Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 10:58 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
Yes, screw polling data, exactly. He did what he thought was best.
What happened to standards? What happened to Accountability®? After eight years, we are supposed to let this all slide with a report card for a third-grader??? Tries hard. Works independently. A for Effort.

F for everything else, but we don't want to damage his self-esteem, so we'll leave all that part out? It all ends where it began...MISERABLE FAILURE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 11:04 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Here's a good piece from NPR on the moonscape that parts of WV now look like thanks to Bush's love affair with big coal. We can add this to his list of failures on the environment: Bush Administration Leaves Appalachia Scarred : NPR

Do you think that maybe american's love affair with those new "big screen" tv's and our ever expanding list of labor saving electrical devices could be partially reponsible for the scarring of west virgina ?

We need more electricity to run them, and true to form, we americans want electrical power in ever increasing amounts, but don't want our views spoiled by windmills, hate all that imported oil from all those disfunctional arab dictators....but don't want coal mining done in appalachia either.

Hey, I've got an idea, lets turn your tv off first and start there

Old 01-17-2009, 11:23 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Hate-mongers have done more negative than any president could ever do in ten life-times.
In other words, knowledge is evil? or is this a simply an allegory for 'sticks and stones'?

Old 01-17-2009, 11:25 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
Anyone who thinks that Obama (I voted for him myself...just so you know) will "cure" all these ills and all that ailes us is living in fantasy land.
not even loosely suggested. i'm content with a mere, subtle sense of dignity being restored to our executive office. what's up with your ilk and your dim witted false dichotomies? this isn't even a left/right issue, as burdell has already politely explained. what is it with all the defensive people. GW Bush is a douche. This [rather conservative] list examines why. Rather than glossing over it or ignoring the hard [unprecedented] work that has gone into researching, examining, and compiling such a list and further, making a rather silly sub argument about 'right vs. left' and all that crap... how about examining some of the specifics and explaining what you feel... is a success, and not a failure.

Last edited by tekka-maki; 01-17-2009 at 11:34 AM..

Old 01-17-2009, 12:32 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
not even loosely suggested. i'm content with a mere, subtle sense of dignity being restored to our executive office. what's up with your ilk and your dim witted false dichotomies? this isn't even a left/right issue, as burdell has already politely explained. what is it with all the defensive people. GW Bush is a douche. This [rather conservative] list examines why. Rather than glossing over it or ignoring the hard [unprecedented] work that has gone into researching, examining, and compiling such a list and further, making a rather silly sub argument about 'right vs. left' and all that crap... how about examining some of the specifics and explaining what you feel... is a success, and not a failure.

Wow, where to start Considering that "those of my ilk" and "dimwitted" were used to characterize me....it's quite possible that nobody will even read or care about what I or many other americans feel about this matter.

I did mention that I voted for Obama right ? So I'm not quite sure what "ilk" you were referring to. Was the fact that I was dimwitten enough to vote for Obama what your're refering to ? I happen to think he is the right person for the job as did many other liberals, middle of the roaders, and conservatives as well.

If you check out some of my other posts (go for it) I've tried to keep things civil and yet put my opinion out there.

My point in my original post was that implied in a list of bushII failures brought out by someone who is obviously not someone who likes bush II (not that it's hard to be anti-bush the past few years), is the subtle idea that someone else would have solved most of these issues rather than failed at them.

I've seen politicians campaign for more years than I care to admit and they always seem to promise more than they can deliver. Obama (remember now, I did vote for him so I am NOT anti-Obama) and some of his aides are already backtracking and "qualifying" on some of his promises made during the campaign.

Campaign promises are kind of like warranties on products we buy. Warrenties are made to sell products, not fix them. The big print on the warranty card says it's warrentied for 5 full years. The fine print says they will only fix it if it broke on the second tuesday of the month during an odd year under a full moon. But I digress....

If we all assume Obama will be able to accomplish everything he's promised and fix all our problems (as some do obviously) we're going to be in for another disappointment in 4 or 8 years.

That, was all I was trying to impart in my original post....in my own dimwitted way.....but that is the way those of my "ilk" think unfortunately.....I guess you're surrounded by idiots

Old 01-17-2009, 01:01 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
What happened to standards? What happened to Accountability®? After eight years, we are supposed to let this all slide with a report card for a third-grader??? Tries hard. Works independently. A for Effort.

F for everything else, but we don't want to damage his self-esteem, so we'll leave all that part out? It all ends where it began...MISERABLE FAILURE.
Of course. Because he had an R next to his name.

You're boring me.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:53 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Of course. Because he had an R next to his name. You're boring me.
I wasn't exactly expecting to rouse any flourish of intellectual activity on your end. It's nice to aim high, but not for the impossible. Meanwhile, Bushie's failures fall directly on his own head. He screwed up. His people screwed up. This entire administration screwed up, and they did so from start to finish. Nobody to blame but themselves. They don't get a pass for having tried hard. They failed. Over and over again. Period.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
I wasn't exactly expecting to rouse any flourish of intellectual activity on your end. It's nice to aim high, but not for the impossible. Meanwhile, Bushie's failures fall directly on his own head. He screwed up. His people screwed up. This entire administration screwed up, and they did so from start to finish. Nobody to blame but themselves. They don't get a pass for having tried hard. They failed. Over and over again. Period.
Bingo. And with a lot of help from both sides of the aisle.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:04 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,060,396 times
...as of today...if some people still believe that W was a Great President...God help them!

Old 01-17-2009, 02:10 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
There is no way Bush could have done anything to appease the left. Not after the 2000 election.
So why did he have a 90% approval rating after 9/11?

I don't consider myself part of the "left", but I would've been relatively satisfied if he'd merely not spent a trillion dollars and six years invading and occupying the wrong country.

FYI, I voted Libertarian in 2000 but thought Bush was better than Gore. I was not at all disposed to hate Bush when he was elected. But oh lord, how I hate him now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies