argument in a long time. Last time I remember reading any of that stuff, the "expert" would not divulge his/her real name. Hmmmm. Makes it hard to verify the credentials, doesn't it?

Anyway, you are talking about the findings of "experts" for one side only. Even if there are two experts..........wonder who hired them......or how they benefited from their analysis? If they offered their services for free, why? Can't determine that unless we know who those two people are and can do a thorough PUBLIC RECORDS search for them.

Even though you clearly do not like to look at the background of the "messengers"..........it is absolutely necessary to do so in order to determine the credibility of the "messenger," Tg. You can't just take "anybody's" word for these kinds of things!

I go back to a dentist lawyer with medical malpractice claims against her!! A lawyer who, prior to this Obama case, has NEVER been hired for or given legal representation to anyone other than family members! Reputation does mean something in terms of one's credibility.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:16 AM

Nothing is wrong with having an "enquiring mind". However, there is no evidence that Obama used Soetoro in college. He graduated from high school as Obama. The other thing is that is is legal in the US to use any name you want as long as there is no intent to defraud anyone. Many kids in "blended" families use their step-father's last name w/o the parents legally changing their names.

President Ford was born Leslie King.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:16 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
You sound like the US should not allow or recognize any foreign laws. I thought the Liberals were were....well....more liberal than that, seeing as how you all care so much about our world image. I am sure we would be frowned upon by any country who's laws were not observed by the US.

That does worry you, right?
We don't recognize foreign laws. How foreign countries legislate and enforce their legislation is their business.

We recognize American laws. We recognize agreements we have with foreign countries in the case of deportation and such.

But no, it does not worry me that in America, American laws are enforced, and in France, French laws are enforced, and France couldn't care less about American laws and the US couldn't care less about French laws. Particularly when it comes to citizenship matters.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
I did not know there was more, there was no link given and again, I prefer to believe what I hear from the horses mouth because anyone can edit Wikipedia.

So anyone can edit Wikipedia, but Youtube is some sort of sacred fountain of truth???? LOL, anyone can post anything to Youtube, and they can edit it anyway they want as well. Youtube's credibility falls short of Wikipedia, especially since Wikipedia has taken real measures in terms of access. Anyone used to be able to edit Wikipedia, but currently edits have to pass through a screening process to assess accuracy and relevance.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I did not know there was more, there was no link given and again, I prefer to believe what I hear from the horses mouth because anyone can edit Wikipedia.
And here's a link from the Chicago Sun-Times. Not always the most sympathetic source of info on Obama. But it tells you AGAIN that Sarah Obama is not related by blood to Barack Obama.

SARAH OBAMA :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Obama Family Tree (http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/familytree/545459,BSX-News-wotreeu09.stng - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies