Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 11:03 PM

172 posts, read 279,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Oh for godsake, grow up. Obama is not the boogey-man. No matter what Fox News and Sarah Palin say.
I watch all the networks and I've never heard Fox News mention that Obama is the Boogey Man. Can you post a link???

You know, the AP conducted an independent study of all the major news networks and Fox New's was found to have the most balanced coverage of the Presidential Candidate's. Yes it's true..... You must have only watched the networks which overwhelmingly praised Obama and bashed Mccain/Palin. Too bad you missed out on some real news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 07:35 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,068,429 times
Obama talked the talk, even though all he did was parrot Kennedy, but the problem is, now he has to walk the walk and he doesn't know how. He went on and on about the US becoming a Utopia with everybody working together, becoming friends and holding hands all over the world, when in reality he has no idea what he is doing. Charm does not run a country, especially in times of such turmoil.

Watching Obama is like watching the Barney show on PBS. "Won't you be my neighbor. Please won't you beeee my neighbor". "Let's ALLL be friends".

He took a look at the bailout and economy and said he had no idea it was so bad.
www.google.com www.news.yahoo.com
C'MON

Old 01-28-2009, 07:39 AM

512 posts, read 712,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PradoM View Post
Third: President Obama experienced his political origins, maturity and success through one of the most corrupt political systems in America...
The Bush administration?

Old 01-28-2009, 07:42 AM

512 posts, read 712,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mo's View Post
I watch all the networks and I've never heard Fox News mention that Obama is the Boogey Man. Can you post a link???

You know, the AP conducted an independent study of all the major news networks and Fox New's was found to have the most balanced coverage of the Presidential Candidate's. Yes it's true..... You must have only watched the networks which overwhelmingly praised Obama and bashed Mccain/Palin. Too bad you missed out on some real news.

SCHWAAAT? There was also a study that showed FOX viewers are 60% more likely to be misinformed about candidates, the economy and the war in Iraq. You need to post that link.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOKThe1stTime View Post
SCHWAAAT? There was also a study that showed FOX viewers are 60% more likely to be misinformed about candidates, the economy and the war in Iraq. You need to post that link.
I know it's hard to believe when you walk leaning to one side and lack the abilty to see right down the middle. True statement though. I'll say it again Fox News although very slightly leaned towards the right had the MOST BALANCED coverage. I was wrong about one thing only; the study was conducted by Harvard (a very liberal source), and not the associated press. Although I do remember a simliar study performed by the AP. Here's your link: Can you find a conservative source stating that 60% of voter's who watched Fox News were mis informed?

Harvard Study Concludes Media Biased Towards Democrats (What a Surprise!) | The Dead Fish Wrapper Watch

Old 01-28-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
The Bush administration?
No even worse. The State of Illinois!

Old 01-28-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
You need to post a link as well. I just googled your 60% claim and was unable to find any credible independent study backing it. I was however able to dig up several BLOGS by disgruntled Dems saying it. No facts to back it up of course, just opinionated mumbo jumbo we always here from the far, far left.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Did you write a screenplay or something? Or is that comment recorded somewhere?

Just curious.
Here's a link to Fatchances comment:

Think Progress » Cheney On Two-Thirds Of The American Public Opposing The Iraq War: ‘So?’

The liberal media will say OMG!!! The President and Vice President who represent the will of the people don't care what we think. I must have read this a thousand times when that interview first became news.

Those to the right will say that the President can't keep changing his mind every time a new poll comes out. I certainly think this is more reasonable.

The truth as usual is in between. We'll see if Obama changes his mind and agenda every time a poll comes out favorably against one of his agenda's. He may not blatantly say "so", or "who cares" but his actions will if he doesn't immediately drop what he started and change his policy. I wouldn't expect any President to reverse a policy once we've committed ourselves to something as major as trying to stabilize a country after an invasion.

Just to re-iterate so you far lefties don't lump me in with the pro war groupies. I was against going into Iraq.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:22 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mo's View Post

I believe they do maybe MSNBC who is one of the worst!

I would like a link too!

Old 01-28-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I believe they do maybe MSNBC who is one of the worst!

I would like a link too!
My link is posted in on of my responses above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies