Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 07:32 AM

8,652 posts, read 9,168,070 times

Advertisements

Simply, this bill is mostly pork spending nothing more, nothing less. If the shoe was on the other foot, I believe the republicans would be submitting their version of pork projects and the dems would be calling it out for what it is. Most of this money is going down the tubes, less some ex politicians who have a stake and or investment in these billion dollar global warming giveaways. Congress is totally corrupt by both parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 07:35 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,404,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
It isn't a Republican or Democrat thing, it is a GOVERNMENT thing, and from what I have seen from you, you don't seem to realize this.

This Stimulus Bill does NOT help the situation.
I feel the same way - I'm so tired of people saying "well the democrats have to do this because the republicans did that" At the end of this whole tit for tat thing i have a feeling no progress will have been made

Old 01-29-2009, 07:39 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,893,508 times
So the spending is pork. It is still spending. The republicans want all the money to be spent backing up their failed financial friends. They don't want it wasted on something that might be useful like improved school buildings with computerized classrooms or bridges less likely to fall down or DHS uniforms made here instead in Honduras of Chinese cloth.

One man's pork is another man's paycheck.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:41 AM

89,327 posts, read 45,064,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Tax revolt? Good idea...we can jail you all and then deny you the franchise for life on account of being convicted felons...
Nah... All they have to do is write "Rangel Rule" on their tax return when (or if...) they pay their back taxes. That could be stretched on indefinitely!

"Rangel Rule" - I love it!

U.S. Representative John Carter - Proudly Representing the 31st District of Texas (http://carter.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=109658 - broken link)

YID With LID: Legalized Tax Cheating? The Proposed "Rangel Rule"

Last edited by InformedConsent; 01-29-2009 at 07:55 AM..

Old 01-29-2009, 07:53 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,905,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I feel the same way - I'm so tired of people saying "well the democrats have to do this because the republicans did that" At the end of this whole tit for tat thing i have a feeling no progress will have been made
Because you are correct....

This isn't political,it is about trying to repair a system that is the cause of the problem.

WHERE is the $800,000,000,000 coming from again???

We are going to BORROW it....isn't the reason we are in this mess because of debt?

If this is what we are thinking will solve the problem expect a LONG hard road ahead.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:57 AM

8,652 posts, read 9,168,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
So the spending is pork. It is still spending. The republicans want all the money to be spent backing up their failed financial friends. They don't want it wasted on something that might be useful like improved school buildings with computerized classrooms or bridges less likely to fall down or DHS uniforms made here instead in Honduras of Chinese cloth.

One man's pork is another man's paycheck.
I'm not a republican nor am I a hack like many on these political threads. But apparently you're so blinded that you are unable to see straight. So you think everything is relative in that spending a hundred million dollars on ballet dancing is ok because the dancers will be able to pay the rent? Go on thinking that, it's a free country, for now.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:02 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,905,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I'm not a republican nor am I a hack like many on these political threads. But apparently you're so blinded that you are unable to see straight. So you think everything is relative in that spending a hundred million dollars on ballet dancing is ok because the dancers will be able to pay the rent? Go on thinking that, it's a free country, for now.
This has been made some sort of contest by the two sides...country be damned.

I doubt people will be quite as willing to bicker over things in a year,they will be too busy trying to survive.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:17 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,525,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
The arts? Nothing is produced by the arts, so it's a greater waste of money.
A personality cult?

Old 01-29-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
From $300 to $400 million for STDs prevention !!! How is that going to help the economy?
Funnels money into abortion clinics.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:21 AM

The next dire situations will give birth to the "living wage"...Just a guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies