Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 01:18 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever heard of the white car phenomanon? It is when after you purchase a white care all you see driving is a white car (any color really). It isn't that there are suddenly more white cars out there, just that you are more sensitive to them now.
Same goes with politics only add in some rabid partisanship. The reps will complain about the negative attention given W (and not just for policy, but for his accent and ears -- monkey boy ring a bell?) and the dems will say the same about Obama. It is the nature of the beast, and frankly I do find it funny to watch people get so damn hypervigilant when it comes to 'their guy' or 'their party' while simultaneously bashing unfairly the other guy and the other party.
I don't see many red houses or blue houses on C-D, but I do see a hell of a lot of glass houses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 01:20 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I would see it the other way, Republican President's are more scrutinized. The liberal bias of the media shows this time and time again.

IF that were true Reagan would've surely been impeached for complicity in the treasonous act of arming an enemy. He instead sketed with a triumph of style over substance.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Clinton was impeached for obstruction of justice and perjury not because he he had a little fun with Monica. Not that I care what he did but facts is facts

His philandering shouldn't have become a public issue in the first place.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:25 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,663,754 times
I hope Bush is found guilty of criminal charges as he should be! It was time in 09 to really bash and put down the repugs! Yes we did!

Old 01-22-2009, 01:36 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
His philandering shouldn't have become a public issue in the first place.
He should have thought about that ahead of time and if he is going to cheat on his wife, imagine what he would do to the people he doesn't even know.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:43 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,033,195 times
Quote:
He should have thought about that ahead of time and if he is going to cheat on his wife, imagine what he would do to the people he doesn't even know.
Perhaps Bush should have thought ahead of time before squandering the presidency for profits and revenge at the expense of death and a huge recession?

Now, between Clinton and Bush, which president's acts actually had to do with the presidency? And, which president actually was impeached because of his acts?

It would make sense if the answer to both questions was the same president, but it just isn't so.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Perhaps Bush should have thought ahead of time before squandering the presidency for profits and revenge at the expense of death and a huge recession?

Now, between Clinton and Bush, which president's acts actually had to do with the presidency? And, which president actually was impeached because of his acts?
Who was the "poll President"? Who basically dismantled the intelligence community, undermined the military and basically did nothing while in office for 8 years except for make a mockery of it? Whose legacy will be how many skirts he chased in office? I will take a leader with convictions over that any day.

Blame the recession on the Democrats too.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:

Would do? What DID he do that was impeachable?

I'm not defending adultery, I don't believe in it but.....................I will believe to my dying day that conveniently forgetting selling weapons to an enemy is FAR more serious in the great scheme of things than lying about a sexual dalliance yet the consequences could hardly be more different in our recent history.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:49 PM

He lied under oath - DUH!!

Old 01-22-2009, 01:55 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,033,195 times
Quote:
He lied under oath - DUH!!
So lying about something completely irrelevant to the presidency is more impeachable than lying in order to start a war?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies