Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 11:32 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,371,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I heard this morning that Obama has never even been to Chicago, and KKKarl Rove said today that if President Obama would call off Mr. Conyers, he would be happy to prove it.

Nothing Rove says surprises me, but did we not just have an election?

Quote:
" Mr. Obama and a team of senior advisers spent Friday morning in Chicago planning the next few weeks. In addition to presenting his economic policies "
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/08/us...gewanted=print
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 11:32 AM

172 posts, read 279,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Going to war on false pretenses is just enough for me, but there is a whole long list of other things.

It won't really matter to get into those things again. Christains don't see anything wrong with going to war to kill people when there is not enough evidence to validate it.
Going to war under fasle pretenses? This implies that Bush knew there were actually no weapon's of mass destruction. You can't say whether or not Bush knew this so please provide facts. We know for sure Iraq had them in the past. Personally, I'm not naive enough to think that They didn't ship them all of to Syria or Iran knowing what was coming. This is just my opinion of course.

To the latter part of your argument....

Many Christians will argue that if people are suffering and that if we have the means to help those people than we are morally obligated to do so. To say that people in Iraq weren't suffering under the rule of an oppressive tyrant would certainly be foolish.... The torure Sadam provided is well documented.

Provide details that prove you know what Bush was thinking when he decided to invade Iraq please....

And, for the record I was strongly opposed to the war in Iraq and am in agreement those who have said that it was the wrong war at the wrong time. However, as we watch events unfold there now I see a country with a very bright future and believe that the Iraqi's will have a much improved quality of life as Iraq continues to stabilize. Our Presidents make difficult decisions and are ultimately judged by history, so I hold off on being so harsh on President Bush for now. I give Mr. Obama the same courtesy.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
If you have been asleep for eight years, you have alot of catching up to do. I'd start by going over to the NYT site and reading all of Maureen Dowd's back columns.

In the meantime, I heard this morning that Obama has never even been to Chicago, and KKKarl Rove said today that if President Obama would call off Mr. Conyers, he would be happy to prove it.

Asleep? Hardly. My opinion's are fact based and I see all sides. It's easy to do when you aren't stuck leaning so far to the left that you can't see straight. I also put little stock in what the NYT writes. Easily one of the most biased and liberal publication's in the country.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:37 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,936,337 times
^wow, just wow. So you are saying it is OK to go to war if we don't know there is a legit cause?? We don't need to be 100% certain?? WOW, the genius behind your post.

It is also known that Cheney Knew that the WMDs were BS.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:39 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,936,337 times
Why arn't you Christains so eager to help the millions of others suffering in this world. Maybe the people in Darfur being raped and put to death by genocide? The people in Iraq wern't suffering worse than them. In fact most think they are suffering worse with us in power.

I am not saying that Saddam wasnt a bad person, but to say that causing this chaos was the only way is just plain stupid.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:40 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,371,868 times
Quote:
^wow, just wow. So you are saying it is OK to go to war if we don't know there is a legit cause?? We don't need to be 100% certain?? WOW, the genius behind your post.

It is also known that Cheney Knew that the WMDs were BS.

And when asked if it mattered to him that 72% of Americans were opposed to the war, Cheney responded "Who cares?"

Old 01-27-2009, 11:43 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,221,364 times
Quote:
Why arn't you Christains so eager to help the millions of others suffering in this world. Maybe the people in Darfur being raped and put to death by genocide? The people in Iraq wern't suffering worse than them. In fact most think they are suffering worse with us in power.

I am not saying that Saddam was a bad person, but to say that causing this chaos was the only way is just plain stupid.
I'd bet that if you could stop screaming for just a minute, and Google something like "Christians helping in Darfur" you'd be kind of surprised.

I happen to be friends of a young lady - very much a Christian - who just got back from a rather lengthy stint of medical work in Ghana. She was over there for MONTHS, and every penny she spent was her own. She came back heart-broken for those people, and determined to go back.

Yeah, those nasty-a** Christians just DON'T care about anybody but themselves, do they?

Old 01-27-2009, 11:44 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,221,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
And when asked if it mattered to him that 72% of Americans were opposed to the war, Cheney responded "Who cares?"
Did you write a screenplay or something? Or is that comment recorded somewhere?

Just curious.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:

I am not saying that Saddam wasnt a bad person, but to say that causing this chaos was the only way is just plain stupid.
What makes you think Christians aren't eager to help those people? There are many Christian organizations providing aid in places like Darfur. Do I need to name them for you? I'm a Christian and I sponsor two children in third world countries, many of us do. Were you speaking on behalf of all non Chrisitians or for just yourself?

World war two created a lot of chaos but in the process the Japanese were defeated and perhaps you're familar with a man named Adolph Hitler??? We took care of him too and the world is a better place today because of it. Now, don't go jumping on your high horse saying that I think war in Iraq was the only necessary course of action because I already said I opposed the war. I won't say that the world isn't a better place without Sadam though because that just wouldn't be logical. Chaotic over on Iraq? Sure it is but it's becoming much less so as they become more independent. How long do you think it took our great nation to become stable after the revolutionary war, or the civil war?

Old 01-27-2009, 11:55 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
In the meantime, I heard this morning that Obama has never even been to Chicago, and KKKarl Rove said today that if President Obama would call off Mr. Conyers, he would be happy to prove it.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies