Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:46 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaschic View Post
Did we leave America and not know it?? The united State of America wa founded on God & Biblical principles...(not the Koran) Why can't some just accept that. Even if you don't believe in God why do you feel threatened that others do??????

It's funny you should mention that... I was watching a documentary last night (I believe it was the History Channel) that was about the FreeMasons. Quite interesting and not all about the 'conspiracies' that most of those shows were about. They had NUMEROUS professors/teachers/historians etc. from many branches of research say without question that the US was NOT founded on biblical principles, but rather COMMON moral principles that we would realize were important regardless of what the bible said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 12:05 PM

88 posts, read 179,590 times
So... we should believe a few teachers & historians that belonged to a secret society over historical evidence?

That's pretty funny considering that their first chapter in the US didn't even form until after the American Revolution.

"the US was NOT founded on biblical principles, but rather COMMON moral principles that we would realize were important regardless of what the bible said."
Common moral principles are found in the .....ummm....Bible.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:53 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
So... we should believe a few teachers & historians that belonged to a secret society over historical evidence?

That's pretty funny considering that their first chapter in the US didn't even form until after the American Revolution.

"the US was NOT founded on biblical principles, but rather COMMON moral principles that we would realize were important regardless of what the bible said."
Common moral principles are found in the .....ummm....Bible.

Actually, morality predates the bible. If you honestly need a book to tell you what is right and wrong, I would question your ability to do anything else as well.

The people in the documentary were historians that were NOT members of a 'secret society', in fact, most of the people interviewed were strict scholars. There was also a 33rd degree Mason that was interviewed along with the numerous historians that studied the founding of the US and YES I trust them far more than a book filled with fairy tales.

http://www.history.com/shows.do?acti...isodeId=396942
that's the episode that I watched. Very interesting stuff.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:41 PM

[quote=JetJockey;7136784]Actually, morality predates the bible. If you honestly need a book to tell you what is right and wrong, I would question your ability to do anything else as well.

The people in the documentary were historians that were NOT members of a 'secret society', in fact, most of the people interviewed were strict scholars. There was also a 33rd degree Mason that was interviewed along with the numerous historians that studied the founding of the US and YES I trust them far more than a book filled with fairy tales.

well I never said that I need a book to tell me what's right or wrong.... my concience does that just fine.... but if I happen to use the bible as a guideline then that's my right and I'm not going to apologize to you or anyone else if that offends you.

if you want to entrust your history to a bunch of guys known for their dishonesty and secretiveness then hey... go for it... and good luck with that!

Old 01-23-2009, 05:08 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,486,551 times
Quote:
Did we leave America and not know it?? The united State of America wa founded on God & Biblical principles...(not the Koran) Why can't some just accept that. Even if you don't believe in God why do you feel threatened that others do??????
If the United States of America was "founded on God and Biblical principles", surely you can point out one of the many references to God and the Bible in the Constitution (i.e. our founding document), right?

Old 01-23-2009, 05:10 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,486,551 times
Quote:
if you want to entrust your history to a bunch of guys known for their dishonesty and secretiveness then hey... go for it... and good luck with that!
Are you actually capable of reading a paragraph and understanding the meaning of it? You don't appear so. You already made the stupid inference once that the documentary was produced by Masons, you were corrected, and now you are repeating it.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Are you actually capable of reading a paragraph and understanding the meaning of it? You don't appear so. You already made the stupid inference once that the documentary was produced by Masons, you were corrected, and now you are repeating it.
are you capable of reading at all? if you go back and READ the posts you will see that i never implied that the documentary was produced by masons... good grief... it's like talking to a bunch of 2 year olds.

the original post about masons did not clarify that the teachers/historians/prof. were not masons; therefore one must assume that they were as they were in a documentary about masons.... ugh.

now, you can get ur blankie & go back to bed now as you seem a bit cranky.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:46 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
If the United States of America was "founded on God and Biblical principles", surely you can point out one of the many references to God and the Bible in the Constitution (i.e. our founding document), right?
the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

Old 01-24-2009, 12:56 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,526,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness
Where does it say that it is the Christian God of the Bible that is being alluded to in these statements? For all you know, they could have been alluding to Zeus.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:12 PM

512 posts, read 712,809 times
Quote:
are you capable of reading at all? if you go back and READ the posts you will see that i never implied that the documentary was produced by masons... good grief... it's like talking to a bunch of 2 year olds.
I believe you said:
Quote:
if you want to entrust your history to a bunch of guys known for their dishonesty and secretiveness then hey... go for it... and good luck with that!"
Do you consider historians to be particularly dishonest and secretive. Surely you must be talking about those sneaky scholars. It's pretty obvious you were talking about the Masons. Just own up.

Quote:
the original post about masons did not clarify that the teachers/historians/prof. were not masons; therefore one must assume that they were as they were in a documentary about masons.... ugh.
That is a pretty simple conclusion to come to. I tend to notice that the History Channel has a variety of scholars on their programs. That kind of simple concrete thought is something you might see in, well, a two year old. You must be a product of "No Child Left Behind"

The United States was not found on Christian morals. Morality is something that we have developed through evolution. Let me repeat that for you EVOLUTION. Ok now that we have that established you can pick up any history book and find that our founding fathers were very intent on having a SECULAR government. You can practice whatever beliefs you want, but you don't have the monopoly on morality, and your religion has been dragging down progress since the middle ages. Why would we want our country based on that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies