Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 02:35 PM

513 posts, read 647,212 times

Advertisements

To Blondie,

In regards to Iraq where should we have fought the bad guys? It's better to deal with them on their on turf than in our streets. Do you think those bad guys just gave up? Why do you think Obama and Bush need as much security as they do? There were thousands of military troops and cops to protect Bush and Obama which is a good thing. Obama plans on sending more troops to Afghanistan and possibly open a front in Iran and Pakistan. Which would probably be a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 02:38 PM

To Blondie,

So you support a man sleeping around on his wife then?

Do you realize foreign intelligence ALWAYS snoop out a President's vices and then try to use what they found to blackmail him? Is that a good thing? It's extremely dangerous to for that to happen. You should want you President to be of good character, your welfare and that of your kids depend on it.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:50 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,035,466 times
ANOTHER one of these treads?

Fine.

The president is a role model; a trend setter of sorts, and should not behave so poorly while in office. Even worse was the fact that Hillary forgave him so quickly and so easily, that really sends a message (that it had happened before, or that she lacks a sense of morality). If what Clinton did was fine, I suppose Nixon was right for his actions as well?

Also, it is all a matter of perspective. Democratic presidents don't get scrutinized much at all after the elections are over. What media outlet is really 'scrutinizing' him in a negative light? Even FOX has come around to praising him on a lot of things. Look at how many people support him and check out his transition approval ratings.

Take that, and compare it with the year 2000. The Democrats whined so much after that election that a lot of people turned their backs on the party. The same happened after 9/11 and the folks preaching that it was an inside job. It wasn't until after the 2004 election that the Democrats stepped up their attacks on the Republicans at a personal level, and began portraying Bush as the worst president in existence. I suppose it was their way at getting back at him for winning in 2000 and 2004.

Of course, in the world of the Left, when Republicans win, it is a 'stolen' election, when Democrats win, it is 'fair'. It seems like most Republicans (myself included) have already submitted to supporting Obama, but the fact that his moonbat supporters are against this sort of thing sickens me.

And stop using editorial commentary as the basis for an entire party's beliefs. You make yourself look incredibly stupid by doing so.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:52 PM

383 posts, read 641,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I agree, what does sex have to do with being president? All men have sex! If they do'nt there is something wrong with them. I guess that is why Bush went nuts!
I have a tendency of frowning on it in the White House on our dime. But hey, you must work for some cool bosses in order to have a quickie in the break room on company time! Kudos to you and your company.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:57 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Clinton went through impeachment for a legal act that had nothing to do with presidency.

Bush justified a war with lies and ended up with 20% rating approval, both directly related to the presidency, and yet was not impeached.

Obama gets into office and the first day is criticized for not being uptight about jackets in the oval office, for not receiving a medal, for his wife's dresses...
Obama was criticized for every single association he had in his life, but I don't remember hearing much about things like Ted Haggard calling in to give Bush spiritual guidance every week. And the funny stuff you heard from the audience at McCain's rallies....
Must be that damned liberal media.
Couldn't have anything to do with Scaife, Limbaugh & Reilly, could it?

Old 01-22-2009, 03:01 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,414,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Are you kidding me? What filter are you looking through? There's an Obama lovefest going on. The left leaning press is only interested in reporting on what Michelle wears, and how the Bush-appointed judge screwed up the oath.
Just stay tuned as Obama attempts to implement all his campaign promises, and as he finds out there ain't no "easy button". I really had to laugh during the inaugeral speech at what the Bush's must have been thinking..as if one only needed to recognize a need in order to fix it.

+1 The only thing I could possibly add to this is that NOT ALL of the Obama voters are so clueless that they will not see this guy for the fraud (and a stupid fraud at that) he really is. I predict he's a 1-term president just like Carter... and easily as big a boob.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:05 PM

Why does Obama need 3 law firms to hide a $10 birth certificate?

Funny, how if this were Reagan, we'd never hear the end of it.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:09 PM

By the way Aging Hippy,

Thanks to the new administration your health care will probably be rationed - meaning if the cost benefit analysis isn't your favor you don't get medical help! Check out his new upcomming Pro-Euthanasia and medical plan. Remember, you must serve and what better way to serve than relinquish your right to medical care - it's for the children! The jokes on you!

Old 01-22-2009, 03:19 PM

877 posts, read 2,077,764 times
Quote:
Clinton went through impeachment for a legal act that had nothing to do with presidency.
Perjury is a legal act?

Sweet! Next time I'm in court I'll just tell the judge that I don't need to tell the truth, because some guy on the internet says that perjury is legal.

You also think that Scooter Libby was improperly indicted, right?

Old 01-22-2009, 03:24 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,233,789 times
Quote:
I guess I should have been more clear. I'm talking about the style of criticism. The criticism against lefts is often more petty and irrelevant, yet gets taken to extremes, while the criticism against rights is more relevant but doesn't go as far.
Yeah, right... whatever floats the goodship lollipop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies