Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:58 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Ambivalence View Post
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][color=darkslategray]President Bush was elected twice over formidable candidates each time. His popularity was high throughout his first term and well into the third year of his second term.
Nice rewrite of history. The third year of his second term was 2007. By the spring of 2006 his approval rating was in the low 30s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 08:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i agree i think the pharmacy mail in program was one of the most successful and easy to use programs that has ever been created for the elderly. the man is a sheer genius, i dont understand why the american people are so angry or did not vote for his replacement mccain. what is wrong with these people.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:03 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,784,470 times
What I find funny is how so many place so much blame for what is wrong on President Bush, but forget there is also a Senate and Congress who by the way supported the Operation Iraqi Freedom. No one is perfect and neither is any President. For those that have so much hate towards President Bush I hope your passion for America is also stronger enough to do something about the your Senator and Congressman or Congresswoman who are failing you.

I too thank President Bush for his service to the nation.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:07 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,461,458 times
The problem is that the Dems didn't call Cheney's bluff on his bogus intelligence on Iraq. The question is why. The leverage that Cheney used is therefore still in play for the next guy who wants to use it. Think about it.

One thing that is significant, IMO, is that Rumsfeld and Cheney helped to bring about the (mostly complete) militarization of the intelligence function. Very dangerous development, IMO. This is part of the leverage that I'm talking about.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:13 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
The families of a million dead civillians killed by you, curse you, and speed you farewell, to Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!
I presume you are directing this at Bush. Actually, I think a stop at the Hague prior to Hell might be in order.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:13 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Here's a graph of his pathetic approval scores over his term.

Notice the high numbers as American's drank the koolaid at the start of the Iraq War.

http://pollkatz.homestead.com/files/...8_image001.gif

Old 01-20-2009, 08:18 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post
What I find funny is how so many place so much blame for what is wrong on President Bush, but forget there is also a Senate and Congress who by the way supported the Operation Iraqi Freedom. No one is perfect and neither is any President. For those that have so much hate towards President Bush I hope your passion for America is also stronger enough to do something about the your Senator and Congressman or Congresswoman who are failing you.

I too thank President Bush for his service to the nation.
I believe thats what we have been doing the last two election cycles!

Old 01-20-2009, 08:20 PM

[quote=Kalbo;7092762]What I find funny is how so many place so much blame for what is wrong on President Bush, but forget there is also a Senate and Congress who by the way supported the Operation Iraqi Freedom. No one is perfect and neither is any President. For those that have so much hate towards President Bush I hope your passion for America is also stronger enough to do something about the your Senator and Congressman or Congresswoman who are failing you.

I too thank President Bush for his service to the nation.[/QUOTE]

Service my arse. He disgraced this country and has brought us to the brink of ruin. He gets accolades for this?

Old 01-20-2009, 08:20 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
The man had some of the hardest things to deal with as President and did a damn good job. I would love to know what all those bashing him would have done. It is easy to sit back and complain when you are NOT the one making the decisions. The man deserves respect and he is NOT the worst President we have ever had. God Bless you President Bush and THANK YOU for your service to our country which is more then I can say for those complaining about you.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
The man had some of the hardest things to deal with as President and did a damn good job. I would love to know what all those bashing him would have done. It is easy to sit back and complain when you are NOT the one making the decisions. The man deserves respect and he is NOT the worst President we have ever had. God Bless you President Bush and THANK YOU for your service to our country which is more then I can say for those complaining about you.
Anyone who cast their vote for Barack Obama did more in the way of service for this country than Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies