Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 08:45 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,786,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Are you f***ing kidding me?

You might be doing better today compared to eight years ago, but the vast majority of Americans are doing worse. Wake up.
I too am doing better today, maybe because I have been financially responsible unlike so many who instead of blaming the government need to look at what they are doing wrong financially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 08:48 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,453,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post
I too am doing better today, maybe because I have been financially responsible unlike so many who instead of blaming the government need to look at what they are doing wrong financially.

Who is blaming the government? Bushco and GREED got us into this mess.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:49 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,997,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
That was my post and I was not kidding and every word was true. You may speak for yourself and thankfully I can at this minute speak for myself. I know the Obama people do not like it that we conservative people still have the right to do that but right this minute we can, so I took the opportunity to do it. Sorry you don't like it.
No, that was not the truth.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:53 PM

540 posts, read 630,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Who is blaming the government? Bushco and GREED got us into this mess.
Wrong. Frank, Pelosi, Dodd, Shumer, et al got you into this mess. The nest ans the mess will grow and grow as now I look int my crystal ball and I see a huge global nest of little chirping birds with their mouths open squealing feed me, feed me, clothe me, shelter me, give me my meds. "Work, wait a minute, he keeps talking about work, I'm just startin to notice this word work showin up in a lot of his speeches, work ...what the hell?"

Old 01-20-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
And, BTW, that really is the republican agenda. Money and how well you are doing. Screw the country and your fellow man. As long as YOU are okay the world is good.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:55 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
No, that was not the truth.
Well, I am sure your know my business better than I do. LOL

Old 01-20-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Good for you.

I'm doing better too, but the numbers don't lie. Most people are doing worse. They're stock portfolio's and 401k's aren't what they used to be. Many homes are losing value, unemployment is way too high, and it's obviously difficult to get loans.

I think a lot of Americans were responsible, but just ran into some bad luck. You might too someday.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schtyk View Post
Wrong. Frank, Pelosi, Dodd, Shumer, et al got you into this mess. The nest ans the mess will grow and grow as now I look int my crystal ball and I see a huge global nest of little chirping birds with their mouths open squealing feed me, feed me, clothe me, shelter me, give me my meds. "Work, wait a minute, he keeps talking about work, I'm just startin to notice this word work showin up in a lot of his speeches, work ...what the hell?"
Aha, and just who has been the COC? You can't it both ways, you know. You can't claim we've been "safe" due to Bush and blame our economy on someone else. But it is oh so convenient for your ilk.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Well, I am sure your know my business better than I do. LOL
You said that Bush made our country safer and was good for our economy. That is untrue.

This has nothing to do with your personal business. I don't care.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:59 PM

540 posts, read 630,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Aha, and just who has been the COC? You can't it both ways, you know. You can't claim we've been "safe" due to Bush and blame our economy on someone else. But it is oh so convenient for your ilk.

It is a matter of record sir. I can claim both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies